Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

So we've given Dearden 2 more years! Wow.

Sam Evans a year. Hopefully actually play him next year. 

Klein another year. Can bowl a load of toss but his statistics are quite good. 

Swindells is good news I think. 

Ali, Javid and Dexter gone. Probably won't notice. 

14 minutes ago, Cake said:

So we've given Dearden 2 more years! Wow.

Sam Evans a year. Hopefully actually play him next year. 

Klein another year. Can bowl a load of toss but his statistics are quite good. 

Swindells is good news I think. 

Ali, Javid and Dexter gone. Probably won't notice. 

Javid was on big money right?

Nice words from Evans about supporting the club.

Edited by SemperEadem

Ali has hardly been given a run in the past 4 seasons. Broke through in 2015 and played the last 7 games averaging just under 40. We'd kill for that now. Followed by a grand total of 7 CC games from 2016-2019, never playing more than 2 in a row. Yet Dearden gets licence to be dogshit on a weekly basis.

A positive to take forward is the young seam attack. If we could get Evans, Wright, Mike Taylor out together. Griffiths, Davis decent Seamers also. 

Batting looks weak. Horton is a poor captain. Past his best. Cosgrove still worth his place but not the player he was. Ackerman seems distracted should score a 1000 runs a year in that division. 

Sam Evans never seen play at that level. Dearden averages 20. Rhodes much the same (tbf has looked ok so far). 

Positives in the batting just Azad. 

Hill and Swindells both ok keepers batting at 7. 

Spinners Parkinson, great effort but look at that record! Incredible that you can play cricket at that level with a record like that bowling average of 47 in red ball. 

Lilley surely should play more? 

That's your squad 18. Perhaps 7 or 8 any where near good enough. Most of those seam bowlers. 

Worry is 18 is about the average size of a squad. In which we have 3 batsmen averaging early 20s and a front line spinner averaging 47 with the ball. 

If fit I'd select. 

Horton (only as we have no choice) 

Azad

S.Evans

Ackerman

Cosgrove

Rhodes

Hill

Taylor 

Mike

Wright

Evans

That is our best side. Best. Really? Look at the rest of the squad and it is the best we have. 

15 minutes ago, Cake said:

A positive to take forward is the young seam attack. If we could get Evans, Wright, Mike Taylor out together. Griffiths, Davis decent Seamers also. 

Batting looks weak. Horton is a poor captain. Past his best. Cosgrove still worth his place but not the player he was. Ackerman seems distracted should score a 1000 runs a year in that division. 

Sam Evans never seen play at that level. Dearden averages 20. Rhodes much the same (tbf has looked ok so far). 

Positives in the batting just Azad. 

Hill and Swindells both ok keepers batting at 7. 

Spinners Parkinson, great effort but look at that record! Incredible that you can play cricket at that level with a record like that bowling average of 47 in red ball. 

Lilley surely should play more? 

That's your squad 18. Perhaps 7 or 8 any where near good enough. Most of those seam bowlers. 

Worry is 18 is about the average size of a squad. In which we have 3 batsmen averaging early 20s and a front line spinner averaging 47 with the ball. 

If fit I'd select. 

Horton (only as we have no choice) 

Azad

S.Evans

Ackerman

Cosgrove

Rhodes

Hill

Taylor 

Mike

Wright

Evans

That is our best side. Best. Really? Look at the rest of the squad and it is the best we have. 

I assume Sam has graduated and will be full-time for us next season, but Alex Evans will be playing for Loughborough early season, so one less to choose from. :( The lack of middle to lower order runs was a downfall this season, Taylor's promise with both the bat and ball was missed.

• Like 1

Azad has picked up four awards at the end of season shindig, fully deserved shame no-one was even close to competing against him.

Nixon has advised they will continue to find 'gold dust' players under the current financial restrictions at the club, this is only possible if we have a good enough scouting/talent information coming into the club to help sign players on friendly terms.

Signing Dearden to a 2 year deal at an Avg of 21 after playing at the club for 4 years isn't a good way at finding gold dust! :teehee:i understand these are probably on favourable terms but surely there are better options elsewhere or within the second xi's.

i'm all for the club promoting youth as it is the only leverage we have for signing players at present but you have to feel for players like Bouchard, Kitt or Evans not getting any playing time in the First XI when so many of the existing first team aren't good enough or out of form.

