Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Watched Roger Moore as James Bond in 'The Spy Who Love Me' on Sunday. For me Barbara Bach is the third fittest Bond girl in that one, after Daniela Bianchi in 'From Russia With Love' and the lovely Jane Seymour in 'Live and Let Die'. Happy to hear other suggestions.

I'm a big Denise Richards fan, so nothing tops her. Barbara Bach was very nice though, as well as Britt Eklund. 

I did like Caroline Munro though, and Lana Wood definitely had something about her... 

8216dbe99eafa5d5932918370ae7fa17.jpg

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Watched Roger Moore as James Bond in 'The Spy Who Love Me' on Sunday. For me Barbara Bach is the third fittest Bond girl in that one, after Daniela Bianchi in 'From Russia With Love' and the lovely Jane Seymour in 'Live and Let Die'. Happy to hear other suggestions.

Jane Seymour best looking I'd say but in terms of character and movie probably my least favourite bond girl. Honour blackman got to be the best bond girl I think surely, if there was ever going to be female version of Bond it would have been her.

41 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just finishing watching the new "The Suicide Squad", I actually really enjoyed it, much better than the first one they did

King Shark is brilliant

7.5/10

Also enjoyed it.

It might be the best DC movie yet.

• Like 2

On 06/08/2021 at 14:29, The Bear said:

It's nowhere near as good as the first Wonder Woman. 

I preferred Green Lantern to The Suicide Squad. 

Wonder Woman was great, until the final battle - which was a cgi travesty at best.

Green Lantern is trash.

You have to be joking, or haven’t watched it in a long time.

Edited by marbles
  • Like 1

Paid my £4 and change and watched  'Born a champion' on Sky ...   was intrigued cus it relates to Brazilian judo and the UFC which I watched a lot of, including the unlicensed matches in the middle east (which is a big part of the film).  My hero was Royce Gracie at the time who was able to beat anyone (Rickson Gracie was THE best though) and his cousin has a cameo role in the film.  The lead played by Sean Patrick Flannery also practises BJJ and that shows in the fight scenes. Anyway it was a cracking film and I'm sure most on here would love it.  As I said the fight scenes are brilliant and when he shows the gobby karate instructor what he can do ...   well I replayed that bit back about 4 times !!   (I trained at a place in town and was doing quite well till I decided to spend my Saturdays watching a certain football club ...   :)).

Went to watch Free Guy the other day. I really enjoyed it. Let a bit like ready player one meets the Truman show. Some great little 'easter eggs' in there to. Definitely worth a watch.

Watched The Suicide Squad to and I thought it was great. 100% better than the first one and agree it's probably the best DC film to date. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Went to watch Free Guy the other day. I really enjoyed it. Let a bit like ready player one meets the Truman show. Some great little 'easter eggs' in there to. Definitely worth a watch.

Watched The Suicide Squad to and I thought it was great. 100% better than the first one and agree it's probably the best DC film to date. 

I thought Free Guy was brilliant. Started nice and steady but got better and better. Funny, creative, and it had a heart at the centre of it. Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer were both excellent. 8/10.

Also went to see The Courier with Benedict Cumberbatch. Cuban Missile spy film set in the 60s. Based on a true story, and it was decent enough if nothing special. Cumberbatch is always watchable. 6/10.

Finally, I caught the late showing of Snake Eyes, the GI Joe film. Wasn't expecting much and it delivered on that promise. A few decent fight scenes but they were mostly shaky-cam which is annoying. The plot was pretty basic, the really obvious tropes, and some really daft decisions from people at times. 4/10. 

Edited by The Bear

1 hour ago, FOXYTALK said:

Watched Justice League on Netflix 6/10. Poor attempt at joint superhero  film. Poor affects not a patch on Marvel Avenger series. 

Watch the Zack Snyder version - yes its 4 hours long, but it's a 100% better than what was released at the theaters 

• Like 2