Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Well I can’t say I predicted that when I left the ground on Friday when County had just failed to save the follow on, which Middlesex didn’t enforce. The batters take the plaudits today, but a big shift in the second innings by Chris Wright. 

Happy days, and I hope to head back to Grace Road on Friday for some more live cricket 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaroldBazBo said:

It’s normally us on the receiving end of results like that.

They reminded me of us, a youngish side, lacking in depth with their bowling, although no Finn and Murtagh probably swung things our way.

They made a hash of their second innings and left the door slightly open for us when we should of been completely batted out of the game.

Taking nothing away from us though, any chase of over 300 is a great achievement.

I still think we’re a middle order batter light though.

4 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Just a joke

The attendance was really disappointing though, even though you joke.

The sun was out, a bank holiday weekend and the game set up nicely, people were supposed to be desperate to get back out and down the cricket and yet hardly anyone turned up, which was a real shame.

I suppose years of failure has taken its toll on spectators.

9 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The attendance was really disappointing though, even though you joke.

The sun was out, a bank holiday weekend and the game set up nicely, people were supposed to be desperate to get back out and down the cricket and yet hardly anyone turned up, which was a real shame.

I suppose years of failure has taken its toll on spectators.

Did see someone on Twitter say a lot of members had been reserving their places but not turning up. How true that is I don’t know. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Tried getting tickets for next Friday T20. Sold out😧

Plenty of tickets for the 4 day game starting on Thursday available. I think we’re allowed 750 each day, and about 300 were there on Friday by my headcount.

Good weather this week, and we’re on a winning run (of 1....). Hope this persuades a few more to appear. It really is a super day out. I had a fab pulled pork  roll for lunch for £6. Very very decent. Friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Excellent therapy after the anxieties of supporting the City!

• Like 4

What does everyone see as our likely t20 side?

I think we may see:

Steel

Inglis (WK)

Lilley

Ackermann (C)

Hill

Welch

Patel

Mike

Parkinson

Davis

Naveen

Powerful batting in the top 5 with depth at 6 and 7 and plenty of bowling options with the bottom 3 to probably bowl 4 each then Ackerman, Steel, Lilley and Mike to share the rest.

5 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Did see someone on Twitter say a lot of members had been reserving their places but not turning up. How true that is I don’t know. 

We have two memberships, but in the ballot was only allocated one ticket. Always go with a partner / family member, but if they were not allowed to go, felt bad going on my own, so didn’t bother. Missed a great day obviously. 

Personally think LCCC messed up with splitting families memberships up. Lack of understanding or just a load of jobworth’s in the TO.