Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 minute ago, Buce said:

No shit? :D

Well thats where we killed an hour the other day whilst waiting for the train back from London (zzzzz) ...   went to do some shopping and saw The Ferryman , which was excellent and I can highly recommend it.

Oh ...   I also took Mrs CF up the shard ! ...   :)

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Well thats where we killed an hour the other day whilst waiting for the train back from London (zzzzz) ...   went to do some shopping and saw The Ferryman , which was excellent and I can highly recommend it.

Oh ...   I also took Mrs CF up the shard ! ...   :)

Bet she was relieved to have to stand for the entire train journey home !

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Cool, well its a goodish time to buy in Perth, we've had quite a fall in property prices and Sydney is OBSCENE price wise. I assume if her family is here, you are pretty up to date with whats going on here...Im an hour east of Perth, so if i can assist, feel free to give me a shout.

An hour east?  Guildford way?  Swan Valley?

Cheers!

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If you're not named on a tenancy, leasehold, freehold, mortgage agreement etc and have no legal rights to a residence then you're homeless. 

The guys in the homeless team (namely this guy sat next to me) love to point out we're all only a few steps from homelessness. 

Whilst technically true and I was, technically, homeless for a few days recently between contracts (slept in my dad's spare room) - I think a lot of us are many steps away from rough sleeping to be fair. 

On that basis most people living at home with parents into their 20s and even 30s are homeless!  This is like technical poverty being a variable level of income related to average earnings.

Heard an absolutely huge bang in Birstall about 7.30 this morning that shook our gaff. Turns out there's been a gas explosion a few streets away thats absolutely flattened at least one house, lots of emergency services flying and driving about. Hope nobody's hurt although it doesn't look great if anybody was inside.

47 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Heard an absolutely huge bang in Birstall about 7.30 this morning that shook our gaff. Turns out there's been a gas explosion a few streets away thats absolutely flattened at least one house, lots of emergency services flying and driving about. Hope nobody's hurt although it doesn't look great if anybody was inside.

Bloody hell just saw the picture of it, whole house is gone! Hope everyone is okay. 

All people have been accounted for now thankfully.

i don’t wish to speculate but I was working around that area last year after the owner had had her gas supply capped off by the gas transporter after finding a leak on the gas pipe in her house under the screeded floor. It wouldn’t surprise me if this could be another case

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I heard that, shook our house and scared the shit out of me. Went downstairs and the dog was completely unphased

Hope they're all ok. Photos look devastating 

Garbage. My grandfather has been in Wyggestons hospital for over 4 years now (easily). Had one of his legs amputated and couldnt live alone so pretty much forced to go there. Anyhow been battling a few issues lately and my aunt called me to tell me he is on his way out. Not eating, only drinking liquids. Not talking much. Staff seem to think he is in the phase of dying.

I regret not flying over to england in the summer so he could meet my daughter. We were debating and decided to hold out till 2018. He met my son when we were there back in 2014 and the wife was pregnant with her then. My last grand parent alive so feeling a bit off to say the least.

Hope he goes peacefully.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Garbage. My grandfather has been in Wyggestons hospital for over 4 years now (easily). Had one of his legs amputated and couldnt live alone so pretty much forced to go there. Anyhow been battling a few issues lately and my aunt called me to tell me he is on his way out. Not eating, only drinking liquids. Not talking much. Staff seem to think he is in the phase of dying.

I regret not flying over to england in the summer so he could meet my daughter. We were debating and decided to hold out till 2018. He met my son when we were there back in 2014 and the wife was pregnant with her then. My last grand parent alive so feeling a bit off to say the least.

Hope he goes peacefully.

Sorry to hear that Jatt.  Don't beat yourself up over not going ..  these things happen ...   and at least he met your son and sort of met your daughter ..  she was just inside your wife at the time !   I'm sure he is in good hands and will slip away peacefully...  so you just focus on the good memories ...    

• Thanks 1

Well my grandpa didnt take long to go. He passed away earlier today peacefully. Wish i could have been there. Going to see if i can catch a flight to england as the funeral will be somewhere in Leicester. 

My youngest brother was flying out tonight  on a visit vacation to england to see our older brother but by the time he lands friday morning will have missed my gramps by 1 lousy stinking day.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Well my grandpa didnt take long to go. He passed away earlier today peacefully. Wish i could have been there. Going to see if i can catch a flight to england as the funeral will be somewhere in Leicester. 

My youngest brother was flying out tonight  on a visit vacation to england to see our older brother but by the time he lands friday morning will have missed my gramps by 1 lousy stinking day.

Sorry for your loss mate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Sorry to hear that buddy - thinking of you and yours.

:cry:

• Like 1