Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Got home from hospital today after the week from hell.

Kids were desperate for me to open my presents but I didn’t have the energy so they did it for me.

The wife put on Xmas music and they showed me their film of the three of them on Xmas morning - about the same time I was under the knife.

I just burst into tears. Overwhelming feeling of guilt for missing the big day - it just hit me. They’ve never seen me cry like that in front of them and it reminded me I’ve only ever seen my Dad cry once or twice I think.

But I’m home now and in my own bed. Feel like shit but the worst is hopefully behind me, just need to take it easy for a few weeks now.

Want to say huge thanks again for all the lovely messages I had from members on here.

Far too many to list but you know who you are and how much your support means.

I’ll never moan about Xmas again. It’s a special time of year that I always took for granted but didn’t realise until I’d missed one.

x

Oh great, does this mean you're going to start posting jokes again?!?

Glad to hear you're home, wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Kids were desperate for me to open my presents but I didn’t have the energy so they did it for me.

The wife put on Xmas music and they showed me their film of the three of them on Xmas morning - about the same time I was under the knife.

I just burst into tears. Overwhelming feeling of guilt for missing the big day - it just hit me. They’ve never seen me cry like that in front of them and it reminded me I’ve only ever seen my Dad cry once or twice I think.

But I’m home now and in my own bed. Feel like shit but the worst is hopefully behind me, just need to take it easy for a few weeks now.

Want to say huge thanks again for all the lovely messages I had from members on here.

I’ll never moan about Xmas again. It’s a special time of year that I always took for granted but didn’t realise until I’d missed one.

x

Glad you are home mate and with your family who love you.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

x

super happy your back home, but im gonna have to get a mod to lock down the jokes thread

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Last shift of the year just done.

Shocking weather to drive to and from work in but thankfully Sheffield takes most of the hit when it comes to snow.

Looking forward to going Liverpool tomorrow.

Get well soon @Izzy Muzzett

Thanks mate :thumbup:

I'm only guessing, but I sense you go to most/all home and away games and are a real die hard. I really enjoy your insights on the main Leicester forum and you really know your stuff. 

Have a great time at Liverpool tomorrow. I so miss going to games (especially away) and it's such a treat to visit the big stadiums.

Take care on the roads mate.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Izzy 1 Crohns 0.

Best result of 2017.

Bless ya mate :)

We're only in the first few minutes of the game in the grand scheme of things, but Crohns can fvckin do one. I saw kids in hospital over Xmas with limbs missing and in wheelchairs and it made me realise I'm very lucky in comparison.

Thanks again for all your messages and support Crinkly. You're a real calming influence and father figure on this forum :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Get well soon buddy

up the Izzy. :scarf:

Cheers Bob :thumbup:

I hope your lad made it to the Man Utd game O.K. after winning the ticket and had a great time.

Have a wonderful 2018 mate :scarf:

12 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Oh great, does this mean you're going to start posting jokes again?!?

Glad to hear you're home, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks Face :thumbup: 

I think I read in another thread that you'd lost 4.5 stone this year? That's incredible mate, well done.

I think we might have had a silly disagreement before about TM on the politics thread and my apologies if I was twat. You're a top poster on here and i wish you well for 2018.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Cheers Bob :thumbup:

I hope your lad made it to the Man Utd game O.K. after winning the ticket and had a great time.

Have a wonderful 2018 mate :scarf:

I haven’t heard from my lad for a few days (not unusual lol) so waiting to hear how the game was for him etc. Scrub that literally just heard from him and he said it was great and he was just behind the goal for the Maguire equaliser yeeeeha!!!!!

have a great 2018 yourself buddy

up the Foxes. :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Strokes said:

I’m glad you’re back home where you belong, your family will have missed you as much as you miss them and don’t feel guilty, you can’t change your health (unfortunately).

We've missed you on here too buddy, so get well soon you big tart.

I hate to admit it, but I fvckin love you man.

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Back home and being in your own bed..I never realized till this year how amazing that feels.

Glad it's over for you buddy.

Rest!

:thumbup:

Mate I actually got a bit of kip lat night in between bathroom trips and it was heaven. I'm gonna rest like a bastard and clog up this forum with shite posts for a bit - sorry :D

14 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Crying indeed ya big soft sh1te !! .....       fookin fly hit me right in the eye when I read your post ...   still fookin watering now !! ...    

