Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 06/03/2017 at 22:58, Mythyaar said:

If you like Horror and a bit of recent history, Under the Shadow, set during the Iran Iraq conflict of the 80s, combines the two brilliantly. Great film.

Is this the haunted house drama about a djinn that's tormenting a young mother? If so I remember reading reviews in empire but just forgot all about it.

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

No Escape on Netflix - 8/10

Tense thriller about an American expat family who move to "a city in East Asia" just as it's taken over by a militia. Well worth an hour and a half of your time. 

is that the one with Steve Carrell? or was it Owen Wilson? Good film 

Edited by Beliall

Was listening to the radio yesterday and they were talking about a new film based on the germans occupation of the channel islands during WW2. Its based on the real life story of a women who hid a russian POW and ended up getting caught and dying in a concentration camp - right before the end of the war.

I thought it sounded awesome - until i heard Ronan ****ing Keating was one of the stars in it! I mean WTF????

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Owen Wilson, Lake Bell and Pierce Brosnan (who is just brilliant in basically everything he's in these days)

I agree! A lot better than i was expecting! And Brosnan was brilliant! 

2 hours ago, RobHawk said:

I agree! A lot better than i was expecting! And Brosnan was brilliant! 

Absolutely. Saw the cast list and thought Wilson hadn't done much for a while, but Brosnan is always brilliant and Lake Bell was fantastic in Man Up with Simon Pegg. First half was so tense, I was completely gripped. Love finding films like this that have little to no press or promotion and turn out to be brilliant. 

On 3/5/2017 at 21:48, Finnegan said:

Just seen Logan. It's okay, seven of ten, reasonable but not worth the hype.

Ridiculously violent though. Not that I mind but if Tarantino made a film like that, even without all his usual language, no way he gets it a 15 rating. Unbelievable.

I wasn't expecting that much blood and guts I must admit! A bit OOT I thought, and you're right - its should definitely be an 18 rating.

The story was O.K. I guess and Hugh Jackman is always good value. Seeing Stephen Merchant in it was a bit of a surprise lol

Overall a bit meh for me, and one that won't last very long in the memory...

• Like 1

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 10:46, Finnegan said:

Is this the haunted house drama about a djinn that's tormenting a young mother? If so I remember reading reviews in empire but just forgot all about it.

Certainly is. Great film, make sure you watch it!

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

10 Cloverfield Lane.

Drivel.

And the ending was beyond stupid.

Critics get paid off for giving out good reviews on this one?  Steer well clear.

Have you seen cloverfield? there's more installments to come.

7 hours ago, Beliall said:

Have you seen cloverfield? there's more installments to come.

Yes and I didn't like that either.  Given that the reviews were better for this I was expecting an improvement but it was worse!

Billed as a drama/horror/mystery it was low on drama, certainly wasn't a horror and hardly mysterious.  In fact, it ends up being some cheap sci-fi with a molotov cocktail thrown in.  it was laughable by the end.

Big X-men fan, still have a ton load of the comics stashed in a cupboard so I was looking forwards to seeing Logan and I enjoyed it, very good if downbeat movie.

Not gonna spoil anything but loved that they used this song for the end credits.

On 11/03/2017 at 00:02, Legend_in_blue said:

10 Cloverfield Lane.

Drivel.

And the ending was beyond stupid.

Critics get paid off for giving out good reviews on this one?  Steer well clear.

Personally thought it was a very well acted peformnace piece. 

Not particularly sure what part you thought was drivel. Each to their own of course.

Get Out. Mystery/Thriller released today. 

A great film with a really different storyline. It's had rave reviews and I can see why. But one of the few films I've seen that could easily have been for TV. The big screen experience adds nothing but enjoyed it none the less. Good stuff 8/10

9 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

A great film with a really different storyline. It's had rave reviews and I can see why. But one of the few films I've seen that could easily have been for TV. The big screen experience adds nothing but enjoyed it none the less. Good stuff 8/10

Looking forward to watching this.

16 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Brilliant, for the content and how it's made large sections of the US population lose their shit regarding race tropes.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
On 15/03/2017 at 20:04, ithuriel said:

Big X-men fan, still have a ton load of the comics stashed in a cupboard so I was looking forwards to seeing Logan and I enjoyed it, very good if downbeat movie.

Not gonna spoil anything but loved that they used this song for the end credits.

I still haven't seen Logan but I love this song, they used it in that mediocre Brad Pitt gangster film Killing Them Softly I believe.

36 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I still haven't seen Logan but I love this song, they used it in that mediocre Brad Pitt gangster film Killing Them Softly I believe.

They used it for the remake of Dawn of the Dead too.