Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, Rogstanley said:

Tastes like shit in comparison to what? 

Can't say I've ever really been able to tell much difference between margarines and butter is only a slight difference.

I've got a mate called Rog, who from years of being a fluffer is the same

• Haha 1

Just back from The Legion. I won 3 prizes on the New Years raffle and I only bought 4 tickets. A travel iron, some shower gel and a Bottle of wine. Gave the wine to the bar maid as no one in our house drinks it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Just woke up, day hasnt had much of a start and its currently -23 celsius but feels like -27. Omfg.

Its been freezing here in toronto area for the last week. Stupid cold gfy!

It's about that cold here too in Detroit as well. I had to walk a few blocks outside this morning and the wind coming off the water made my face feel like it was on fire. 

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

It's about that cold here too in Detroit as well. I had to walk a few blocks outside this morning and the wind coming off the water made my face feel like it was on fire. 

Ya that polar vortex or whatever they call it. Heck its just damn bloody cold lol

I dont care how i look, got my heavy duty Columbia jacket on, tuque, gloves, warm boots etc... I see these absolute bell ends walking outside in dress shoes, dress coat no tuques. Nobody will care if you got a suit on with ski boots. Sure it doesnt match but you look more of a frozen bell in those dress shoes. Take your dress shoes to the office in a bag morons! lol

If you are one of them, slap yourself  now.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Doctor said:

That doesn't cause terrible taste buds unless you're drinking cheap shit like bells.

If you get through several litres a day, it doesn't matter whether you're drinking Macallan 1700 or methylated spirits, you're going to have teeth like Shane McGowan, a voice like Tom Waits and absolutely no sense of taste*. 

(*or probably any other sense either) 

Edited by Finnegan

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If you get through several litres a day, it doesn't matter whether you're drinking Macallan 1700 or methylated spirits, you're going to have teeth like Shane McGowan, a voice like Tom Waits and absolutely no sense of taste*. 

(*or probably any other sense either) 

If you're drinking litres of Macallan a day, you're the richest hobo going.

11 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Just woke up, day hasnt had much of a start and its currently -23 celsius but feels like -27. Omfg.

Its been freezing here in toronto area for the last week. Stupid cold gfy!

10 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

28 degrees here in the Caribbean lads ...   never mind eh ..   just off for a nice cold beer to cool down   ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

28 degrees here in the Caribbean lads ...   never mind eh ..   just off for a nice cold beer to cool down   ?

....... I'm so jealous lol

I haven't felt my toes in days. Warmth is a fading memory. All my beer is frozen outside. 

We're supposed to warm up on Sunday, it's going up to 0.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Tell me about it, I’ve been suffering this week.

Starting back running tomorrow, so hopefully that will help.

Nothing seems to help me, looks like I'm going to have to go down the sleeping tablet route to break the cycle.

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Nothing seems to help me, looks like I'm going to have to go down the sleeping tablet route to break the cycle.

I find booze normally helps me but I’m off that for a bit to get my fitness back.

I think mine stems from anxiety, as soon as I realise it’s late, I start worrying about being late getting up. Then I keep checking the time and it just goes on until eventually I ****ing sleep in because I didn’t fall asleep until 5am. It’s ridiculous.

37 minutes ago, Buce said:

I've found that lying down as though I'm going to sleep and then playing a video game which only requires one hand on the keyboard (because it's impossible to type with both hands from a natural sleeping position) works really well.  I find Pokemon roms or the Final Fantasy games with their turn based fights do the job well, indeed any turn based RPG with their passive gameplay and repetitive combat are perfect for the job (Chrono Trigger, Golden Sun etc).  Before long I'm dropping off mid-fight and that's when I know it's safe to put the computer to sleep and do likewise myself. 

Of course that requires a setup where you can comfortably see your monitor and operate your keyboard from your bed.

Edited by Carl the Llama

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I've found that lying down as though I'm going to sleep and then playing a video game which only requires one hand on the keyboard (because it's impossible to type with both hands from a natural sleeping position) works really well.  I find Pokemon roms or the Final Fantasy games with their turn based fights do the job well, indeed any turn based RPG with their passive gameplay and repetitive combat are perfect for the job (Chrono Trigger, Golden Sun etc).  Before long I'm dropping off mid-fight and that's when I know it's safe to put the computer to sleep and do likewise myself. 

Of course that requires a setup where you can comfortably see your monitor and operate your keyboard from your bed.

I don't play video games.

Reading helps sometimes but I'm too tired to concentrate tonight.

55 minutes ago, Buce said:

I don't play video games.

Reading helps sometimes but I'm too tired to concentrate tonight.

Alternatively I used to keep a book of crosswords by the bed and it was effective to a point but not as much as the games.  I guess crosswords aren't repetitive enough to make my brain force quit as effectively.

Then again I notice I've completely glossed over your key problem of being too tired to concentrate. Can't say I've ever experienced that particular sensation without dropping off soon after so I'm guessing we require different solutions.  If I try to go to sleep normally my brain will keep loudly saying "I'm alert, I'm alert, I'm alert, I'm alert, I'm alert..." and I'll never fall asleep until I've been lying there listening to it race for hours, with the repetitive games it's more "I'm alert, I'm alert, I'm al- ok seriously you're just making me tell your finger to press the same button over and over again, I'm outta here.".  Alas I lack the knowledge to suggest any techniques for defeating a tired brain that won't switch off save the time honoured mental arithmetic tricks my parents used to tell me to do which I never really found to work for me and I'm guessing you've already discovered the same.