Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

That’s what you call embarrassing. 112-8 needing 57 and they win with an over to spare. With the cherry on top of Ned Facking Eckersley hits the winning runs for 6 to reach 50. 

Leicestershire la la la 

That's the worst Leicestershire bowling over I've seen since the 'Boswell' over at Lords. I know we have this 'moneyball' approach to recruitment now, but the kid lost his head and it's not what you want from your overseas bowler. Not exactly a pressure match was it? It was a truly horrendous over, but we also mismanaged the overs before this one to give them a sniff and there were numerous misfields throughout.

Turned on the live stream for the penultimate over, I turned off after the missed catch as I saw it coming. 

To lose in the same over is spectacular even by the county’s standards :unsure:

Edited by Livid

It was inept to say the least. I think a club bowler could have done better tbh. 

Ben Mike's bowling nearly as bad. How many full tosses does that man bowl? 

Fielding awful. It gets close and Aaron Lilley just craps himself. 

What's so frustrating is that we've arguably been in the box seat in all 3 games. Obviously we've thrown it away today. But before then we had Derbyshire 90-4 with all of their renowned hitters back in the hutch before allowing Critchley to get 80 off 45 balls (!??!). That's almost certainly a career best by some distance. And then even against Lancs they were 136-7 with just over 3 overs left. 

Chances of qualifying for the QFs have probably now gone, sadly. Naveed is clearly not what we need based on the evidence so far. And can we afford to have a player (Mike) batting at 7 and rarely bowling except for the odd very expensive over?

Edited by Sunbury Fox

So many mistakes and players losing their heads, I’ll not go on about the final over as that’s been covered already but ffs we collapsed in our batting, we should of set them 180+ but threw all of our wickets away and only scored about 10 in the final 3 overs (apologies if that figure is wrong)

Terrible fielding once again as well.

So so disappointing.

• Like 3

I've lived away from Leicester for over 50 years so have lost touch with County and the team players, but follow the results. Over the last few years we have a sad litany of losing matches from winning positions and often crumbling at the death.  Why is this?  Could it be that we have a young and inexperienced set of players?  That could explain why we rarely have the composure to convert dominant situations into victories.

I'm saddened by the harshness of some of the comments.  The club is plagued by good players, sometimes homegrown ones who have come up through the academy, departing for richer clubs, and by the paucity of financial backing.

What is the reason for the frequent collapse of team spirit?  What is the biggest need to turn things round?