After letting go Javid, Dexter n Ali you would hope they is more money at least to target some batsmen this off season, Rhodes played better than Dearden over the last few games but were desperately need an opening bat to replace the inconsistent Horton and maybe a no.3 to see off the new ball and push everyone else down the order.

Not many good batsmen are available from what i've researched, hopefully the club will look at my request for Rahmat Shah. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Azad has picked up four awards at the end of season shindig, fully deserved shame no-one was even close to competing against him.

Nixon has advised they will continue to find 'gold dust' players under the current financial restrictions at the club, this is only possible if we have a good enough scouting/talent information coming into the club to help sign players on friendly terms.

Signing Dearden to a 2 year deal at an Avg of 21 after playing at the club for 4 years isn't a good way at finding gold dust! :teehee:i understand these are probably on favourable terms but surely there are better options elsewhere or within the second xi's.

i'm all for the club promoting youth as it is the only leverage we have for signing players at present but you have to feel for players like Bouchard, Kitt or Evans not getting any playing time in the First XI when so many of the existing first team aren't good enough or out of form.

After letting go Javid, Dexter n Ali you would hope they is more money at least to target some batsmen this off season, Rhodes played better than Dearden over the last few games but were desperately need an opening bat to replace the inconsistent Horton and maybe a no.3 to see off the new ball and push everyone else down the order.

Not many good batsmen are available from what i've researched, hopefully the club will look at my request for Rahmat Shah. 

Dearden more sawdust than gold dust! 

Shah would be useful. 

Ollie Raynor released by Middlesex steady offspinner who can bat. Could do worse. Frequently do! 

Raynor brings experience but is not part it. Did ok for Kent in division 1

On 30/09/2019 at 22:24, Cake said:

Shah would be useful. 

Ollie Raynor released by Middlesex steady offspinner who can bat. Could do worse. Frequently do! 

Agree with you there! Dearden probably re-signed for the ODI's/T20 as a bit of a slogger, think his place is open for Rhodes to take in the four day game.

Like the Raynor signing we need a quality spinner for the red ball game as Parkinson is too expensive at the moment.

Got the feeling we won't be signing anyone else due to money issues, which is a shame but finishing bottom in all competitions is hardly a glowing endorsement for wanting members to sign up again a horrible catch 22.

We really need 2 x quality batsmen who can either open or bat at 3/4, to take the pressure off any answers on a postcard please???

On 30 September 2019 at 22:24, Cake said:

Shah would be useful. 

Not sure we could afford Raynor but Karl Carver former England under 19 captain just been released by Yorkshire must be worth a look

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, everton carr said:

Just noticed the T20 World Cup qualifers are live on sky sports hopefully Ackers will score a few runs for Holland.Former county 2nd team player Nick Ferraby part of the Jersey side that play Nigeria on Saturday also looking forward to watching George Munsey for Scotland

Last I saw of Munsey he was absolutely dominating in that Canadian T20 farce on Freesports. Hope we're still in touch with him...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Munsey is listed in today's Hundred draft of players, as a Leicestershire player! Mind you Javid is in there as well. Most of the Leicestershire squad have put their names forward (nothing to lose I guess), but I don't think there will be any takers for Dearden.

Don't think any of our players apart from Ackers will raise much interest

3 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Munsey is listed in today's Hundred draft of players, as a Leicestershire player! Mind you Javid is in there as well. Most of the Leicestershire squad have put their names forward (nothing to lose I guess), but I don't think there will be any takers for Dearden.

Surprised Shiv Thakor not on the list was told by a friend of his Dad he was putting his name forward not that I think he would attract any bids

Anybody on here have a season ticket for the County?Went to the T20 v Birm...No i can't say it Warwickshire!My lad has been doing the All Stars through the summer,and we got a free ticket for that game,we really enjoyed it.Thinking about getting a ST next season.I know through work and stuff we wont make many 4 day games but be good to go to the odd game when time allows.I was a member when willey,Gower,Tolchard were around.Just wondering when the tickets for next season go on sale.

• Like 1