Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

54 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Calling security guards "officers" and them wearing a badge like a policeman's.

They take themselves way too seriously.

The elevation of job titles makes me laugh.

When did a ticket inspector become a "train manager"?

My wife used to have a clerical job. She was the only clerk in the office and had no elevated duties, yet her job title was "Senior Clerk". She used to joke that she was senior to the wastepaper basket.

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

The elevation of job titles makes me laugh.

When did a ticket inspector become a "train manager"?

My wife used to have a clerical job. She was the only clerk in the office and had no elevated duties, yet her job title was "Senior Clerk". She used to joke that she was senior to the wastepaper basket.

It seems like the 'in thing' these days and many Millennials won't get out of bed unless their first job tile is 'Director' or 'Executive' of this that or the other. 

It's all just about status and title for many of them. Some of the Tech companies I do work with have Directors who are in their early 20's and have next to no experience in business or managing people. It also makes me laugh too, but it's the world we live in I guess. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Millenials:  They all want to eat, none of them want to cook.

Beautifully put.

I'd call them self centered, egotistical, spoiled, entitled brats myself..

Guest seanfox778

There's a douchbag in my job who changes his business cards every now and again, first it was 'marketing manager' followed by 'marketing director' then he went with 'operations manager' and it's currently 'operations & business development manager'. He literally creates his own job titles and he's a glorified receptionist, he picks up the phone and takes bookings. 

4 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

There's a douchbag in my job who changes his business cards every now and again, first it was 'marketing manager' followed by 'marketing director' then he went with 'operations manager' and it's currently 'operations & business development manager'. He literally creates his own job titles and he's a glorified receptionist, he picks up the phone and takes bookings. 

You ought to get some business cards printed with his name on and job title "Glorified Receptionist / Douchebag" and leave them lying around.

Just make sure you're not spotted and that the printer cannot be identified. :D

• Like 3

Guest seanfox778
4 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

You ought to get some business cards printed with his name on and job title "Glorified Receptionist / Douchebag" and leave them lying around.

That is a smashing idea, I'm going to have to look into this haha.

24 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Alternatively if he leaves his stack on business cards on his desk, print just a couple that look identical to his, change the title to 'Glorified Receptionist' and slide them in just a few cards down from the top.

And then just wait for him to screw himself over when he hands them out unknowingly ;)

• Like 4

Guest seanfox778
4 minutes ago, Xen said:

Alternatively if he leaves his stack on business cards on his desk, print just a couple that look identical to his, change the title to 'Glorified Receptionist' and slide them in just a few cards down from the top.

And then just wait for him to screw himself over when he hands them out unknowingly ;)

Haha this would be spectacular.

I am currently dogsitting a family dog which has a habit of running off immediately after doing a shit like a guilty person fleeing from a crime scene.  All of this always happen while I am bending down to scoop it up which always cause me to be off-balance.  

15 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I am currently dogsitting a family dog which has a habit of running off immediately after doing a shit like a guilty person fleeing from a crime scene.  All of this always happen while I am bending down to scoop it up which always cause me to be off-balance.  

I get the feeling there is more to this story

• Like 1

Just now, Beliall said:

I get the feeling there is more to this story

Ha, sorry to disappoint you but I have not quite fall face first in her dog mess yet.  However the fact that I risk doing so does partly contribute to the annoyance but it is mostly the sense of having to clear up someone's mess when the said person ran off scot free rather literally.