Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

Shops run by Muslims sell sausage rolls so the story is ridiculous even by Sun standards.

Sun standards? There is a segment on this in the The Times as well today, it's the professor of faith at the University that has suggested it, not the Sun.

That university clearly has some issues, stuff like this seems to always come out of it and it's the same one that has the diversity officer that saw it as totally acceptable to tweet "kill all white men".

The professor certainly has some issues then. I was just saying that the opinion is not shared as far as I know my the Muslim populace within the UK. What is a Muslim worker supposed to do? Stand watch over the works microwave and stop anyone that comes near it with a sausage roll?

• 2 weeks later...

The professor of my bedroom at my house, Where Your Mum Is, has made the suggestions as part of a plan to encourage workers to respect religious beliefs.

He said: “It would be good etiquette to avoid being offended because some people don't share your faith. People should be able to choose if they want to eat a pork sausage, and others should respect their choice, just as we respect their choice not to eat pork."

Seems  a good place to eat.

Sort of related. I was in a buffet restaurant a year or so ago and this bloke was kicking off by refusing to pay because they had run out of chicken nuggets. The police was called in the end. It was near closing time so it was obvious  they would run out of stuff. I think he was just trying to get out of paying. If he wanted nuggets he could have gone in the fast food chicken place a few doors down. Some people are dickheads.

If anyone wants vegan there will be vegan at the West End Centre today and tomorrow.

The RJFP are catering for an event at the Curve Saturday from noon.y. Not sure if I will be volunteering cuz of the footie and  a Halloween night at the Kings Head later.

The vegan and vegetarian menus are less to do with choice but more to do with what is available and the fact meat does not keep fresh so long and the rules on what donated food we can cook.

Edited by Rincewind

Fair play to him, if you want a particular product, you find a bloody shop that sells it - you don't go into Asda looking for a new car and then throw a mardy when you find out they don't sell any.  If you have a particularly dietary requirement, find a restaurant that caters to it you pricks.

• Like 1

Being a vegetarian must be like being born without genitalia.

While I admire your jokes, Matt, kindly have a care - my fiance is vegan (for genetic health reasons).

Incidentally, she thought the other vegans in this story were fvcking stupid.

Edited by leicsmac

It wasn't a joke, as a rampant meat eater that's the only thing I can think to compare it to.

Everyone else enjoying something so wonderful and you can't, it must be horrific.

It wasn't a joke, as a rampant meat eater that's the only thing I can think to compare it to.

Everyone else enjoying something so wonderful and you can't, it must be horrific.

She doesn't think so, mainly because of the high probability of what would happen in later life if she did eat meat on anywhere approaching a regular basis. That's the horror from her perspective.

Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

The Sun

Pork chopped

Call to ban ‘offensive’ sausage rolls from work fridges

• The white British middle class moron, goes on, and on, and on generation after generation.

How insulted do you think Muslims or jews, Vegans....etc.etc feel .

Another take on it, while working in Germany, our top canteen served various meals.

A few Hindu Indians on a green card long term stay in Europe, didnt even try the local faire, they all brought their own food

every single day.My Indian/Pakistani friends (who were quite a few), who have lived years in Germany, some as my work

mates couldnt understand, they themselves ate from the menu offered from the canteen.

One of these colleagues, used me embarassingly as an example.

Sitting at the same table, being courtious, asked that question of why bring your own food, and not try your hosts food, at all

levels, isnt that one of the ideas of travelling to other countries, and as Indian Asians, dont we ( not me ) use food to

find our friends and aquaintences, and to live our lives...

MANY jews or muslims, hindus, wouldnt give a fig for the Suns comments.

Kosher, or Halal, might crop up on occasions, The Sun or same idiots should do their homework

•  
  •  

By ROBIN PERRIE

published

15 hours ago

comments

01_524e0490-6ad8-1_2512337a.jpg

'Offensive' ... pork-based snack favourites Handout

BOSSES should ban heating sausage rolls in office microwaves so Muslim or Jewish staff are not offended, a report says.

They should also think about stopping workers storing bacon sarnies in communal fridges for the same reason.

And alcohol could even be banned at corporate parties so Muslims are not offended, according to academic Adam Dinham.

The professor of faith at Goldsmiths, University of London, has made the suggestions as part of a plan to encourage workers to respect religious beliefs.

He said: “It would be good etiquette to avoid heating up foods that might be prohibited for people of other faiths.

“The microwaves example is a good one. We also say, don’t put kosher or halal and other special foods next to another food or, God forbid, on the same plate.”

Prof Dinham’s programme will be presented to employers next week by professional services firm EY. Kamran Malik, a partner at EY, said: “Improving religious literacy in the workplace is one of the next big issues.”

Ukip MEP for the North East Jonathan Arnott blasted the proposals. He said: “It’s exactly this kind of nonsense proposal that leads to segregation, misunderstanding and intolerance.”