Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

3 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Derby have managed to lose 4 wickets in 5 balls to throw away what looked like an easy win against the trees

That suits us surely, much as I despise Notts. 

On a side note, I think I detest Notts just about as much as forest..something I didn't think was humanely possibly 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

On a side note, I think I detest Notts just about as much as forest..something I didn't think was humanely possibly 

An equaliser deep into injury time means it ends all square at Derby. A point each.

Back to you Jeff

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I dislike the cricket side more. At least Forest don't routinely pinch our best players.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

An equaliser deep into injury time means it ends all square at Derby. A point each.

13 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Gutted I wasn’t there but was great to then get to watch Notts and Derby both throw the win away in the same game. 

Derbyshire were cruising, then collapsed, Notts then big favourites.

Needed 6 off the last ball to win, ball launched to long on, Notts fielder dropped a routine catch and it bounced through to the boundary.

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Derbyshire were cruising, then collapsed, Notts then big favourites.

Needed 6 off the last ball to win, ball launched to long on, Notts fielder dropped a routine catch and it bounced through to the boundary.

Don’t know why the fielder even attempted to catch it as it would have bounced anyway. Just stop it and keep them to one or two and they’d have won it anyway. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Don’t know why the fielder even attempted to catch it as it would have bounced anyway. Just stop it and keep them to one or two and they’d have won it anyway. 

Weird. Nearly as bad as Lilley but not quite........

Next weekend we play at Durham in a T20 on Friday night, then have a 4 day game at Taunton on Sunday. Of course many of the red ball team haven’t been part of the Blast (Evans, Azad, Harris, Swindells, Wright and others) but I wonder if we might need to give Ackers that week off, as he basically has to do everything in every game. Perhaps go with:

Evans

Azad

Harris

Patel

Hill

Swindells

Mike

Parkinson

Wright

Davis

Barnes

is Steel in a full contract? He’s looked good in the Blast and worth a go in the longer format perhaps instead of one of the bowlers

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

Next weekend we play at Durham in a T20 on Friday night, then have a 4 day game at Taunton on Sunday. Of course many of the red ball team haven’t been part of the Blast (Evans, Azad, Harris, Swindells, Wright and others) but I wonder if we might need to give Ackers that week off, as he basically has to do everything in every game. Perhaps go with:

Evans

Azad

Harris

Patel

Hill

Swindells

Mike

Parkinson

Wright

Davis

Barnes

is Steel in a full contract? He’s looked good in the Blast and worth a go in the longer format perhaps instead of one of the bowlers

Given Steel is a useful part time spinner could he be considered a like for like replacement for Ackers if he does need a rest? As I think we all want to see more of Patel I could see him coming in for Mike if we feel the pitch allows us to get away with 3 seamers, although given how expensive Mike has been I'm not sure he justifies being included on the basis of his bowling anyway.

14 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

When you think of Forest, just think of 30th Jan 2012. 

The defining day, when Forest's captain Wes Morgan leaves them and joins us. 

It's the actions of a man who knows which team is going to rule the East Midlands.

• Like 1