Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

35 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Any body like the film Green Street? I am not a West Ham fan by any means, but it was a great movie imo.

My mother, who would have been in her late 60s at the time loved it lol . I thought it was crap.

9 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

The Snowman - 6/10

i thought this was quite good after a slow start. Grizzly detective murder mystery, set with a beautiful Norwegian backdrop. An alcoholic cop (funny how the alcoholics make the best detectives in movies) is being sent clues which lead to bloody murders and he has to find the bugger doing it before it gets worse. I had a look on IMDb and it is widely panned on there, it was a bit disjointed and I’ve never been a fan of CGI but it’s rare to see a film without it these days. 

42ABA9C1-0544-42BE-B4E2-1F89D5267274.jpeg

I'm actually reading that book at the moment.

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Do not know if this belongs here but Guardians Of The Galaxy director, James Gunn fired over decade old offensive tweets, dark humour or something more disturbing?

Surely there’s more to it than that. Being fired for 10 year old comments on a platform where people post stupid things all day, everyday is a bit odd. Bad news for Guardians of the Galaxy fans as they’re quite uniquely filmed and felt quite personal to the director, I think it will be difficult for another to recreate the atmosphere of those movies.

Edit: I just googled the tweets, they’re very weird and I’m now not surprised he was fired seeing as Disney now own Marvel.

Edited by seanfox778

8 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I just watched "how it ends" on Netflix. Love me a good disaster movie, this one however is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever spent 2 hours watching. 

What a mess. 

I watched it for an hour. I couldn’t see where it was going. 

4 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

Surely there’s more to it than that. Being fired for 10 year old comments on a platform where people post stupid things all day, everyday is a bit odd. Bad news for Guardians of the Galaxy fans as they’re quite uniquely filmed and felt quite personal to the director, I think it will be difficult for another to recreate the atmosphere of those movies.

Edit: I just googled the tweets, they’re very weird and I’m now not surprised he was fired seeing as Disney now own Marvel.

As a sidestory to this, these Tweets were discovered by a rightwing journo looking for dirt because Gunn is pretty much consistently anti-Trump.

Perhaps if such folks want to look for derogatory and inflammatory Tweets that should result in the person being fired they should look closer to home, viz. the current occupant of the White House?

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

As a sidestory to this, these Tweets were discovered by a rightwing journo looking for dirt because Gunn is pretty much consistently anti-Trump.

Perhaps if such folks want to look for derogatory and inflammatory Tweets that should result in the person being fired they should look closer to home, viz. the current occupant of the White House?

Everything Trump has ever said is repeated and criticised ad nauseam . Digging up stuff written10 years ago is a bit pathetic imo even though the tweets are pretty bad,but if you're going to indulge in those tactics you can't really complain when it happens to you.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Everything Trump has ever said is repeated and criticised ad nauseam . Digging up stuff written10 years ago is a bit pathetic imo even though the tweets are pretty bad,but if you're going to indulge in those tactics you can't really complain when it happens to you.

Repeated and criticised? Absolutely. Any decisive action taken? Hell no - he's still at the top and hasn't had anything happen to him that limits what he wants to do, has he?

I'd agree that it's pretty daft to look for 10-yr old deleted Tweets no matter who's spouting them , but honestly, any Trump supporter calling for Gunn to be fired on account of these and then praising what "their President" says (and does) in the same breath is a hypocrite of the highest order.

Edited by leicsmac

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Repeated and criticised? Absolutely. Any decisive action taken? Hell no - he's still at the top and hasn't had anything that limits what he wants to do, has he?

I'd agree that it's pretty daft to look for 10-yr old deleted Tweets no matter who's spouting them , but honestly, any Trump supporter calling for Gunn to be fired on account of these and then praising what "their President" says (and does) in the same breath is a hypocrite of the highest order.

It's not just Trump who gets the treatment though. I think it's more a case of you've done it to us,we'll do it to you.

This is the film thread , let's not clutter this thread up with this.

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's not just Trump who gets the treatment though. I think it's more a case of you've done it to us,we'll do it to you.

This is the film thread , let's not clutter this thread up with this.

I'd posit that it is a highly successful case of the bolded, yes. Still hypocritical, though.

But yes, let's leave it at that - I hope this doesn't ruin Guardians 3 as a movie.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Finally got round to seeing the latest Jurassic World movie, not impressed to be honest, seems more like a short story padded out and is far inferior to even Jurassic 3:jawdrop:

I watched The Lost World for the first time the other week and I was actually surprised at how ok it was, I put off watching it for years, not sure why now. Who doesn't love a film where Jeff Goldblum is the leading star! 

The new Godzilla trailer looks like they have learnt their lesson from the first movie perhaps.

It features Godzilla, Rhodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah and you get the classic sounds and blue radioactive fire :D

Edited by ithuriel

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:57, Samilktray said:

Aquaman & Shazam trailers both look great but Godzilla looks amazing

Can not wait for the Godzilla movie, lot of speculation but big G is supposed to have at least double the screen time and the movie might pit Mothra, Rhodan and Godzilla against King Ghidorah.

Whatever happens, so long as I get to see big G in a full on smackdown, beating the tar out of that three headed dragon I'll be happy.

There is no worse film on Netflix other than The Open House.

Absolute waste of time. The build up is good, creepy and so many questions and you sit wondering how it's going to connect and tie up with 15 mins left, and it doesn't. 

It's a must watch to actually see how bad it is.

5 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

There is no worse film on Netflix other than The Open House.

Absolute waste of time. The build up is good, creepy and so many questions and you sit wondering how it's going to connect and tie up with 15 mins left, and it doesn't. 

It's a must watch to actually see how bad it is.

That's up against some pretty stiff opposition. There's a lot of terrible films in general and most of them are on Netflix. Thanks for the info though, I'll avoid.