Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 18/11/2021 at 23:00, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The Witches remake on Nowtv. An absolute abomination. I enjoy the original but I'm not one of them purists who hates a remake for the sake of it, the film is just abysmal. The cgi is terrible, Anne hathaways accent and over acting is offensive. Turned it off halfway through, awful, pointless remake. Didn't finish it so won't give it a rating, not worth it. 

It's a damn shame, because in this day and age they had the chance to craft something more in line with the book than the 1990 movie (in particular the bittersweet ending) and they seem to have spectacularly messed it up..

Went to see Ghostbusters Afterlife last night. 

The first half was pretty dull tbh as they spent too long introducing the new characters. But in the final hour it gathered pace and started being an actual Ghostbusters film. There were some great nods to the first film, and it was just great to see the Proton Packs, Ecto 1 and some bustin' again. 

Redeemed itself but only just. On the whole a fairly average 5/10 though as the first half is too slow. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Bear said:

Went to see Ghostbusters Afterlife last night. 

The first half was pretty dull tbh as they spent too long introducing the new characters. But in the final hour it gathered pace and started being an actual Ghostbusters film. There were some great nods to the first film, and it was just great to see the Proton Packs, Ecto 1 and some bustin' again. 

Redeemed itself but only just. On the whole a fairly average 5/10 though as the first half is too slow. 

8/10 for me. I loved it. Nostalgia trip yes, but it had heart and the first hour of setting up the new characters was good IMO. I can't even remember the last time I saw the originals but this just felt like the perfect continuation.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Been on my list since I think lockdown 2 but finally got around to watching Train to Busan

A really good film and probably one of the best zombie films I have watched

Great film isn't it, think that's in part to it being a good film overall not just 'good for a zombie film'. Word of warning though if you haven't seen it I found the sequel pretty average (probably falls in to the good for a zombie film category but nothing more)

Edited by Tommy Fresh

I watched the documentary about Sixto Rodriguez again recently. It's called Searching for Sugerman and was recommended to me on here a few years back. He was singer songwriter back the early 70's but hardly sold a record but unknowingly was huge in South Africa. An absolute gem and life affirming. Whoever did recommend it, thank you.

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Soup said:

I watched the documentary about Sixto Rodriguez again recently. It's called Searching for Sugerman and was recommended to me on here a few years back. He was singer songwriter back the early 70's but hardly sold a record but unknowingly was huge in South Africa. An absolute gem and life affirming. Whoever did recommend it, thank you.

Might have been me… An unbelievable story that needs a much bigger audience!