Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

1 hour ago, CrawlingFox said:

A real shame we couldn't hold on for 400. Credit to Evans and Hill for holding on as long as they did but it feels like our batting lineup is a batsman short. I hope Harris comes in for someone in the bottom 5, Mike is handy with the bat but not quite a genuine all rounder yet and the tail is too long currently.

Harris

Azad

Evans

Ackermann

Dearden

Hill

Swindells

4 bowlers

Looks more balanced though if Parkinson plays then it's a heavy workload on three seamers. Whether we have 4 or 5 bowlers might not matter with how toothless we look currently anyway.

Massively unpopular but I've never seen Hill look in as good nick as he currently is. So may be he should keep? 

Four bowlers should be enough but not this 4 sadly. 

Need a fast bowler desperately. 

Lots of positives though. Not completely one sided against a side that could hold their own against some international sides. 

• Like 1

Genuinly thought they were on for 700 at one point!

They might have got there if not for declaring as Jordan Clark was still in.

I can't think of a time when they have conceded this many runs across consecutive innings, so I don't know if it is a record

We have to put this game in perspective. Sadly, cricket is now like football in that the gap between rich and poor is massive. Surrey have fielded a team including 7 internationals and had another 4 not even in the team (the Currans, Plunkett and Topley). Not sure how we can compete with that without a massive cash injection. Let's hope the boys can somehow salvage a draw in the final day.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

They might have got there if not for declaring as Jordan Clark was still in.

I can't think of a time when they have conceded this many runs across consecutive innings, so I don't know if it is a record

I saw a tweet which showed our overall fielding performance this year; something like 1198 for 12.

And lets bear in mind that in both instances some of the wickets we did get were from players going on a mad dash at the end as you can't bat forever.

That said, Hampshire and Surrey squads are an embarrassment of riches compared to ours. I suspect we won't be the only ones.

The pitch hasn't looked too helpful for the bowlers so far. Azad and Evans are both pretty gritty, have to think our best chance of a draw is that pair holding out as long as possible.

Bit of rain wouldn't go amiss today; or rather a lot.

1) Wash out the cricket giving us a draw and we're off and running for the season.

2) We smashed Southampton 9-0 in the rain!

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

97-2 at lunch Azad 50+ and Harry D got a 1st ball duck!! also seems to be kicking off about a ball change 

Fascinated to know what's gone on there with the ball. Burns and to a lesser extent Foakes quite animated about it and it must have caused the loss of 2 or 3 overs worth of time, I think?

100 for Azad.

Mark Church (on Surrey comms) doing all he can to jinx it and take in a LCCC collapse with lots of talk of them being home and hosed and 99% of the work done.

40 overs-ish is plenty of time. Look what happened to our tail last time on an absolute road.

47 minutes ago, Corky said:

No idea what is going on with the BBC score updates- we've gone from 196-3 to 145-3 in one refresh.

The tigers score has gone from 14-7 back to 9-7 fair to say the BBC are having issues