Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

On 2/16/2017 at 21:18, Countryfox said:

Saw a programme about prisons last night and it reminded me of my time inside ...    so I told Mrs CF the story.     My team played some inmates at football (about 30 years ago) cus one of our players worked there.   Grim old place and a funny old game.  I played at the back and was very wary of going in too hard in case they took offence and turned nasty ...   always smiled and tried to avoid eye contact ....    but the ref was a right fookin little Hitler and gave some well dodgy decisions ...   gave him loads of abuse !      After the match I asked my mate what sort of crimes they had committed ...      quite a variety he said ...   probably the worst though was the ref who had killed someone with an axe.   True story.

When we left and passed by the side of the building they threw buckets of piss over us from an upstairs window ...     little devils !!   :)

Yeras ago when i was in my teens we used to play againt the local youth detention lads as one of dads friends was a guard there. We were a side a half talented players and these guys were just some crims who wanted to play so they didnt have to be in their cells.

Played them every week for about 3-4 months and we pretty much thumped them every time and the longer we played, the harder they played and the more agressive the tackles became. Then one week we turned up only to be told that we would no longer be playing them.

A few days later dad had a chat to the guard who explained that two of the offenders had decided they were tired of losing and had slipped razor blades into their shoes and werent going to lose again.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 01:00, Buce said:

Tough day.

My father-in-law is terminally ill with cancer and he's just entered the end of life period. He wants to die at home, so my missus has moved in to care for him for the duration, however long that may be - the doctors are being infuriatingly evasive about the timescale, but I'm thinking days/weeks.

Thoughts with you and family

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pds said:

About had a heart attack. Just woke up and nipped to the loo and noticed my 3 year old sons bedroom door was open and he was nowhere to be seen. Cue frantic searching and waking my 6 year old up to check if he was in bed with him. Downstairs and still no sign before I find him fast asleep under the dining table.

Never been so freaked out in my life.

shouldn't laugh but i will because i did something similar at a similar age lollol 

I hid from my parents in the corner of our garage when I was 3 years old because I accidentally broke the Mercedes badge on my dad's car. Couldn't bare the impending telling off I would have got so hid there for what I think must have been a few hours. They rallied all the neighbours round to go looking for me. 

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

shouldn't laugh but i will because i did something similar at a similar age lollol 

I hid from my parents in the corner of our garage when I was 3 years old because I accidentally broke the Mercedes badge on my dad's car. Couldn't bare the impending telling off I would have got so hid there for what I think must have been a few hours. They rallied all the neighbours round to go looking for me. 

Yep I also did something similar. My mum went out and left me at home with my dad which I wasn't happy about so when my dad nipped to the toilet I let myself out of the back door and went looking for her.

Was missing for 45 minutes after crossing over Glenhills Boulevard and going to my playgroup which was in the church hall next to the Pork Pie Roundabout. Being a Saturday afternoon no-one was there and I was only found when I heard several people shouting my name outside.

One to remember. Had two on-the-green eagle chances for the first time in a round and drove a par five in two for the first time thanks to a helping wind, No, the round didn't finish as anything special. The eagle chances were missed and whacking a couple of tee shots out of bounds never helps, but the moments referred to injected some excitement.  Also contacted by two super friends from the past - the perfect boost to any day.           

• Like 2

On 02/03/2017 at 17:44, Thracian said:

One to remember. Had two on-the-green eagle chances for the first time in a round and drove a par five in two for the first time thanks to a helping wind, No, the round didn't finish as anything special. The eagle chances were missed and whacking a couple of tee shots out of bounds never helps, but the moments referred to injected some excitement.  Also contacted by two super friends from the past - the perfect boost to any day.           

Good to hear it's going well. 

On my front I'm getting it all the wrong way round now

nearly resigned today despite not having another job

sold house but don't have another lined up

could be jobless and homeless. !!

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Good to hear it's going well. 

On my front I'm getting it all the wrong way round now

nearly resigned today despite not having another job

sold house but don't have another lined up

could be jobless and homeless. !!

A few beers might help. Once you're jobless, homeless and legless, the first two don't seem to matter so much.  

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

The first two are never far away. Closer than most of us would like to admit. 

Yes, I've been there once. Three winter months living in a small ridge tent, miles from the nearest town, sure made me appreciate our eventual return to civilisation. The most sustained spell of rain I've known in all my life didn't help the situation.     

Just now, Thracian said:

Yes, I've been there once. Three winter months living in a small ridge tent, miles from the nearest town, sure made me appreciate our eventual return to civilisation. The most sustained spell of rain I've known in all my life didn't help the situation.     

Sod's law!

should be ok this end though in all seriousness. 

Next time I'm up we'll have to seek out some Babars ! 

3 hours ago, Buce said:

Just a FYI for my good friends on here (you know who you are). My father-in-law finally passed away this morning.

Thanks for your support guys - I love you all.

So sorry to hear that mate ...    Hope the mrs is holding up.

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Is it just me or is serving food in the utensil it was prepared in absolute twattish bollocks?

No. It's not just you...

It's absolute twattish bollocks of the highest order.

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

IMO butter has no place on a steak. Sauce yes, butter no. 

Quite correct ...    This ere steak (sorry I've ate it) had no butter on it at all ....    Just a few taters salad and garlic mushrooms ....

image.jpg