Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

40 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Not great. Had to go to the LRI to pick up my 27yr old daughter who, as I've mentioned before on here, has mental health issues. She has been going through a troubled time over the last 36 hrs and it has resulted in her taking an overdose of her MH medication along with alcohol. She was found last night in the street and was taken to A&E. All went tits up after we picked her up having been discharged (wrongly IMO as she was still vulnerable) and the police had to be called after she baled out of our (slow) moving car. TCALS, she was taken home by them and has since phoned to slag us off further.

Hey-ho. Been here before. Stress levels are super high right now.

Izzy will understand.

Sorry to hear this mate :( 

I can’t say anything that will make things better apart from that I can empathise hugely.

We’ve had to book our daughter into a five day intensive therapy starting in a few weeks time. It’s going to cost us four grand but apparently the success rate is about 80% so we’ll see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I can’t say anything that will make things better apart from that I can empathise hugely.

We’ve had to book our daughter into a five day intensive therapy starting in a few weeks time. It’s going to cost us four grand but apparently the success rate is about 80% so we’ll see. 

Sorry to hear that, mate. 

Sounds truly awful - fingers crossed it works out for her and you all. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Hope that all works out for you mate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Not great. Had to go to the LRI to pick up my 27yr old daughter who, as I've mentioned before on here, has mental health issues. She has been going through a troubled time over the last 36 hrs and it has resulted in her taking an overdose of her MH medication along with alcohol. She was found last night in the street and was taken to A&E. All went tits up after we picked her up having been discharged (wrongly IMO as she was still vulnerable) and the police had to be called after she baled out of our (slow) moving car. TCALS, she was taken home by them and has since phoned to slag us off further.

Hey-ho. Been here before. Stress levels are super high right now.

Izzy will understand.

I can't imagine how awful that is for you and your daughter. I hope it works out for you both. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

If it gives her a mechanism to cope it'll improve her life and be money well spent.  I hope that it's successful for all your sakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am so sorry to hear about that, @Parafox.

It seems like a very bad struggle at present, for all.

I personally have dealt with some mental health patients at the LRI, and it can be very challenging.

Have got fingers crossed for a success outcome, whatever that may be.

Edited by Wymsey

Thanks for your supportive responses. Had a difficult day again today but she's calmed down now. The trouble is when she's like this we can't manage face to face contact and she thinks we don't care and aren't there for her. We are, but at a distance.

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Thanks for your supportive responses. Had a difficult day again today but she's calmed down now. The trouble is when she's like this we can't manage face to face contact and she thinks we don't care and aren't there for her. We are, but at a distance.

Cant imagine how stressful this must be as parents to watch your own go through stuff like this. My kids are still young but dread the day we,as parents have to deal with such circumstances  and how we'd cope. Keep your pecker up pal

• Thanks 1

Got my car back after 3 days in the garage, with everything fixed that practically could be, and wasn't charged for it. I've been a good customer of theirs for the last year or so, but not that good.

That would have been £250 EASILY at a main dealer.

Using the money saved I'm treating myself to a chippy tea and a new door for the bog

• Like 1

On 27/02/2021 at 20:02, Izzy said:

Glad you’ve found a way forward Izzy.  Fingers crossed for you.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Yesterday was great, was bricking it as planning to propose to the girlfriend. We had a few drinks at home to celebrate her 30th which is on Tuesday. I got down on one knee, the timing was just right, then Amartey scored the winner seconds after she said yes! :D

You were doing this shit while the game was on? :o

Plastic.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, deejdeej said:

Yesterday was great, was bricking it as planning to propose to the girlfriend. We had a few drinks at home to celebrate her 30th which is on Tuesday. I got down on one knee, the timing was just right, then Amartey scored the winner seconds after she said yes! :D

nothing like a good proposal acceptance only for your woman to be screaming yes yes yes yes  over another man seconds later lol.

On a serious note,  Congratulations to you both!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

nothing like a good proposal acceptance only for your woman to be screaming yes yes yes yes  over another man seconds later lol.

On a serious note,  Congratulations to you both!

Hahaha that's a great view on things. Thanks buddy.

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My mum got ambulanced into the LRI last Thursday night. Obviously couldn't see her in hospital due to current rules. She came home today, was a bit emotional. The journey has got tougher over the past couple of years with her health and it won't be getting any easier. I want us to have as many laughs as possible, over as many stupid subjects as possible, to brighten the gritty moments.

Sorry to hear that... enjoy the good. Take care

• Like 1

Had a proper shit week this week. My epileptic dog had a few serious fits on Wednesday but has since been fine. My other half got a letter from work to say the training element of his job had stopped which means a second hefty pay decrease in the last 12 months. 

The worst thing of it all is he was given top marks in his appraisals and is very highly thought of and it transpires that the 2 other people that went on strike 18 months ago also got removed when people who have just started doing it havent. 

On 12/03/2021 at 01:11, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My mum got ambulanced into the LRI last Thursday night. Obviously couldn't see her in hospital due to current rules. She came home today, was a bit emotional. The journey has got tougher over the past couple of years with her health and it won't be getting any easier. I want us to have as many laughs as possible, over as many stupid subjects as possible, to brighten the gritty moments.

Blimey, Geoff. Hope she's on the mend.

Make every minute count mate, I'm sure you will :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 01:11, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I hope my colleagues were the best. I hope she and you, get through as best you can. Laugh, Live, Love, as they say.

• Like 2