Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

The bowling attack is the worst I’ve known, we just don’t look like taking wickets, confidence is at an all time low, such depressing times for the county.

I really don’t know how we can turn it around, Wasim Khan promised so much and even said he not would tolerate another season like the last one.

Well this is going to be no better, and I really cannot see how we can turn it around, it’s looking so grim for the county

As a youth I was a season ticket holder, going to as many games as I could, in the years of us winning t20 etc. Ended my membership when I turned 18 due to the ridiculous costs. Can't say I miss it tbh, and I'm a massive cricket fan. Rather pay for the odd game if I fancy a piss-up with mates. The county has been on a downward spiral for a long time, and I don't see it ending any time soon unless we join the minor counties, but even there we'll get battered every week.

26 minutes ago, dayday said:

The bowling attack is the worst I’ve known, we just don’t look like taking wickets, confidence is at an all time low, such depressing times for the county.

I really don’t know how we can turn it around, Wasim Khan promised so much and even said he not would tolerate another season like the last one.

Well this is going to be no better, and I really cannot see how we can turn it around, it’s looking so grim for the county

Think we will be fine in the 4 day game don't forget we have Abbas to come back into the side who was the best bowler in the test series alongside Ben Raine and Gavin Griffiths think we can take 20 wickets on a regular basis 

Really need Abbas as your overseas player has to perform and Arun has not done much at all, in red ball we can dig in and score runs but you need to take 20 wickets and that has been a struggle. We seem to struggle to press on when we have the upper hand, Thought the Ben Raine experiment looked promising then he got rested Nico has one hell of a task ahead of him

Trying not to be negative but it' hard isn' it. Pitch was flat agreed, therefore 200 was at least 130 shy. The bowling, well the bowling, Ackermans first over was beyond belief, Chapple couldn't find his run up then bowled half volleys or long hops(I know he has been injured but even so). Parkinson now at 1 for 400 in the competition. 

Positive is Griffiths seems to be very reliable. Prices are low but need to be let us be honest. 

Anyone know why Carberry was sacked? We have got far worse without him!

Edited by Cake

13 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Not sure I would call the price of membership ridiculous 140 quid for the season not bad value at all

I don't know if you were referring to me, but what I meant was I was still in full time education at 18 (a-levels) with no job (my fault I know), but had to pay full adult price which I just could not afford. No student discount lost me as a member (and several friends). And now I can actually afford it, I would not waste my money. And I play local cricket and watch it as much as I can. I have been a genuine cricket fan my entire life, including paying for 1-to-1 coaching with both John Maunders & Sadler (absolute heroes, so underrated) and with Nixon, an incredible coach. The club do not encourage members at all, both with how they play and actual incentives for the paying public.

36 minutes ago, Cake said:

Trying not to be negative but it' hard isn' it. Pitch was flat agreed, therefore 200 was at least 130 shy. The bowling, well the bowling, Ackermans first over was beyond belief, Chapple couldn't find his run up then bowled half volleys or long hops(I know he has been injured but even so). Parkinson now at 1 for 400 in the competition. 

Positive is Griffiths seems to be very reliable. Prices are low but need to be let us be honest. 

Anyone know why Carberry was sacked? We have got far worse without him!

From what I heard he was appointed captain before Nixon came, but after reviewing performances at the start of the season he was deemed not the right man to lead the county.

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I was going to say there is finally a team we can beat but......awful display by the Durham top order saved by the tail, might be a difficult chase under the lights, we need Delport to ? 

I hope you put money on that! 

• Like 1