Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

14 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

‘22 July’ coming out on Netflix tomorrow. All about the terrorist attack in Oslo by Breivik and him gunning those kids down on an island. Should be an interesting but uncomfortable watch

Cheers mate I'll give that a watch. 

Kill The Messenger was a punch in the gut kind of the film starring Jeremy Renner.   It is a true life account of an American reporter who attempted to expose CIA's involvement in cocaine smuggling from Nicaragua into USA to fund the overthrowing of Sandinistia government.   The movie then covers how the reporter's reputation was discredited and ruined and the subsequent impact on his family.   It is truly depressing to see how much power the government have over the people,  there were even reports of several people involved with the movie being approached by CIA agents during the production however it is truly a good watch.  

On 12/10/2018 at 21:33, The Doctor said:

Johnny English is pretty bloody funny.

I liked it was an improvement on Johnny English reborn which I'm sorry was just plain simply unfunny and boring and lost its charm from the first movie. Felt the producers and writers listened to much to critics and decided to focus more on plot than making it funny. Where I think when your doing spy spoof for me the plot doesn't have to be anything special, it can be outlandish and stupid but movie must be funny. Johnny English strikes again I think really went back to basics just tried to make simple comedy though I do feel tried to maintain the balance, the plot is simple and straight forward... no complaints. The ending I did feel was a little rushed and I feel they didn't probably think it through enough how to end this movie. Other than that it's great family flick and deserves 6.5/10. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 12/10/2018 at 13:24, spacemunky said:

I thought it was well done. 

Finally got round to watching it. It was very well done. It’s amazing how easy it is for someone with such radical views to cause such destruction. Watched a documentary about him before and he’s a lunatic, although it’s good he didn’t get an insanity verdict 

• Like 1

Watched Bad Samaritan last night ...   familiar format..  man sees something but know one believes him, but with a few twists ...   if you try not to pick fault but just enjoy it it was a good suspenseful (horror) thriller, and kept me entertained till the end.  Wasn’t sure about David Tennant being the bad guy but he was very good.    Solid 8/10 for me but I suppose most would give about 7/10.

Venom was awesome, being panned by critics but a lot of fans enjoyed it from what I've heard. I enjoyed it was a lot of fun, yep a bit squeaky script but I left the theatre feeling I got my money's worth and once again another fine performance from Tom Hardy. I'm surprised it had 15 rating though, considering it was 15 i was expecting it to be little more violent or graphic shall we say... but to be honest this was quite tame in that respect could have got away with a 12a. Maybe it was scenes in the laboratory that a may have distressed a younger audience.  

A film on Sky right now called  War Pigs ...   “a rag tag unit of misfits go behind enemy lines during WWII and exterminate Nazis by any means necessary “ ...    (2015) ...     hmmmm, do you think the guy who wrote it watched Ingloriousl Basterds in 2009 ...   :whistle:

10 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Watched Bad Samaritan last night ...   familiar format..  man sees something but know one believes him, but with a few twists ...   if you try not to pick fault but just enjoy it it was a good suspenseful (horror) thriller, and kept me entertained till the end.  Wasn’t sure about David Tennant being the bad guy but he was very good.    Solid 8/10 for me but I suppose most would give about 7/10.

David Tennant plays an outstanding antagonist in Jessica Jones if you haven't seen it.

Love a good horror movie. The one that sticks out to me the most and they made a remake of it a few years ago that was nothing like the original. It was a Swedish movie about a vampire girl called 'Let the right one in' (or something like that.) 

Not that i am that hipster enough to watch Swedish movies, but this one was really good, in a disturbing sort of way. 

• Like 1

Went to watch a Star is Born yesterday but was completely sold out crazy for a Sunday afternoon, I guess this is what happens on international break weekends?! Well anyway ended up watching Johnny English as it started at about the same time and safe to say I wish we had just gone home and maybe stared at a wall or something as the film was absolute garbage.

Have probably been to the cinema 30-40 times this year that and night school are fighting it out for worst film of the year so far....

On 14/10/2018 at 10:28, Countryfox said:

Im looking at Netflix and Apple TV (I’m pretty appled up) ...   which is the best ???     Advice please peeps ...   

I've got an old apple tv, glad you can get netflix, amazon prime and now tv all through it. There was a time not so long ago that you couldn't!

Other than my Mrs watching Hollyoaks the Virgin media tv box doesn't get turned on in my house any more.

Black Panther -  How is this so highly rated lol

Crap CGI, predictable, boring, did I mention the crap CGI. Stumbling from one action sequence to another. If you're a black person or person of colour whatever the hell is the PC term this week, then I get it. To actually have some representation is great, grasp it with both bloody hands!, and it has some other redeeming features. Nice visuals, soundtrack and some decent light hearted moments.

I just can't stand these OTT superhero films.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Black Panther -  How is this so highly rated lol

Crap CGI, predictable, boring, did I mention the crap CGI. Stumbling from one action sequence to another. If you're a black person or person of colour whatever the hell is the PC term this week, then I get it. To actually have some representation is great, grasp it with both bloody hands!, and it has some other redeeming features. Nice visuals, soundtrack and some decent light hearted moments.

I just can't stand these OTT superhero films.

I don’t think you were part of the target audience particularly Babylon lol 

• Haha 1