Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Felt it was a bit out of order for them to share a private conversation anyway along these lines - Colin Ackermann said 'we've been close' which is a fair summation in my view; but then they add, 'well they definitely haven't been close today' which for the SKY viewer has a hint of 'he was lying, this lot are pants are were never close'

I hope they get a finals day of 4 provincial, unfashionable sides and the likes of Knight and Cork have to summarise through gritted teeth

30 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Cork is an absolute joke to be calling out Leicestershire bearing in mind his county career and our trajectory at that point.

Simply wouldn't have been in our side.

In his Derbyshire years we were probably one of the top five teams in the country across all formats.

I know it is lost in the love for everything Test County but from 1994 to 2002 we were a pretty strong team.

Good to see Naveen bouncing back strongly. Hopefully that's the bar set now. Also good to see a good Mike get four wickets though still too expensive really. Not sure we've seen a bowling display where more than one or two have bowled well yet though most od the frontline bowlers have bowled well at one point or another.

Batting still looks a bit weak beyond the top 4 or 5 but a couple good knocks from Kimber who judging from his second xi knock earlier this season does have talent and the middle order looks stronger.

• Like 1

We’re not actually that far away despite these losses. We just have these bad overs, and the game disappears. Although I’m in danger of sounding like Roy Hodgson here: ‘we lost 2-0 which is disappointing, but if we’d scored two goals it would have been different’. You have to love Roy.

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

In his Derbyshire years we were probably one of the top five teams in the country across all formats.

I know it is lost in the love for everything Test County but from 1994 to 2002 we were a pretty strong team.

Oh I know mate; and thats exactly my point. Can't wait to stick the knife in and zero acknowledgment that we probably feel a bit unlucky to be 5 from 5.

Great he made the England side through playing at Derby. Wouldn't have made our side at that time. Humility is an odd thing. 

With only 20 overs a side games will often be close with one good over or one bad over making all the difference and for all the could haves would have we sit pointless after 5 games and probably need to win all our remaining games to get to the QF's, nice to seen Naveen bounce back tonight but the lad is 21 and no world beater yet, Inglis looks very good but when he got out in the 1st over tonight our run chase looked doomed. We are a bits and pieces team and just don't quite hit the heights, probably the best thing the county can do is invite Top down to watch a game and pray

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, katieakita said:

With only 20 overs a side games will often be close with one good over or one bad over making all the difference and for all the could haves would have we sit pointless after 5 games and probably need to win all our remaining games to get to the QF's, nice to seen Naveen bounce back tonight but the lad is 21 and no world beater yet, Inglis looks very good but when he got out in the 1st over tonight our run chase looked doomed. We are a bits and pieces team and just don't quite hit the heights, probably the best thing the county can do is invite Top down to watch a game and pray

Just imagine if County suddenly received an immense King Power style investment. Virat Kohli as our T20 overseas. Steve Smith our overseas for the 4 day game. A Seagrave style training centre.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Just imagine if County suddenly received an immense King Power style investment. Virat Kohli as our T20 overseas. Steve Smith our overseas for the 4 day game. A Seagrave style training centre.....

Be great hey. 

Some positives. Patel is playing well and Steel looks decent at times hopefully they can take that form  into all formats. 

Barnes I think has potential and Mike although in and out a bit is improving I think. 

I'd move Hill up the order for sure, Swindells a better bet than Kimber. 

Lilley a one trick pony brainless imo. 

What's the general opinion on Lilley?

He was handy last year and I enjoy watching when he goes well however a career average in the format of sub 20 and only two fifties doesn't really suggest he's a match winner at 3. Would we be better bringing him in late where a quick 20 is more valuable? I'm not sure who plays 3 instead though.

His bowling hasn't been great this year but his career t20 economy is under 8 so more impressive than his batting average.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CrawlingFox said:

What's the general opinion on Lilley?

He was handy last year and I enjoy watching when he goes well however a career average in the format of sub 20 and only two fifties doesn't really suggest he's a match winner at 3. Would we be better bringing him in late where a quick 20 is more valuable? I'm not sure who plays 3 instead though.

His bowling hasn't been great this year but his career t20 economy is under 8 so more impressive than his batting average.

He's a pinch hitter really, no more than a quick-fire 20-30, which can be useful, but when the scores are really high as they have been this year you need someone in the top 3 who can play a big innings. I would put Patel in there and allow him more time, at the moment he is coming in when we are behind the rate and having to push it.

I thought BB just looked a more talented, confident and well-drilled side tonight. Their fielding and catching was so much better

• Like 1

Ackermann’s been disappointing in the blast so far imo. A few better performances from him is probably the difference between no wins and 1 or 2. 

Not seen that much of Welch but he’s worth a go surely? 

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

Ackermann’s been disappointing in the blast so far imo. A few better performances from him is probably the difference between no wins and 1 or 2. 

Not seen that much of Welch but he’s worth a go surely? 

Welch scored a ton in t20 seconds game yesterday

8 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Cork is an absolute joke to be calling out Leicestershire bearing in mind his county career and our trajectory at that point.

Simply wouldn't have been in our side.

Are you being serious so you would pick Gordon  Parsons over Cork or in 1998 Chris Lewis who was maybe more naturally talented but far less consistent

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Welch scored a ton in t20 seconds game yesterday

Get him in - pick players when they are on form. Rhodes' spinners have been consistently good for the seconds this year as well. Got nothing to lose now, may as well change the side up a a bit

Loved watching Inglis these past games. Was very excited when we signed him having watched a lot of big bash. Still surprised we got him.

Those offside paddles where ridiculous 

Edited by Kopic