Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

the current situation in France is a good case study of 2nd & 3rd generation immigrants who absolutely hate the country they live in. 
 

They don’t have a future and they know it so they just cause as much trouble as possible.

 

Eh? Are you aware of French history? Violent protest is practically a national pastime, it couldn't be more French, so if anything, they've assimilated really well.

 

Liberté! Égalité! Fraternité!

 

Non?

  • Like 4
Posted
8 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Eh? Are you aware of French history? Violent protest is practically a national pastime, it couldn't be more French, so if anything, they've assimilated really well.

 

Liberté! Égalité! Fraternité!

 

Non?

Then why are they holding up Palestine & Algerian flags in front of the destruction they’ve caused? I thought they were French? 

  • Like 4
Posted
9 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Britain excluded from US talks on Nato’s future https://share.google/ZKYqO9QzTvr4Z16Re

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c5zjzjgdeneeo

 

Donald Trump has said he may ask European countries to release some of their diesel reserves as he considers banning US exports of the fuel.

The president's comment comes after Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent urged Europe to immediately get ready to release diesel supplies, arguing that US farmers, truckers, and businesses "should not be left carrying the burden" as prices soar.

The US has threatened to restrict diesel exports after the war in Iran caused prices to soar. The cost of fuel is a priority issue for US voters ahead of the midterm elections in November.

On Thursday, the UK held talks with European partners about the potential release of diesel reserves in response to any ban.

 

Does anyone now really think the current US regime is anything other than belligerent at best and hostile at worst, and should be treated as such by the UK?

  • Like 3
Posted

So what happens with Christa Pike now..? 
 

Do they nurse her back to health then go “sorry we’ve got to try kill you again”

 

or if she pulls through will she just stay on death row again for years? 

Posted
25 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Then why are they holding up Palestine & Algerian flags in front of the destruction they’ve caused? I thought they were French? 

does being a French citizen make your soul French ?

 

I’ll find an image of a French flag infront of some ruined buildings in Algeria from the 19th century …….

 

it seems that across many parts of Europe, those who were violently colonised in the past are having their say now, mainly via democratic means, sometimes not.


revenge is a dish ……

 

This is a pov - not necessarily mine. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Rubbersoul said:

So what happens with Christa Pike now..? 
 

Do they nurse her back to health then go “sorry we’ve got to try kill you again”

 

or if she pulls through will she just stay on death row again for years? 

And the (very darkly) ironic thing about this was that she requested a firing squad as her method of execution, but that request was rejected. 

 

I daresay that would have been more effective than what has happened here. 

Posted
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

does being a French citizen make your soul French ?

 

I’ll find an image of a French flag infront of some ruined buildings in Algeria from the 19th century …….

 

it seems that across many parts of Europe, those who were violently colonised in the past are having their say now, mainly via democratic means, sometimes not.


revenge is a dish ……

 

This is a pov - not necessarily mine. 

Yeah, the French colonial history in north Africa is... complicated, to say the least.

 

And it plays into the much larger debate of what exactly defines nationality and ethnicity in this day and age. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

does being a French citizen make your soul French ?

 

I’ll find an image of a French flag infront of some ruined buildings in Algeria from the 19th century …….

 

it seems that across many parts of Europe, those who were violently colonised in the past are having their say now, mainly via democratic means, sometimes not.


revenge is a dish ……

 

This is a pov - not necessarily mine. 

Good points to be fair. 
 

I’m not sure if these youths have revenge on their mind or if they’re just totally feral.
 

Be interesting to see if you asked them what nationality are you how many would actually say French?

 

But to be honest, I’ve said my bit better not get into that debate today haha. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Posted
9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And the (very darkly) ironic thing about this was that she requested a firing squad as her method of execution, but that request was rejected. 

 

I daresay that would have been more effective than what has happened here. 

I said this yesterday but if I had to pick it would be firing squad. 
 

Less likely to go wrong, unless you have 5 people with dreadful aim..  

Posted
1 hour ago, Rubbersoul said:

So what happens with Christa Pike now..? 
 

Do they nurse her back to health then go “sorry we’ve got to try kill you again”

 

or if she pulls through will she just stay on death row again for years? 

They have to apply for a new warrant for execution and they will try again.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

They have to apply for a new warrant for execution and they will try again.

With the same shitty veins, the same out of date phenobarbital and the same result most likely.  Unless they put in a main line and go straight into her heart I suppose.

Edited by Jon the Hat
Posted

Bad Taste warning but it reminds me of this joke / shaggy dog story. 