Sleep well mate ..   :)

Cheers big fella. I'm hoping to go outside and walk a few steps today. Your posts inspire me to appreciate the outdoors and nature more than I currently do

12 hours ago, Tuna said:

Really glad to hear you are back home - hope you can now rest, relax and recuperate in comfort - get well soon!

Thanks mate. Hoping to get back on the Name That Player thread soon and enjoy the craic with you and the others :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Rest up Izzy, get well soon.  At least you realise now you took the ducking Christmas thing too far ;)

Cheers Jon. I'm sure I'll look back on this Christmas and laugh about it one day :dry: Hope you enjoyed the festivities mate

12 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Glad you are home mate and with your family who love you.

Thanks Oz. You've been so supportive and I'm very grateful :)

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

super happy your back home, but im gonna have to get a mod to lock down the jokes thread

Cheers fella. Not sure I'm ready for the abuse on the joke thread yet. I'm still a bit fragile :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thanks mate :thumbup:

I'm only guessing, but I sense you go to most/all home and away games and are a real die hard. I really enjoy your insights on the main Leicester forum and you really know your stuff. 

Have a great time at Liverpool tomorrow. I so miss going to games (especially away) and it's such a treat to visit the big stadiums.

Take care on the roads mate.

haha yeah I get where I can. I especially love going to Liverpool and Everton because it's an excuse to do all my Beatles visits again ;) 

Have a good new year. Everyone else too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Thanks Face :thumbup: 

I think I read in another thread that you'd lost 4.5 stone this year? That's incredible mate, well done.

I think we might have had a silly disagreement before about TM on the politics thread and my apologies if I was twat. You're a top poster on here and i wish you well for 2018.

Cheers Izzy, it' been bloody hard work!

I was just about to reply to your post a few up where you mentioned the kids with limbs amputated, and I think it shows how good an outlook you have that you think you're lucky compared to them. I think when a disabiliy is visable we feel for people more, but hidden chronic illness can really ruin peoples lives.

We probably did mate, it' easy to have crossed words on here. People are identityless and it' easy to take frustrations out on people. Don't worry about it, I'm not :thumbup:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

x

Izzy, you’ve had far too much manlove in this thread already so all I’m going to say is that I’m delighted you’re out of hospital and are hopefully on the way back  to better things :thumbup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Cheers Izzy, it' been bloody hard work!

I was just about to reply to your post a few up where you mentioned the kids with limbs amputated, and I think it shows how good an outlook you have that you think you're lucky compared to them. I think when a disabiliy is visable we feel for people more, but hidden chronic illness can really ruin peoples lives.

We probably did mate, it' easy to have crossed words on here. People are identityless and it' easy to take frustrations out on people. Don't worry about it, I'm not :thumbup:

4 and a half stone! 

That's a fookin good effort!

:thumbup:

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

100% the worst day hangover/pain wise i’ve had in my life. been awake about 4 hours max. absolute horror show. 

great night tho. 

This.

Only just eating now because I couldn’t even keep water down a couple of hours ago 

Felt out of it about 8 last night, fell asleep and woke up again at 11, then couldn't sleep until 1, tossed and turned and woke up a few times in the night, now I'm up and having to go to work, and about ready to nod off again. Kill me now - why didn't I take an extra days holiday to recover?

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Day 2 back at work... the reality that...its another year... its the 38th time.

Feels like I've never been away.

Having done Sober October, Dry January is now the target for me. No silly new years resolutions being set here, but in general I want to cut down on the old sauce.

Edited by Lovejoy

I used to have a sort of barn thing where we kept all our firewood ...    it doesn't live here anymore ....      and was last seen about a quarter of a mile away ...     :(

Fookin wind !!!!     Still sorting things out after the bleedin boxing day snow !! (see snow thread) .... 

Oh well ..  on my jollies in 2 days !!!   yesssss !!   :):)  

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

I used to have a sort of barn thing where we kept all our firewood ...    it doesn't live here anymore ....      and was last seen about a quarter of a mile away ...     :(

Fookin wind !!!!     Still sorting things out after the bleedin boxing day snow !! (see snow thread) .... 

Oh well ..  on my jollies in 2 days !!!   yesssss !!   :):)  

Where are you off to, CF?