Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Iversen

Posted (edited)

Rumour is Stoke are going for Kristiansen Viktor Johanssen from Rotherham, would suggest Iversen won't be signing permanently for them.

Edited by Tuna

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Rumour is Stoke are going for Kristiansen from Rotherham, would suggest Iversen won't be signing permanently for them.

Available for 900k so cheaper option I guess

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Didn't we turn down 4m for Iversen last summer :frusty:

If I recall we rejected bids in both the summer of 2022 and 2023. It was reported that the bid rejected last summer was multiple millions and even if it was only £2-3m it seems daft we rejected it out of hand. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If I recall we rejected bids in both the summer of 2022 and 2023. It was reported that the bid rejected last summer was multiple millions and even if it was only £2-3m it seems daft we rejected it out of hand. 

Unbelievable isn't it.

He was one of thr easiest players to cash in on, pure profit.

100 he's goes on loan until his contract is up and leave for free!

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the club assumed that multiple championship clubs would be queing for his services on loan and banked on the fact his stock would rise. Once again, a stupid gamble to take now knowing the financial crisis the club is in. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Tuna said:

Rumour is Stoke are going for Kristiansen Viktor Johanssen from Rotherham, would suggest Iversen won't be signing permanently for them.

We asked for too much again.  We just wont learn.

Edited by Chrysalis

22 minutes ago, Tinman said:

We're rumoured to be interested apparently

You should buy him. Definitely.

To be fair, hes a decent shot stopper and he's young and he'll get better. If you buy him for 2m you'd make a profit if he gets some games under his belt.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, yes buy him, he will only get better and be worth more with more games.

(For @Ryy and @MPH - are we adding a million each post or doubling?just so I am clear on this tactic). 

lol

I feel like we need a Del Boy style approach to any offers we get other than the spine of the team, of course..

• Haha 1

He is genuinely a very good keeper especially at Championship level, he isn’t the greatest playing out from the back which will prevent him progressing much above that level and lower premiership but he is a very solid and decent addition for any Championship club and even at £2-3m would be a sound investment and would most likely generate a profit further down the line 

• Like 1

Our strategy to buying and selling players is utterly ridiculous if these quoted figures are anywhere near correct . Surely questions are being asked and the performance of the DoF challenged , by people within the organisation 

Iversen probably got a big Salary increase after his performances under Rogers which now makes him out of the reach of a lot of championship clubs.

Surly he's worth 3 million even as a Premiership back up. Or a number 1 overseas.