Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Eat more food than any human being should be allowed to eat.

Watch TV I'd never dream of watching any other day of the year.

Meet people I only see once a year.

Listen to another crappy Christmas song for the umpteenth time.

A morbid dread of looking at my bank balance.

My favourite time of the year. 

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc

Not good, decided to go down the pub after dinner to the next village which is a small bus journey away - but a long walk. On the way back the buses stopped running so I decided to try and book an Uber but they said it wasn't worth their money for a short journey so I had to walk home 45 mins in the pouring rain. 

Edited by Harrydc

Lying in my hospital bed recovering and one of the surgeons comes along to have a ‘chat’ with the bloke in the next bed.

Tells him that his scans show he’s got a tumour in his bowel and it’s spread to his liver. The blokes in shock and I’m filling up :cry:

How these guys can deliver these type of messages so skilfully and then operate to fix them is beyond me.

Surgeons literally are life savers and I have so much admiration for them. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Harrydc said:

Not good, decided to go down the pub after dinner to the next village which is a small bus journey away - but a long walk. On the way back the buses stopped running so I decided to try and book an Uber but they said it wasn't worth their money for a short journey so I had to walk home 45 mins in the pouring rain. 

Looking on the positive side, your experience just caused me to play this by the late, great Fats Domino, gone this year.....

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Lying in my hospital bed recovering and one of the surgeons comes along to have a ‘chat’ with the bloke in the next bed.

Tells him that his scans show he’s got a tumour in his bowel and it’s spread to his liver. The blokes in shock and I’m filling up :cry:

How these guys can deliver these type of messages so skilfully and then operate to fix them is beyond me.

What happened to you mate?

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

What happened to you mate?

Had another problem with my guts, had to go hospital and ended up needing surgery mate. Hopefully I’ll be out and home to recover in a few days. Hope you had a great Xmas fella :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Had another problem with my guts, had to go hospital and ended up needing surgery mate. Hopefully I’ll be out and home to recover in a few days. Hope you had a great Xmas fella :thumbup:

Get well soon matey, sorry to hear that hope you're on the mend. merry christmas to you

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Amen to that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The 'chat' isn't always good but they have to tell the patient anyway and being matter of fact about it is one way they can get through the day I guess.

The 'chat' that sticks in my mind was when I was recovering in intensive care after a heart procedure and the doctor called at the significantly overweight patient nearest to me and told him that his heart was worn out and that there was nothing they could do.  Even though I was pretty involved in my own situation that made a big impact and I've never forgotten it.  I've also never been anywhere near obese since.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

The 'chat' isn't always good but they have to tell the patient anyway and being matter of fact about it is one way they can get through the day I guess.

The 'chat' that sticks in my mind was when I was recovering in intensive care after a heart procedure and the doctor called at the significantly overweight patient nearest to me and told him that his heart was worn out and that there was nothing they could do.  Even though I was pretty involved in my own situation that made a big impact and I've never forgotten it.  I've also never been anywhere near obese since.

It certainly puts one's life into perspective, doesn't it.

Good health is the most valuable thing that money can't buy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Got home from hospital today after the week from hell.

Kids were desperate for me to open my presents but I didn’t have the energy so they did it for me.

The wife put on Xmas music and they showed me their film of the three of them on Xmas morning - about the same time I was under the knife.

I just burst into tears. Overwhelming feeling of guilt for missing the big day - it just hit me. They’ve never seen me cry like that in front of them and it reminded me I’ve only ever seen my Dad cry once or twice I think.

But I’m home now and in my own bed. Feel like shit but the worst is hopefully behind me, just need to take it easy for a few weeks now.

Want to say huge thanks again for all the lovely messages I had from members on here.

Far too many to list but you know who you are and how much your support means.

I’ll never moan about Xmas again. It’s a special time of year that I always took for granted but didn’t realise until I’d missed one.

x

You've nothing to feel guilty about. Glad you're back home and recuperating.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Kids were desperate for me to open my presents but I didn’t have the energy so they did it for me.

The wife put on Xmas music and they showed me their film of the three of them on Xmas morning - about the same time I was under the knife.

I just burst into tears. Overwhelming feeling of guilt for missing the big day - it just hit me. They’ve never seen me cry like that in front of them and it reminded me I’ve only ever seen my Dad cry once or twice I think.

But I’m home now and in my own bed. Feel like shit but the worst is hopefully behind me, just need to take it easy for a few weeks now.

Want to say huge thanks again for all the lovely messages I had from members on here.

I’ll never moan about Xmas again. It’s a special time of year that I always took for granted but didn’t realise until I’d missed one.

x

I’m glad you’re back home where you belong, your family will have missed you as much as you miss them and don’t feel guilty, you can’t change your health (unfortunately).

We've missed you on here too buddy, so get well soon you big tart.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

x

Back home and being in your own bed..I never realized till this year how amazing that feels.

Glad it's over for you buddy.

Rest!

:thumbup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

x

Crying indeed ya big soft sh1te !! .....       fookin fly hit me right in the eye when I read your post ...   still fookin watering now !! ...    

Sleep well mate ..   :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

x

Get well soon buddy

up the Izzy. :scarf:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

x

Really glad to hear you are back home - hope you can now rest, relax and recuperate in comfort - get well soon!

Edited by Tuna
  • Thanks 1