Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

2 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Anybody on here have a season ticket for the County?Went to the T20 v Birm...No i can't say it Warwickshire!My lad has been doing the All Stars through the summer,and we got a free ticket for that game,we really enjoyed it.Thinking about getting a ST next season.I know through work and stuff we wont make many 4 day games but be good to go to the odd game when time allows.I was a member when willey,Gower,Tolchard were around.Just wondering when the tickets for next season go on sale.

I've been a member for several years now and love it. Just gives that flexibility of popping down whenever you get time. Instead of sitting in the pub for a couple of hours, you can have a drink at the ground while watching a bit of cricket.

It usually includes the tour matches too when the international sides visit. But if it is likely to just be the T20 you'll be going to, then they do a T20 only season ticket as well.

The club are currently registering interests for next season so I imagine they'll be on sale later this year.

The junior fox ones are next to nothing so I would defo get your lad one anyway.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2019 at 13:28, Voll Blau said:

Last I saw of Munsey he was absolutely dominating in that Canadian T20 farce on Freesports. Hope we're still in touch with him...

Or I'd be tempted to have a look at bringing Kevin O'Brian back. Wouldnt be too expensive I'd imagine and we could do alot worse.

On 17/10/2019 at 00:52, TK95 said:

I've been a member for several years now and love it. Just gives that flexibility of popping down whenever you get time. Instead of sitting in the pub for a couple of hours, you can have a drink at the ground while watching a bit of cricket.

It usually includes the tour matches too when the international sides visit. But if it is likely to just be the T20 you'll be going to, then they do a T20 only season ticket as well.

The club are currently registering interests for next season so I imagine they'll be on sale later this year.

The junior fox ones are next to nothing so I would defo get your lad one anyway.

Cheer's for that,just registered.Hadn't been to Grace Road for years before last season.Seems like a good day out. the kids loved the playground,so if the get a bit bored they can go on there,and as you say the Junior fox ticket is very cheap!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, everton carr said:

No it's still a list A comp and overseas players allowed its just that some Counties like Sussex Somerset etc will have a good few players missing

I too thought it had been downgraded, I can’t quite remember what term was used but I think there’s an age limit on the players who can play.

12 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I too thought it had been downgraded, I can’t quite remember what term was used but I think there’s an age limit on the players who can play.

It was supposed to be called a development comp without OS players but the Counties complained and The ECB agreed that it will still be a List A comp with OS players allowed

55 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Yep the Counties complained membership would be even harder to sell if it was marketed as just a 2nd team comp

Quite right too, why having just won the World Cup they’d decide to downgrade the 50over comp is beyond me, not much common sense at the ECB recently.

On 23/10/2019 at 08:40, everton carr said:

Not sure if he's still on Sussex books but If not Jonty Jenner looks a very classy player

I see he's playing for Jersey in the world T20 warm ups games, he's got a couple of good scores and seems to be more than capable against the associate nations. Only 22 and plays at 4 or 5 and with a good strike rate, surely worth a look and maybe worth a punt coz we need some batsmen.

On 26 October 2019 at 13:19, Silebyfox_89 said:

I see he's playing for Jersey in the world T20 warm ups games, he's got a couple of good scores and seems to be more than capable against the associate nations. Only 22 and plays at 4 or 5 and with a good strike rate, surely worth a look and maybe worth a punt coz we need some batsmen.

On 26 October 2019 at 13:19, Silebyfox_89 said:

I see he's playing for Jersey in the world T20 warm ups games, he's got a couple of good scores and seems to be more than capable against the associate nations. Only 22 and plays at 4 or 5 and with a good strike rate, surely worth a look and maybe worth a punt coz we need some batsmen

4 minutes ago, everton carr said:

The Dutch bowlers Glover and Van Meekeren looked very useful today must be worth looking out hope Ackers puts a word in

Both are definitely worth a proper look. They aren't alone either.

Some of the T20 warm up/ qualifiers / whatever, have made for interesting watching. A real range from the 'quite promising' to 'surprisingly good' right down to 'how is he an international?'