Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Robert Rodriguez needs to stop making films for his kids, the sentimental bastard, and get back to ultra violent Mexican "b" movies. 

Used to be one of my favourite directors, Planet Terror was one of my favourite films of my student years. 

This just looks like watery teen fantasy nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Watched the Butterfly Effect last night.

Really enjoyed it, was a good watch. 

I heard there is an alternative ending, so will be looking to watch that.

Its a great movie, they made a 2 & 3 also but they were no where near as good. 

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Its a great movie, they made a 2 & 3 also but they were no where near as good. 

Yeah I do a little check on IMDB before watching films, and seen they have made sequels with horrendous reviews, so think I'll give them a miss! 

American Assassin,decent action film 7/10

After the death of his girlfriend at the hands of terrorists, Mitch Rapp is drawn into the world of counterterrorism, mentored by a tough-as-nails former U.S. Navy S.E.A.L 

5 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

Why do some movie trailers have a pre trailer just before them? It’s so daft.

Example:

I can't keep up with all of these Halloween films.  Didn't Michael get finished off in the last one - H20?  If this is set 40 years after the original (and still the best by far) how is he still alive?

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I can't keep up with all of these Halloween films.  Didn't Michael get finished off in the last one - H20?  If this is set 40 years after the original (and still the best by far) how is he still alive?

This one completely ignores every sequel, apparently. It's supposed to take place after the 1st one. When he fell on the lawn he was arrested, I'm guessing. It looks pretty ok though. Looking forward to it.

Edited by seanfox778

After holding off for a while, I watched Dark Tower yesterday. 

What an absolutely unbelievable load of shit. Quite possibly the worst treatment of a book in the recent history of cinema. I know it wasn't meant to be a literal retelling but it wasn't even faithful to the spirit of the series. 

It was dreadful from a fan's perspective but I can only imagine it was dreadful for a first timer as well because it explained nothing, was completely rushed, gave no significance to Jake, Roland and R/M/W at all, did nothing to explain who or what Gunslingers are, did very little to really show the gravity of the tower. 

It was just pap. 

Why was it only 90 minutes if it was going to try and tell a self contained story? 

What an absolute waste of Idris Elba, Matthew McC and one of the best series of fantasy novels out there with a large cut following. Bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What an absolutely unbelievable load of shit. Quite possibly the worst treatment of a book in the recent history of cinema. I know it wasn't meant to be a literal retelling but it wasn't even faithful to the spirit of the series. 

It was dreadful from a fan's perspective but I can only imagine it was dreadful for a first timer as well because it explained nothing, was completely rushed, gave no significance to Jake, Roland and R/M/W at all, did nothing to explain who or what Gunslingers are, did very little to really show the gravity of the tower. 

It was just pap. 

Why was it only 90 minutes if it was going to try and tell a self contained story? 

What an absolute waste of Idris Elba, Matthew McC and one of the best series of fantasy novels out there with a large cut following. Bizarre. 

Massive disappointment isn’t it. The most disappointing thing of this for me was because I went cinema with my mum who is a massive Stephen King film she kept waking me up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Massive disappointment isn’t it. The most disappointing thing of this for me was because I went cinema with my mum who is a massive Stephen King film she kept waking me up. 

lol

Waited years for someone to do it then this. 

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I've heard of people being raised by movies but that's something else

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It was just pap. 

I didn't dislike the Dark Tower, i read the book years ago so had little to no recollection of it. I adore Idris Elba so that helped and i thought the kid in it did a decent job.

I wouldnt say it was amazing but decent enough to watch.

I agree that there could have been many questions answered and alot was left to the imagination. Perhaps why it only had a 5.7 IMDB rating.

Guest seanfox778

Kramer Vs Kramer 7/10

A mother abandons her 7 year old son and husband because she's stressed with life. About a year later she comes back... for full custody! 

Pretty good drama, it's all about the acting from the 3 leads though, Dustin Hoffman and the young boy are great together and Meryl Streep is always super in these emotional films.

5787509246_61c5e687c9.jpg

Edited by seanfox778

On 27/07/2018 at 06:06, seanfox778 said:

Why do some movie trailers have a pre trailer just before them? It’s so daft.

Example:

Ohh damn!! Didn't even realise this was on the horizon.

Yeah must just follow the original as Laurie chucked herself off a mental hospital in one a few years back. Some have been comical over the years, remember even seeing Busta Rhymes in one of them. Think it was the 3rd one I wasn't really into as Michael wasn't even in it. H2O I think the best of the more recent releases.

4 hours ago, Choppalcfc said:

watched run all night with liam neeson in the other day awesome film would recommend 

Decided to give it a go as I like Liam Neeson movies. It was decent with plenty of action. Although I think I preferred the John Wicks films over it. 

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
15 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Ohh damn!! Didn't even realise this was on the horizon.

Yeah must just follow the original as Laurie chucked herself off a mental hospital in one a few years back. Some have been comical over the years, remember even seeing Busta Rhymes in one of them. Think it was the 3rd one I wasn't really into as Michael wasn't even in it. H2O I think the best of the more recent releases.

I think after Halloween and Halloween II they planned on releasing a different themed Halloween film every year or every few years. They tried it with Halloween III: Season of the Witch (even the title had nothing to do with the storyline of that film) and it bombed pretty hard and left audiences confused, they expected a Michael Myers film. They ended up bringing him back for Halloween IV and the franchise just became about him.