Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

So this season we've lost by 50 runs after enforcing the follow on, very nearly lost after having a team 8 down still needing over another 100 runs with 2 tailenders at the crease and now today's debacle, conceding what I've just read is the highest ever successful run chase in English one day cricket history. And yet i feel that there are the green shoots of recovery. We have at least been more competitive. Have faith in Nixon to make us better. 

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not only that but we lost with 16 balls to spare against a team who are hardly filled with star names. The relative performance of the teams' respective overseas players was crucial:

Ferguson 192 off 143 balls for Worcs.

Aaron 84-1 off his 10 overs for us. :revenge:

In fairness Joe Clarke is a star for the future and should be due an England call up, Moeen Ali doesn't need an explanation. I don't know a fat lot about Ferguson, i've heard of him but was a bit underwhelmed at his signing (not now lol ), Mitchell has been a solid and reliable batsman for a good 10+ years now and is in good form. D'Oliveira is a tidy all rounder and Ross Whiteley can go absolutely nuts with a bat in his hand, scored 6 sixes in an over last season. We've been decent at one day stuff for a while now, batting certainly. Opposite in the 4 day stuff where we can't bat but have a very decent bowling line up. Virtually our entire squad is local but always goes under the radar because we're not from London/Yorks/Lancs.

Give Tom Taylor ago, may be Javid, his bowling could be useful. Parkinson tries but gone for the best part of 300 for 1 wicket in the competition.  Not good. Give Arun a rest. That' being polite. 

Pathetic. In all honesty a waste of money. I was quite embarrassed talking to some of the Lancashire fans, they were generous by saying most of our players were Lancashire league standard. Played a decent standard when younger and 6 or 7 are no better than that, Good club players.

Cosgrove, Raine and Griffiths apart which other counties would any of our players get into. None. In my opinion may as well play Adil Ali and most of the development side can't so any worse. Dexter, Ackerman, Horton, Klein not doing it as Kolpaks.

37 minutes ago, Cake said:

Pathetic. In all honesty a waste of money. I was quite embarrassed talking to some of the Lancashire fans, they were generous by saying most of our players were Lancashire league standard. Played a decent standard when younger and 6 or 7 are no better than that, Good club players.

Cosgrove, Raine and Griffiths apart which other counties would any of our players get into. None. In my opinion may as well play Adil Ali and most of the development side can't so any worse. Dexter, Ackerman, Horton, Klein not doing it as Kolpaks.

Horton and Dexter aren't kolpaks there English qualified.As for Adil Ali he can't buy a run in the 2nd team just not good enough sadly same goes for Wells and Hill.Shiv the perv Thakor been at the ground a few times this season hope to god we don't sign him but really wouldn't surprise me.

Hope not as you say. Probably just annoyed today but it is poor. Very poor. I really don' think anyone would sign any player except, Raine, Cosgrove and Griffiths. Not much coming through either. Bad as I can remember in that respect.

15 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Things were looking promising only a matter of 2 weeks ago, beat Glamorgan beat Northants and then disaster after disaster, can’t see us beating Warwickshire but we can beat Durham in the dead rubber game.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but the quality of our cricket has been very poor.