Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

Matt it was one MP in particular that mentioned the bow and the Sun published it. I agree the talking to veterans need not be mentioned but it is not public opinion of him being as much as  the opinion being put into their minds. Is the Sun that hard up for stories that they have to scrutinise Corbyns every move? With any luck they will get tired of it and publish proper stories.

Putting his politics aside I have respect for the way Corbyn has not reacted to personal attacks.

Matt it was one MP in particular that mentioned the bow and the Sun published it. I agree the talking to veterans need not be mentioned but it is not public opinion of him being as much as  the opinion being put into their minds. Is the Sun that hard up for stories that they have to scrutinise Corbyns every move? With any luck they will get tired of it and publish proper stories.

Putting his politics aside I have respect for the way Corbyn has not reacted to personal attacks.

The Sun is the The Sun, anyone who reads it I doubt takes a serious interest in politics anyway.

I hope they do stop scrutinising the way he looks and acts and instead start to actually scrutinise the things he is doing with regards to politics, he's appointed a couple of extremists in Seamus Milne and Andrew Fisher and he has serious questions to answer about whether these people should be anywhere near the top of a political party in Britain, the latter even encouraged people to vote for the Class War party, a party that openly states it wants to take power through violence, I've not heard a journalist ask him about these questions yet. I'd rather the Sun were asking him if this is really "new kind of politics" he wants rather than calling him for how low he bows his head.

I'd imagine he's not reacting because deep down he'd rather be mocked for his clothes rather than asked tough, robust questions about the sort of people he is surrounding himself with.

There was a link to a story in the Telegraph about a 7 year old blind girl who has been banned from using a white stick by  the school she attends but I thought this story would be better. It is of a woman who texted a friend to make a cake with a 'Wee Blond Girl' on but the autocorrect changed it to blind. So there is a girl figure with a white stick. The mother put it on Twitter  and it went viral.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11808382/Mother-accidentally-requests-wee-blind-girl-on-daughters-21st-Birthday-cake-after-autocorrect-fail.html

The main reason I decided against the other story is that the school wants to discuss the situation with the parents but it has gone to press before it can be resolved. The head teacher said it was a health and safety matter and she may trip other children or teachers up with the stick.. The Org that provided the stick says it is better for blind children to learn to be independent as  early as possible.

Very funny story on Have I Got News For You this week. Not sure if anybody saw it...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3320134/Father-films-Las-Vegas-trip-GoPro-lens-pointed-wrong-way.html

Irish father films his 'incredible' Las Vegas trip on GoPro camera given to him by his son... but he had the lens pointed the wrong way the ENTIRE time
  • Joseph P. Griffin inadvertently created hilar

lol lol lol

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/12018726/Katie-Hopkins-Students-stage-mass-walkout-in-protest-against-columnist.html

Katie Hopkins: Students stage mass walkout in protest against columnist
The controversial star had been invited to take part in a debate Brunel University on the subject of welfare

lol lol

Edited by Fox92

That's not Lenny Henry - THIS is Lenny Henry! Hilarious memes appear after ITV News illustrate a report on the comic's knighthood with footage of Ainsley Harriott

ITV News showed a clip of TV chef in Lenny Henry's knighthood interview

I accept that this might not be amusing to everyone....

MELBOURNE, Fla. — Brevard County deputies have determined that Matthew Riggins, 22, was killed by an alligator in Barefoot Bay lake on Nov. 23 while possibly hiding to avoid law enforcement.

Investigators say that Riggins had told his girlfriend he would be in Barefoot Bay to commit burglaries with another suspect who is now in custody but not cooperating with officials, according to Maj. Tod Goodyear with BCSO.

BCSO

An 11-foot alligator attacked and killed a robbery suspect in barefoot bay, according to Brevard County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies responded to calls in Barefoot Bay on Nov. 13 that there were two men dressed in black walking behind area houses, who ran from responding officers. Later that day, Riggins was reported missing to the Palm Bay Police Department.

USA TODAY

What would you do if a 10-ft gator knocked on your door?

Police searching the area reported hearing "yelling" but could not determine the source that night, Goodyear said. Ten days later, Riggins' body was found in the lake.

BCSO

Matthew Riggins was killed by an alligator after attempting to break into homes in Barefoot Bay, according to BCSO.

Sheriff's dive team members encountered an 11-foot alligator behaving aggressively while recovering the body, according to BCSO. "When the body was found, it had injuries that were consistent with an alligator attack," Goodyear said. "We had trappers euthanize the gator and when we opened it up, there were some remains inside that were consistent with injuries found on the body."

Riggins died from drowning and bites were discovered along his legs and body that led investigators to determine he had been dragged underwater by the massive animal.

Goodyear said that burglaries reported by snowbirds returning to their homes for the winter are being investigated in connection with Riggins and his unknown accomplice.

I guess crime doesn't pay...

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/dec/01/morrissey-wins-bad-sex-award-fiction-debut-novel-list-of-the-lost

The Bad Sex Award reached its climax on Tuesday night with singer Morrissey’s reference to a “bulbous salutation” in his debut novel helping him win the bad sex award.

Sex scenes in his book List of the Lost swayed the judges, it was announced at a lavish ceremony presented by Nancy Dell’Olio on Tuesday.

Established in 1993 by the Literary Review’s then editor, Auberon Waugh, the aim of the Bad Sex in Fiction awards is to draw attention to “poorly written, perfunctory or redundant passages of sexual description in modern fiction” with the hope of discouraging them.

The former Smiths vocalist’s first novel - he produced an autobiography in 2013 – was published by Penguin in September to negative reviews. It tells the story of four Boston relay runners who are cursed by an old man in the woods.

A scene involving Ezra, one of the athletes, and his girlfriend, Eliza, caught the attention of the judges and was the favourite to win when the shortlist was announced last month.

The scene in question reads: “At this, Eliza and Ezra rolled together into one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and pulled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone.”

The shortlist included The Martini Shot, by the celebrated screenwriter of The Wire, George Pelecanos (“I rubbed myself against her until she was wet as a waterslide”); Joshua Cohen’s Book of Numbers (“her breasts were like young fawns, sheep frolicking in hyssop”); and Before, During, After by Richard Bausch (“When she took him, still a little flaccid, into her mouth, he moaned, ‘Oh, lover’”).

Morrissey, who follows in the footsteps of Melvyn Bragg, Rachel Johnson and Sebastian Faulks in winning the backhanded honour, was unable to attend due to touring commitments. He was also unavailable for comment.

• 1 month later...

They asked for shampoo and got sex toys instead.

When the group of humorless anti-government militants occupying a federal bird sanctuary in remote eastern Oregon asked supporters to send them care packages, some pranksters sent them boxes of adult gifts.

“So we went and picked up some mail that came in from a lot of supporters,” Jon Ritzheimer, one of the militants, said in a video released on his Facebook page. “But along with that mail we got an abundance of hate mail.”

Ritzheimer stood in front of a table of opened packages in the video, pulling out a large sex toy and bags of candies in the shape of penises.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/oregon-militia-gag-gifts-dildos-article-1.2495329
  • Like 1