Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

What's the condition?

I honestly don't know what I would do if I couldn't eat meat, I barely eat anything else aside from spuds.

Small vessel disease - results in the breakdown of blood vessels in the brain and other areas in later life. There's a genetic component (apparently) and it is greatly exacerbated by eating meat or other high fat products. I don't know that much about it but if she's willing to make this lifestyle change on the strength of it I'm happy to believe it.

That restaurant owner is a hero. After all, veganism is the sad result of a morally corrupt mind.

Or, you know, someone who has had to make a pretty awful choice.

Small vessel disease - results in the breakdown of blood vessels in the brain and other areas in later life. There's a genetic component (apparently) and it is greatly exacerbated by eating meat or other high fat products. I don't know that much about it but if she's willing to make this lifestyle change on the strength of it I'm happy to believe it.

Or, you know, someone who has had to make a pretty awful choice.

I always had you down as a parks and rec fan, seemed right up the street I imagine you live on from your posts but clearly not.

lol Now I feel a bit daft. I have been told to watch it, but it's one of those I've never got round to.

Given your general cynicism around politics, I suspect you'd quite enjoy it.

This guy is essentially MattP, the right winger who thinks government should be privatised, and red meat is the only food group.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 2

Just discovered that The Sun ( in all its glory) has dropped its paywall.. i wander on in and see this :)

These PJs are hardly PC: Woman shocked at obscene slogan on her nightwear

01_04152435_98b3aa_2549430a.jpg

Edited by ozleicester

I note that the emergency landing was in Baa-aa-aa-li

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/corbyn-disrespects-tupac-20151109103704

Corbyn disrespects Tupac
09-11-15

corbneck.jpg?resize=425%2C263

JEREMY Corbyn has disrespected the late rapper Tupac Shakur, it has emerged.

23-year-old hip hop fan Martin Bishop was playing Tupac’s album All Eyez on Me in his bedroom when the Labour leader walked past.

Bishop said: “I had the window open and California Love booming out when I noticed Jeremy Corbyn walking down the street, probably going to buy some quinoa from a local independent wholefoods shop.

“The music was clearly audible to him, but he didn’t even nod his head.

“It’s disgusting when you consider that it was Pac’s best album, which is often considered the crowning achievement of 90s hip hop.”

The Labour leader, already under fire for an insufficiently deep bow at the Cenotaph, now faces calls to apologise to the hip hop community.

Daily Mail reader Stephen Malley said: “I’ve no idea what Tupac is but this further confirms my suspicions that Corbyn has no deference towards anything.

“I bet he doesn’t even respect high quality roast beef, classic sitcoms like Fawlty Towers or those really brave dogs that rescue people stuck up mountains.”

• Like 3

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/corbyn-disrespects-tupac-20151109103704

Corbyn disrespects Tupac
09-11-15

corbneck.jpg?resize=425%2C263

JEREMY Corbyn has disrespected the late rapper Tupac Shakur, it has emerged.

23-year-old hip hop fan Martin Bishop was playing Tupac’s album All Eyez on Me in his bedroom when the Labour leader walked past.

Bishop said: “I had the window open and California Love booming out when I noticed Jeremy Corbyn walking down the street, probably going to buy some quinoa from a local independent wholefoods shop.

“The music was clearly audible to him, but he didn’t even nod his head.

“It’s disgusting when you consider that it was Pac’s best album, which is often considered the crowning achievement of 90s hip hop.”

The Labour leader, already under fire for an insufficiently deep bow at the Cenotaph, now faces calls to apologise to the hip hop community.

Daily Mail reader Stephen Malley said: “I’ve no idea what Tupac is but this further confirms my suspicions that Corbyn has no deference towards anything.

“I bet he doesn’t even respect high quality roast beef, classic sitcoms like Fawlty Towers or those really brave dogs that rescue people stuck up mountains.”

I eagerly await his apology, what a disgusting, disrespectful man!

Oh I do love The Mash.

They keep coming. Just shows how little difference the slur stories (mainly in the Sun) make to anyone with common sense.

http://newsthump.com/2015/11/10/jeremy-corbyn-in-anti-monarchy-pro-isis-ira-loving-sandwich-controversy/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

The problem being that a Sun reader - by definition - isn't blessed with common sense.

Far from being turned against him, I am being turned for him by these stories. He was criticised for not bowing low enough but they failed to mention that whilst the others 'high profile' people there went to a VIP lunch Corbyn stayed behind to chat to veterans and even took photos when asked. Then later in the day he attended a memorial event in his own constituency, laying a wreath with a handwritten message. That to me is showing respect as it is more genuine. 

Far from being turned against him, I am being turned for him by these stories. He was criticised for not bowing low enough but they failed to mention that whilst the others 'high profile' people there went to a VIP lunch Corbyn stayed behind to chat to veterans and even took photos when asked. Then later in the day he attended a memorial event in his own constituency, laying a wreath with a handwritten message. That to me is showing respect as it is more genuine. 

If it had been IDS, Gideon Osborne, Boris Blood, or Call me Dave you'd have naturally been outraged though?

You're the most prejudiced, least even minded person on here, you'll believe any crap if it suits your agenda. I don't know why you kid yourself on.

If it had been IDS, Gideon Osborne, Boris Blood, or Call me Dave you'd have naturally been outraged though?

You're the most prejudiced, least even minded person on here, you'll believe any crap if it suits your agenda. I don't know why you kid yourself on.

Wrong wrong wrong.

I love the way Ken talks like he actually needed to be turned onto supporting Jeremy Corbyn lol

I am not a fan of any political party especially in the last 10 years or so. Probably longer going back to the early eighties. Why was so much made of that bow then? The MP who made the remark commented on something a some years back where a Nazi themed party that Prince Andrew attended. He said 'It's not as if he subscribes to those ideals'  Which is different to what he said about Corbyn. Can you not see the hypocrisy in this from a neutral point of view?

If Cameron et al had turned down the slap up dinner in favour of talking to veterans I would have praised them and so would you  but you are unable to offer one tiny bit of praise for Corbyn when he did it. 

I am not a fan of any political party especially in the last 10 years or so. Probably longer going back to the early eighties. Why was so much made of that bow then? The MP who made the remark commented on something a some years back where a Nazi themed party that Prince Andrew attended. He said 'It's not as if he subscribes to those ideals'  Which is different to what he said about Corbyn. Can you not see the hypocrisy in this from a neutral point of view?

If Cameron et al had turned down the slap up dinner in favour of talking to veterans I would have praised them and so would you  but you are unable to offer one tiny bit of praise for Corbyn when he did it. 

Why would I offer up praise for someone wearing a poppy and speaking to veterans on Remembrance Sunday? It's the least I expect, has Corbyn reached a level so low in the public eye he actually deserves a pat on the back for putting as flower on his shirt and singing the anthem?

I wasn't even aware of his bow, I watched the service and it didn't occur to me, what I did see on my facebook timeline was a load of people from both sides trying to use the event as a political weapon, I saw everything from Corbyn looking scruffy to Boris Blood apparantly talking through the silence.

I hate the way Remembrance Day is now being politicised by both sides, it shouldn't be about that.

Edited by MattP