Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Hankey

Premier league clubs to vote on scrapping VAR

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

my calculations call that % BS

Theyre missing the mark entirely. People just want to enjoy the moments, if there are some incorrect calls along the way… well then at least that’s a good talking point. 

I’d personally keep a VAR system with - a simple purpose. off the ball violent conduct and mistaken identity by an official. Anything else… play on 

• Like 1

I agree that it should be scrapped and replaced with the offside technology. 

VAR always comes down to human judgment anyway so there is no point of it if we can't get more consistency than we have without it.  

The offside tech however is yes/no on/off though so easier to be fair throughout. 

• Like 1

It's good news but I don't think they'll actually go through with it. Too many clubs pretending it hasn't been a disaster for the game which it has been.

Fear Wolves' anti VAR stance is a bit too much driven by outcome bias and assumption that it's used against them rather than how bad it's been for the game in general.

Would be fantastic if they did get rid though. I was no fan from the start and even I can't believe quite how utterly dire it's turned out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can UFS and foxes trust put pressure on the club to vote to scrap it?

This season has been a joy to watch matches without it. I don't see anything in the statements from wolves or the Premier league that addresses the fact that it massively diminishes the enjoyment of the match for fans. Kills the euphoria of scoring goals.

We're the paying customers after all. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I'd absolutely love this.

Never, at any point this season, such as Daka's goal at Leeds being incorrectly ruled out, did I wish we had VAR.

Doubt the vote will go the way I want it to though.

Not looking forward to holding back on celebrating any goal next season in case somebody's toenail was offside in the build up.

It's another thing that'll expose the disconnect between fans and the authorities. The Premier League want it despite it harming their league. I think even those who support the use of technology would concede that it's been largely diabolical since introduced.

Fully expect the same journalists who've been bashing Spurs fans in the last 48 hours to take the pro VAR stance as well.