Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 2017-4-27 at 12:55, StarkFox said:

Just watched snatch (2000) well fuc**** hell, loved it. 

Brad pitt being a pikey was really weird? :blink:

On 2017-4-27 at 13:23, The Blur said:

Try Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.  It is rather similar to Snatch but equally as good. 

I'd love to be watching these again for the first time. 2 great films.

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 20:25, ajthefox said:

Image result for walk in the woods

Watched this the other day. Had no idea it was based on a Bryson book when I put it on but I like Bryson and liked the film. 

Nothing special but a few little laughs and some great cinematography.

Still want to watch this. My favourite Bryson book.

Been to see Guardians 2 today. I enjoyed it slightly more than the first which I thought was only average. It was definitely funnier and Drax had all the best lines. I liked the music choices better too. There wasn't really any plot to speak of though, in the grand Marvel Universe scheme of things anyway. It all seemed very self contained.

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 18:33, oakman said:

Saw Alien:Covenant last Thursday - pretty enjoyable and a big improvement on Prometheus.

Anything made by the bloke down the street would be a big improvement over Prometheus.

Watching it through for a second time does nothing to alter my view that it was a total piece of garbage at the time and still is.

Convenant on the other hand looks great on the trailer, but then so did Prometheus, so I reserve judgement on that until I've seen it myself.  If reviews are anything to go by, it's scored similar to Prometheus and almost identically to Guardians 2 as well, so will wait and see.

I will go and see it though as I do like all things Alien (apart from Prometheus and Alien:R). 

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:48, RobHawk said:

watched Get out over the weekend - poor mans Skeleton Key! 

If you've not seen it - don't bother, the skeleton Key is way better!

Preferred Get out myself . Both good movies IMO

Guest seanfox778
23 hours ago, Wookie said:

What's everyone's favourite film that critics don't like/rate/get the point?

There's a film called Happiness which I think is very odd and darkly humoured but i like it. It's uncomfortable viewing but still funny, a very weird combination. I'm not sure how it was received by critics but i showed it to my friend once and he didn't know what to make of it. Here's the trailer:

https://youtu.be/JzYllBpl-9I

10 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

There's a film called Happiness which I think is very odd and darkly humoured but i like it. It's uncomfortable viewing but still funny, a very weird combination. I'm not sure how it was received by critics but i showed it to my friend once and he didn't know what to make of it. Here's the trailer:

https://youtu.be/JzYllBpl-9I

Just had a look, got a good rating on IMDB, Roger Ebert and Rotten tomatoes 

Alien Covenant was ultimately a bit average, but better than Prometheus. Let down by the writing when the Aliens weren't on screen. Dull characters who you didn't care about, but ok action scenes. Fassbender was the best thing in it (apart from one horrific scene with a recorder - you'll know it when you've seen it).

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

Alien Covenant was ultimately a bit average, but better than Prometheus. Let down by the writing when the Aliens weren't on screen. Dull characters who you didn't care about, but ok action scenes. Fassbender was the best thing in it (apart from one horrific scene with a recorder - you'll know it when you've seen it).

Went to see it Friday, ok film just the end plot twist spoilt things by being way to obvious. Maybe the alien movie franchise has well and truly ran its course now.

Edited by josh_baskin