Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Just been to see Dune….. Part 1! 

Not a massive sci-fi fan but I had seen the trailer which hadn’t totally put me off. A day off work where my original plans had fallen through so decided to give it a go. 

Never read the book and as soon as it stated Part 1 in the opening titles I felt a little hoodwinked.

It’s a brilliantly made film. Not a lot happened for the first hour and there was a bit too much brooding teen angst for me. 

Will probably go back for the second part mainly just because I’ve seen the first. 

Not really sure how I felt about No Time to Die. Was a decent film I suppose, but just a bit weird as a Bond film. Lovely choice of cars though. 

That House of Gucci looks like it will be decent. 

Edited by Manini

Halloween Kills.

****ing hell.

Absolutely amazing. Loved every second.

Some people will complain about retcons, about the fact it's technically the 12th film, about stupid characters making stupid decisions, about whatever the hell they want.

But for me they ****ing NAILED it.

It just felt like a Halloween film.

It made me feel what I felt when I watched the originals as a kid. Like I wanted to make the kind of films that make people feel that way too, like I always have.

It was absolutely ****ing exhilarating.

I ****ing loved it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Dune is really good, especially if you are someone, like me, who has always been really obsessed with Dune. Not sure how it will play of you don’t fall into that category, although my son also enjoyed it.

I thought it was too full of itself. 

Come and See.

A Belarusian film made around 1986, about the German invasion/ occupation during the second world war.

Watched it for the first time last night. Incredible - particularly the performance from the lead role, through whose eyes we see the true horrors of war.

Some disturbing and upsetting scenes so not one for the faint-hearted. But if you can stomach that, it delivers a very powerful and important message about man's inhumanity to man.

A classic.

Not something I expected to see today, Leicestershire's very own Tom Hopper - born in Coalville, went to Newbridge and Ashby School - currently joint favourite for the role of James Bond

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/new-james-bond-no-time-to-die-b1955702.html

Edited by moore_94

On 08/11/2021 at 09:52, Cardiff_Fox said:

Less a film but a documentary. Skid Row Marathon. Made me quite emotional. On Amazon Prime. 

What a beautifully uplifting documentary that was. The judge is a saint.

So pleased you posted this recommendation. Thanks.

• Like 2

Red Notice on Netflix - Gal Gadot, Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne The Rock Johnson. 

Action adventure caper that borrows (see below) a lot from the genre while paying tribute to some of the classics at the same time. 

Temple of Doom: sacred eggs, collapsed rope bridge, mine tunnel chase

Raiders of the Lost Ark: treasure trove shot

Regardless of obvious cliches I really, really enjoyed it. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Red Notice on Netflix - Gal Gadot, Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne The Rock Johnson. 

Action adventure caper that borrows (see below) a lot from the genre while paying tribute to some of the classics at the same time. 

Hide contents

Temple of Doom: sacred eggs, collapsed rope bridge, mine tunnel chase

Raiders of the Lost Ark: treasure trove shot

Regardless of obvious cliches I really, really enjoyed it. 

Just watched it, good fun. 

• Like 2

The Witches remake on Nowtv. An absolute abomination. I enjoy the original but I'm not one of them purists who hates a remake for the sake of it, the film is just abysmal. The cgi is terrible, Anne hathaways accent and over acting is offensive. Turned it off halfway through, awful, pointless remake. Didn't finish it so won't give it a rating, not worth it. 

I was watching Demolition man on TV last night. Saw it a million times and love it but was utterly shocked when we got to the bit where he gets invited to Taco Bell and they explain how all the restraints were destroyed and it was the only one to survive so all restraints are Taco Bell, only to discover that the words "Taco bell" had been dubbed over with "Pizza hut". Voices an all.