Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 29/04/2018 at 19:31, Royston. said:

Brawl in cell block 99.

Thought vince vaughn would be shît as a hard man but he plays it well.

Just watched this. Jesus. I was at the point of turning it off when it suddenly went from 0-100mph. Absolutely brutal and actually quite disturbing but after a slow start I really enjoyed it. Defo worth a watch! 

• Like 1

Finally watched Deadpool 2 today, enjoyed it and they really nailed Cable and Domino, certainly interested for The New Mutants movie, for those that never knew, never wanted to know, Deadpool, Domino and Cable all made their first appearance towards the end of the first volume of New Mutants :)

EA talking a bit about both.

• Like 1

Finally saw Avengers Infinity War.  

Probably the best of the Marvel films but I did find it quite predictable.  I went in having not seen any trailers or other stuff before as well.  

The fact that time can be controlled gives the writers an easy out in the next instalment.  I doubt anyone is truly "dead" either.

27 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Finally saw Avengers Infinity War.  

Probably the best of the Marvel films but I did find it quite predictable.  I went in having not seen any trailers or other stuff before as well.  

The fact that time can be controlled gives the writers an easy out in the next instalment.  I doubt anyone is truly "dead" either.

Obviously they're not all permanently dead. 

The Marvel movie level increases, the DC movie level drops.
DC had great productions like Watchmen, Nollans Batmans.

Currently, Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War are really good films.

Yesterday I saw a new Tomb Raider - I like it more than any Tomb Raider with Angeline Jolie. First of all, it's easier to believe in the existence of a character, it is a talented and fit girl, but she's not the strongest in the world and there is no skill of acrobatics on the level of Mortal Kombat. Pretty actress, she arouses sympathy and does not look like a doll who cries because she broke her nails. This is not a very good movie, but better than the previous ones

Edited by WeDonWantProhibition

2 hours ago, WeDonWantProhibition said:

The Marvel movie level increases, the DC movie level drops.
DC had great productions like Watchmen, Nollans Batmans.

Currently, Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War are really good films.

Yesterday I saw a new Tomb Raider - I like it more than any Tomb Raider with Angeline Jolie. First of all, it's easier to believe in the existence of a character, it is a talented and fit girl, but she's not the strongest in the world and there is no skill of acrobatics on the level of Mortal Kombat. Pretty actress, she arouses sympathy and does not look like a doll who cries because she broke her nails. This is not a very good movie, but better than the previous ones

DC at one point basically owned the cinema in regards comic book movies, bar the odd release from DarkHorse like The Mask and Marvel movies were really, really bad but then Blade came out towards the end of the 90s.

Then you had the Xmen franchise start and a number of stand alone Marvel releases whilst DC were happy to farm the Batman franchise, then IronMan came along and DC have been scrambling to catch up and making a fair few mistakes in their haste.

Myself, I've just ordered a guilty pleasure, even though GR features in Agents of Shield, he belongs on the big screen.

Will be watching this sometime over the weekend.

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

DC at one point basically owned the cinema in regards comic book movies, bar the odd release from DarkHorse like The Mask and Marvel movies were really, really bad but then Blade came out towards the end of the 90s.

Then you had the Xmen franchise start and a number of stand alone Marvel releases whilst DC were happy to farm the Batman franchise, then IronMan came along and DC have been scrambling to catch up and making a fair few mistakes in their haste.

Myself, I've just ordered a guilty pleasure, even though GR features in Agents of Shield, he belongs on the big screen.

Will be watching this sometime over the weekend.

I love superhero movies shows. They are my absolute fave sort of genre! 

I've watched the show Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D and i actually really enjoy it, this past season has been really good. Can you explain who GR is though and what movie you will be watching ? :D I think its something (if i havent seen and just not got the reference, i'd really enjoy) 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I love superhero movies shows. They are my absolute fave sort of genre! 

I've watched the show Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D and i actually really enjoy it, this past season has been really good. Can you explain who GR is though and what movie you will be watching ? :D I think its something (if i havent seen and just not got the reference, i'd really enjoy) 

Ghost Rider obviously :)

Fair enough, it's not the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield but it is him that resurrects the Agents of Shield rider.

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Ghost Rider obviously :)

Fair enough, it's not the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield but it is him that resurrects the Agents of Shield rider.

Ahhh yeah i totally agree with you, would be a great movie. Ghost rider wasnt my fave of the movies if im honest BUT i did like the episodes in the show when he appeared. 

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Ahhh yeah i totally agree with you, would be a great movie. Ghost rider wasnt my fave of the movies if im honest BUT i did like the episodes in the show when he appeared. 

If he was redone in the MCU on the big screen, with their record of getting things right, would be awesome.

The first movie with Nic Cage was not bad, it just never hit the heights it should have, I never collected the GR comics but I did get a few cross over stories where he fought the Xmen and stuff like that.

To be honest, if they are doing the more mystical side with Dr Strange then I'd be surprised if we did not see a big screen adaptation again, though it might just be wishful thinking :)

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

If he was redone in the MCU on the big screen, with their record of getting things right, would be awesome.

The first movie with Nic Cage was not bad, it just never hit the heights it should have, I never collected the GR comics but I did get a few cross over stories where he fought the Xmen and stuff like that.

To be honest, if they are doing the more mystical side with Dr Strange then I'd be surprised if we did not see a big screen adaptation again, though it might just be wishful thinking :)

That would be something ... really enjoyed Dr Strange, thought Benedict Cumberlumberbatch (no clue how to spell his last name) was great in the part. 

Went to see Star Trek Beyond at the Royal Albert Hall with a live orchestra yesterday. Wouldn't call myself a Trekkie but I ****ing love Simon Pegg and my friend made sure to choose only performance he was introducing. Wasn't blown away when it came out a couple of years ago but really enjoyed it yesterday. My 3rd time at the RAH seeing a live score performance (Interstellar and Back To The Future) - won't be my last!

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Jurrasic World: Fallen Kingdom

Kinda daft, and not sure what genre it wants to be. Enjoyable enough. Hmm.

It's basically The Lost World but is just that "slightly" better if that makes sense, felt the pacing of the movie let it down. It's not the worst film in the franchise but they must be careful really where they tread one bad film could literary could end this franchise once again.  

Edited by Leicesterpool

La Grande Bellezza (The Great Beauty)

A lovely, poetic Italian movie about Roma, its upper class, aging, regret, life and death. My mate who's from Lazio gave the DVD to me as some kind of preparation for our travels to the Italian capital - I also read a book about the city and there's many similarities in the descriptions of the Romani.