(Couldn't be bother to write it all out from memory so this is Ai version)

 

A train conductor is reckless and causes a major crash that kills several people. He is found guilty and sentenced to death by the electric chair. [1, 2, 3]
For his final meal, he requests a single banana. He eats it, gets strapped into the electric chair, and the guards flip the switch. Sparks fly and smoke fills the room, but when it clears, the man is sitting there completely unharmed. Because he survived his execution, by law he is set free, and he manages to get his old job back. 
Predictably, being terrible at his job, he crashes another train and kills more people. He is put back on death row and sentenced to the electric chair a second time. For his last meal, he asks for two bananas. They strap him in, pull the switch, and once again—he survives. He is released yet again. 
Not long after, he manages to crash a third train, killing three more people. Back on death row, the executioner is furious. [1, 2]
"I've had it with you and your stupid bananas!" the executioner yells. "You aren't getting a single bite to eat this time. We are strapping you in and doing this right now!" [1, 2]
Against protocol, they strap him into the chair with no last meal at all. The switch is pulled, sparks fly, and smoke fills the room. When the smoke clears, the man is still sitting there completely fine. [1, 2]
The executioner is absolutely speechless.
The man looks up and says, "Oh, the bananas had nothing to do with it. I'm just a bad conductor."
  • Haha 1
Posted
2 hours ago, lcfcell said:

Then why are they holding up Palestine & Algerian flags in front of the destruction they’ve caused? I thought they were French? 

Didn't see any in the scenes I saw. I guess people watch news suited to what they want.

  • Like 1
Posted
26 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Didn't see any in the scenes I saw. I guess people watch news suited to what they want.

Wait, you don’t have GB news on a direct link into your brain like I obviously do? 
 

God I wish I wasn’t so thick! 

Posted
3 hours ago, Rubbersoul said:

So what happens with Christa Pike now..? 
 

Do they nurse her back to health then go “sorry we’ve got to try kill you again”

 

or if she pulls through will she just stay on death row again for years? 

 

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

And the (very darkly) ironic thing about this was that she requested a firing squad as her method of execution, but that request was rejected. 

 

I daresay that would have been more effective than what has happened here. 

Didn't she torture her victim? Almost like this is an epic revenge from the grave story. Surely, they try again and succeed the second time? I mean, this is what they were gunning for.

 

I am not really bothered per say. I can't say i support the death penalty except in some  emotionally extreme situations (which if push came to shove) I'd likely say "dont do that it's not our job".   But, when you see people raping or killing innocent children, it becomes hard to say no. Always a **** out there who you want to just be gone but it's not really our right to play God is it?  

 

 

 

 

 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

 

Didn't she torture her victim? Almost like this is an epic revenge from the grave story. Surely, they try again and succeed the second time? I mean, this is what they were gunning for.

 

I am not really bothered per say. I can't say i support the death penalty except in some  emotionally extreme situations (which if push came to shove) I'd likely say "dont do that it's not our job".   But, when you see people raping or killing innocent children, it becomes hard to say no. Always a **** out there who you want to just be gone but it's not really our right to play God is it?  

 

 

 

 

 

The death penalty is a very involved topic and there's been quite a bit written on it here. 

 

My take remains the same; if the state has such a system in place, with the justice system we currently have alongside it, it is inevitable that at some point an innocent person will be put to death by the state. 

 

Whether that cost is acceptable is up to the beholder. 

  • Like 1
Posted
16 hours ago, Rubbersoul said:

if you had to pick one surely firing squad is the best method. It’s probably how I’d go out 

Not if you're looking at the squad in "Bleckadder goes forth" as the model to follow. 😀

Posted
17 hours ago, lcfcell said:

the current situation in France is a good case study of 2nd & 3rd generation immigrants who absolutely hate the country they live in. 
 

They don’t have a future and they know it so they just cause as much trouble as possible.

 

One hell of a take given it's a protest about the education system - the poor standard of school facilities, lack of staff and class sizes. I don't think protest about that is restricted to 2nd & 3rd generation immigrants. 

  • Like 4
Posted
2 hours ago, deep blue said:

Not if you're looking at the squad in "Bleckadder goes forth" as the model to follow. 😀

Was that the Seth Efreken version?

Posted
3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

One hell of a take given it's a protest about the education system - the poor standard of school facilities, lack of staff and class sizes. I don't think protest about that is restricted to 2nd & 3rd generation immigrants. 

Started out as a protest about education system but it seems a lot of the rioting is in areas populated by 1st and 2nd gen MENA immigrants. Though of course those places will be more deprived anyway. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

With the same shitty veins, the same out of date phenobarbital and the same result most likely.  Unless they put in a main line and go straight into her heart I suppose.

They could use an arterial line or the largest vein, the jugular which is pretty hard to miss if you know your anatomy.

 

We used the jugular if we couldn't get good access from other veins.

 

(The circus wasn't happy) :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...