Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

14 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Decided to give it a go as I like Liam Neeson movies. It was decent with plenty of action. Although I think I preferred the John Wicks films over it. 

john wick for me is the best set of action films of all time (in my opinion), had me on the edge of my seat for the whole movie, loved the scene when the tower block was on fire in run all night

Edited by Choppalcfc
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

I think after Halloween and Halloween II they planned on releasing a different themed Halloween film every year or every few years. They tried it with Halloween III: Season of the Witch (even the title had nothing to do with the storyline of that film) and it bombed pretty hard and left audiences confused, they expected a Michael Myers film. They ended up bringing him back for Halloween IV and the franchise just became about him. 

I like III.  Good film.  Silver Shamrock!

Guest seanfox778
11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I like III.  Good film.  Silver Shamrock!

I do as well, if you separate it from the rest of the franchise it’s a good little stand-alone horror.

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Rewatching Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation before the new one comes out.

Still can't hear Nessun Dorma without tearing up. 

It wasn't a dream.

Further to this, watched MI: Fallout yesterday.

Very, very good.

1 minute ago, Durnerz said:

I watched it last night too. Superb film and incredible action sequences, for a 147min film it flew by!

It didn't stop, did it?

If I could levy any kind of mild criticism it's that there wasn't quite enough "breather" sequences in between the action.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

It didn't stop, did it?

If I could levy any kind of mild criticism it's that there wasn't quite enough "breather" sequences in between the action.

The last Mission Impossible film I went to see was MI:2 and although it had the stunts and the twists it just seemed to go on forever, this one just seemed to roll nicely but I do know what you mean. 

Guest seanfox778

I haven't seen the latest one yet but I found the Mission: Impossible films definetly got more entertaining as they get released, like they're desperate to top the last one. I'm looking forward to seeing it sometime in the week.

9 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

The last Mission Impossible film I went to see was MI:2 and although it had the stunts and the twists it just seemed to go on forever, this one just seemed to roll nicely but I do know what you mean. 

Yeah, tbh MI2 and 3 were mediocre IMO, then they seemed to get in a team that gets the pacing right and so Ghost Protocol was very good, Rogue Nation was better still and this one might well be the best.

On 20/07/2018 at 18:29, seanfox778 said:

The Snowman - 6/10

i thought this was quite good after a slow start. Grizzly detective murder mystery, set with a beautiful Norwegian backdrop. An alcoholic cop (funny how the alcoholics make the best detectives in movies) is being sent clues which lead to bloody murders and he has to find the bugger doing it before it gets worse. I had a look on IMDb and it is widely panned on there, it was a bit disjointed and I’ve never been a fan of CGI but it’s rare to see a film without it these days. 

42ABA9C1-0544-42BE-B4E2-1F89D5267274.jpeg

Saw this today, not great.

Guest seanfox778

Mission: Impossible - Fallout. 9/10

Thrilling to say the least. The best one yet, in my opinion. 

Edited by seanfox778

Guest seanfox778

Downsizing - 5/10

In the not too distant future people can choose to irreversibly shrink themselves and live a life of luxury. Matt Damon and his wife decide that they’re going to do it. The first hour and 15 minutes is very enjoyable but then the films mood completely changes and it becomes rather tedious and a bit of a let down. Could’ve done so much more with an interesting concept.

0842E926-3EC5-46D5-BAC7-20B9D6DC43FF.jpeg

In Spain at the moment and too hot to go out in the afternoon so had a few dvd sessions. Thelma and Louise is in my top 3 films ever, proper film. I'm old so don't mind admitting that

Also watched Whiplash.  Fantastic film about Jazz drumming..I like Jazz anyway but such a cool insight in to the scene..'If you can't cut it you'll end up in a rock band ' ?

Edited by The soup nazi

Extinction (2018) on Netflix.

I'd give this 6/10.  Better than I expected for what is pretty much run of the mill Sci-fi.

The twist roughly two thirds through is excellent though.  Never saw it coming.

Some of the CGI is poor though particularly at the end.  Think 60s Thunderbirds and that's not an exaggeration.

Worth a watch though.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Watched 'Ready Player One' and 'Pacific Rim Uprising' last weekend.

RP1 I really enjoyed. The hidden gems in the film relating to old games/films brought back some nostalgia.

PRU was good. I loved the first film, what's not to like about big ass robots fighting monsters. The 2nd film was good but the first was better. I imagine most people wouldn't like it though. It's just one of them films that you don't pay much attention to plot and story, just go with the visual effects. I grew up loving Power Rangers so I guess that's where my love for big robots comes from lol 

Watched Incredibles 2 also. Amazing. Jack Jack fighting a racoon was hilarious lol