Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Delivery companies. I called DHL today to get a laptop sent back to my old employer. I just wanted a rough estimate of the cost. Apparently they don't have a database of items and their rough weight/size. Despite shipping thousands of items a day.

Why would I have a scale with me to weigh the laptop? Surely they would have some idea about the typical cost.

18 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We only got the homebuyer report rather than full survey, which did highlight issues which we just kind of glossed over thinking we'll sort them out in the future. 

Now we're in and them issues need resolving quicker than we imagined. We've got a baby due in December so just wanted to have our own place before then so we probably rushed our decision when she should probably have insisted the vendor resolve these issues. 

Its more the stress rather than the actual issues, worrying about every little thing and how much it's going to cost. Life was simpler when renting. 

A lot of the time a full survey will not show up things that are potentially major issues such as damp which is very easy to hide. What it will show is if there is a major structural fault or whether there are any by laws that you may or may not need to adhere to.

I remember something that cropped up last time i moved was some sort of 'chuch tax' i cant remember its correct name but essentially by law if the local church got badly damaged, me, as a parishioner would have to help contribute to its repairs. To avoid this i could take out an 'insurance policy' against this.

As you can imagine i told them to bollocks and have no intention what so ever of contributing to a damaged church law or not. 

15 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

As you can imagine i told them to bollocks and have no intention what so ever of contributing to a damaged church law or not. 

It doesn't come up often, but http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/mid/3023276.stm

Court ruled in the church's favour, and the couple had to sell their house. 

£800 tax rebait! Yes I'm annoyed! Same job for over 10 years, same perks for 20 years and my tax code still changes at least 4 times a year and I complain twice a year with no avail. Just shoot me as I step out the door as I'm a tax machine. No wonder every government fails to recognise the middle England crisis and every vote including brexit bites them on the arse. I am only one of the silent millions born here and working my tits off without even a day off SCHOOL or WORK in my life!

3 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

£800 tax rebait! Yes I'm annoyed! Same job for over 10 years, same perks for 20 years and my tax code still changes at least 4 times a year and I complain twice a year with no avail. Just shoot me as I step out the door as I'm a tax machine. No wonder every government fails to recognise the middle England crisis and every vote including brexit bites them on the arse. I am only one of the silent millions born here and working my tits off without even a day off SCHOOL or WORK in my life!

Bet you had one day off ...  c'mon ...   be honest ...

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

When people cant tell the difference between a month and 4 weeks.

My friends due date is November 21st (which happens to be my birthday) and she has just put on facebook '4 weeks until due date'

NO IT'S ****ING NOT

Don't knock it.  When I was a student I got the best part of a month's rent free as the landlord was happy to accept that every month is made up of 4 weeks.

He was an art teacher, and for all I know a very good one

17 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Don't knock it.  When I was a student I got the best part of a month's rent free as the landlord was happy to accept that every month is made up of 4 weeks.

He was an art teacher, and for all I know a very good one

But if you're paying your months rent every four weeks then you're making 13 payments a year instead of 12, so you're actually paying an extra one???!

21 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

When people cant tell the difference between a month and 4 weeks.

My friends due date is November 21st (which happens to be my birthday) and she has just put on facebook '4 weeks until due date'

NO IT'S ****ING NOT

I wouldnt be so annoyed if she wasnt breeding.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Can you elaborate on this a bit?  It's what they call themselves, and it's not an internationally recognized state, so...

To my mind, call them simply Islamic State or Daesh. 

So called Kurds?

So called Welsh?

So called Donald Trump ?

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that most people are intelligent enough to know that IS is not a recognised state and won't be putting a synchronised swimming team together for the next Olympics

Edited by Mike Oxlong

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

To my mind, call them simply Islamic State or Daesh. 

So called Kurds?

So called Welsh?

So called Donald Trump ?

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that most people are intelligent enough to know that IS is not a recognised state and won't be putting a synchronised swimming team together for the next Olympics

But I suppose in the same way the news had to say that bloke allegedly stole that Venetian blind, even though it was blindingly obvious, they can't be seen to be referring to Islamic State as just that because it's not an internationally recognised state.