Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Did a little CNC machining in my college course. Was quite good at the coding etc. Watching a CNC machine is actually quite magical. seeing your creation appear from a block you cant take your eyes off it. Was always something i would have liked to do more of but my apprenticeship took me down a different route.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Did a little CNC machining in my college course. Was quite good at the coding etc. Watching a CNC machine is actually quite magical. seeing your creation appear from a block you cant take your eyes off it. Was always something i would have liked to do more of but my apprenticeship took me down a different route.

100%. There's a feeling of satisfaction when a part comes out exactly as it's supposed to when it's took hours to program. I keep waiting for it to wear off and just become mundane but it hasn't after a decade or so of doing it. 

Don't expect it to anytime soon after getting my hands on this new machine, whole different system altogether. :D

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

100%. There's a feeling of satisfaction when a part comes out exactly as it's supposed to when it's took hours to program. I keep waiting for it to wear off and just become mundane but it hasn't after a decade or so of doing it. 

Don't expect it to anytime soon after getting my hands on this new machine, whole different system altogether. :D

I remember in my college class i was the only one who passed the CNC course because the others just couldn't get the coding correctly. Whereas i just seemed to get it. We would design something on CAD and then produce it on a CNC machine. 

Its exactly that, i only did a small thing and the coding for that was hard enough. To do a large piece i can understand the coding taking hours. To watch something come out perfect i dont think i would ever be bored of it either

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

HO LI SHEEEEET. 

Just been offered training on the new giant 4-axis haas. Step up from my 600vmc bridge port! :banana:

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I’ve absolutely no idea what you’re talking about mate but you sound happy, so that’s good :thumbup:

Jeez Muzzet doesn't everyone knew what a VMC600 is ??!!?? ...   you are one real thicko !

Great news Inno ...   that VF 11 looks the biz ...    personally I gonna wait till the 12 comes out cus it will have 5G capability ...   :thumbup:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Jeez Muzzet doesn't everyone knew what a VMC600 is ??!!?? ...   you are one real thicko !

Great news Inno ...   that VF 11 looks the biz ...    personally I gonna wait till the 12 comes out cus it will have 5G capability ...   :thumbup:

Enjoy your covid. :revenge:

Just set up inactive account alerts on my google account so if I kick it my family will at least be notified after a few months where they can find me and all my stuff (a shorter timespan would be better for obvious reasons but there's no facility for dead man's switch emails on my outlook and I don't really want to put personal information into any of the websites offering it).  Writing it all up took a lot out of me ngl. 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just set up inactive account alerts on my google account so if I kick it my family will at least be notified after a few months where they can find me and all my stuff (a shorter timespan would be better for obvious reasons but there's no facility for dead man's switch emails on my outlook and I don't really want to put personal information into any of the websites offering it).  Writing it all up took a lot out of me ngl. 

This is a worrying post. Are you OK? Seriously... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

This is a worrying post. Are you OK? Seriously... 

I'm alive.  It's just a while ago I stopped sharing my address with them because my mum's a weirdo who thinks any disagreement can be solved by sending random presents to you, apparently doing that means you don't have to discuss and resolve any ongoing problems.  My best solution so far is to make that impossible so there's an outside chance if something happens to me a google notification is the only way they'd find out.  Probably get contacted by my work or the NHS first but you never know, I'm just covering bases.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm alive.  It's just a while ago I stopped sharing my address with them because my mum's a weirdo who thinks any disagreement can be solved by sending random presents to you, apparently doing that means you don't have to discuss and resolve any ongoing problems.  My best solution so far is to make that impossible so there's an outside chance if something happens to me a google notification is the only way they'd find out.  Probably get contacted by my work or the NHS first but you never know, I'm just covering bases.

Phew :thumbup:. I get it that families can be very difficult and it's a shame when it results in you doing what you've done. Stay well.

• Thanks 1

Not great. Had to go to the LRI to pick up my 27yr old daughter who, as I've mentioned before on here, has mental health issues. She has been going through a troubled time over the last 36 hrs and it has resulted in her taking an overdose of her MH medication along with alcohol. She was found last night in the street and was taken to A&E. All went tits up after we picked her up having been discharged (wrongly IMO as she was still vulnerable) and the police had to be called after she baled out of our (slow) moving car. TCALS, she was taken home by them and has since phoned to slag us off further.

Hey-ho. Been here before. Stress levels are super high right now.

Izzy will understand.

Edited by Parafox
  • Sad 13