Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Habitual loser Russell Martin doing Russell Martin things.

Yet he has a stunning wife, I'm led to believe, and has three paycheques coming in; LCFC. Southampton and Rangers.

I think that might make him a winner - just not on the football field fortunately. 

Posted
24 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

We're still in a qualification position :scarf:

 

Screenshot-2026-10-06-231410.png

I can't believe the top 2 go through. I was convinced it was top only and tonight had essentially put us out. So this nonsense is likely to continue further into the season. Christ.

  • Haha 2
Posted

Bit of a random point but I think it obviously applies to us. I've not seen tonight but it is by all accounts a game we had the chances to win, and the stats back it up. There are plenty lamenting the finishing tonight, and against Barnsley. And I think both are fair.

 

But where the fairness stops is that people only ever want to talk about efficiency from finishing when you've been wasteful. I don't see people talking about how ridiculously efficient we were against Stockport and Plymouth for example.

  • Like 2
Posted
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Bit of a random point but I think it obviously applies to us. I've not seen tonight but it is by all accounts a game we had the chances to win, and the stats back it up. There are plenty lamenting the finishing tonight, and against Barnsley. And I think both are fair.

 

But where the fairness stops is that people only ever want to talk about efficiency from finishing when you've been wasteful. I don't see people talking about how ridiculously efficient we were against Stockport and Plymouth for example.

 

That's because it was against Stockport and Plymouth.............

Posted
48 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

That's because it was against Stockport and Plymouth.............

What two vastly less resourced clubs than ourselves? Their wage bills combined are probably nowhere near ours.

Posted
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Bit of a random point but I think it obviously applies to us. I've not seen tonight but it is by all accounts a game we had the chances to win, and the stats back it up. There are plenty lamenting the finishing tonight, and against Barnsley. And I think both are fair.

 

But where the fairness stops is that people only ever want to talk about efficiency from finishing when you've been wasteful. I don't see people talking about how ridiculously efficient we were against Stockport and Plymouth for example.

 But we didn’t waste chances - no matter what you’ve read into the stats. We were simply ineffective at creating them. Apparently, we had 4 shots on target from 70% possession. And I can’t recall any of them or even once thinking we should score. We just passed the ball around on the halfway line, as usual, without once looking threatening. Or maybe i just didn’t notice whilst this turgid nonsense lulled me into clearing emails and googling stuff. 

Posted
2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

What really annoys me is that we wait for the opposition to get into position before properly attacking so no wonder we have poor shots or so many blocked shots, the tactics allow this to happen. 

 

We have the squad talent now to really hurt teams but because we're so slow in attack it works for the opposition, every game, every team have found defending us too easy. 

 

We don't pass into space as it's so slow. When we do, the player receiving the pass is isolated. In an Enzo system at least 1 midfielder was over lapping to support or to drag a defender out of position. Now, we isolate the player and wonder why they have to either cut back or pass to no one. 

 

I'm really getting frustrated with this system, clearly not working and a good manager will address it. Sadly, it's going to be a continuous issue. 

I was as furious/bored as others with Enzo’s football by the end of it but we were spoilt with having him as a coach.

 

Martin is Winks as a manager.

 

More impressed with padding pointless and irrelevant stats than winning/influencing a game.

 

Martin is a fraud. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

 

There's always next year. 

We might get a few years to try and win this yet! 

  • Haha 1
Posted
9 hours ago, TSFox said:

Credit to Stevenage - they were organised and worked-hard. We could learn a lot from that.

 

We played some nice stuff. Goals will come.

 

Supporters were better tonight. 

How often in the last few years have we said it wasn’t quality that beat us, but effort - the other team worked harder? I’ve lost count.

 

Also there’s an inbuilt arrogance that comes with this style of play, and our manager. When you combine that with how we have no standards around the whole club (which we will only change with a change of ownership) I fear it’s a recipe for disaster.

 

I sort of think there is no point sacking Martin because we’ve tried that before. Sacking managers doesn’t improve things. Signing players who are better characters - like your Lundstrams etc - can only begin to redress the balance, but as we’ve said for years now the problems run deeper.

  • Like 3
Posted
3 hours ago, TrentFox said:

 But we didn’t waste chances - no matter what you’ve read into the stats. We were simply ineffective at creating them. Apparently, we had 4 shots on target from 70% possession. And I can’t recall any of them or even once thinking we should score. We just passed the ball around on the halfway line, as usual, without once looking threatening. Or maybe i just didn’t notice whilst this turgid nonsense lulled me into clearing emails and googling stuff. 

Doyle missed 3 good chances from my memory. Not hitting the target once. We moved the ball so slowly first half. Very frustrating 

Posted
32 minutes ago, shilton_fox said:

Doyle missed 3 good chances from my memory. Not hitting the target once. We moved the ball so slowly first half. Very frustrating 

The header from 3 yards out, right in front of us. Dear lord.

  • Like 2
Posted
11 hours ago, James and his giant peach said:

Same pattern every single game but he doesn't change a thing. 70% possession double the amount of shots as other team, 7 million passes. Draw or loss. If we don't win these two home games get shut of him. 

Haven't you already seen enough? 

 

What would 1 or 2 wins change? 

  • Like 1
Posted

What I keep coming back to is how easy it actually can be to score goals against opposition in our league. For all the Martinball slop our goal came from a single pass from our centre half putting our striker through on goal. 

 

But we're owned by an idiot wedded to a style a decade past it's best so we have to make 800 passes and lose 2-1.

  • Like 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What I keep coming back to is how easy it actually can be to score goals against opposition in our league. For all the Martinball slop our goal came from a single pass from our centre half putting our striker through on goal. 

 

But we're owned by an idiot wedded to a style a decade past it's best so we have to make 800 passes and lose 2-1.

Even a couple of the missed chances were from balls over the top.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...