Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

9 minutes ago, Barky said:

Had similar problems with PC world staff, once they outright refused to sell me a computer without some back up service they wanted £15 more. They must be making no profit at all on the computers themselves if they'll walk away from a sale worth hundreds over a £15 back up service.

I think it's due to their price match promise, the only way they can compete with online retailers like ebuyer which don't have actual stores is by selling extras, which is fair enough but it's ridiculous that they lie to customers to try and make sales.

Edited by matty98

9 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I think it's due to their price match promise, the only way they can compete with online retailers like ebuyer which don't have actual stores is by selling extras, which is fair enough but it's ridiculous that they lie to customers to try and make sales.

In a decade or so there will may be no shops like this, just everything bought online as it's so much cheaper.

If you your computer breaks down; no problem, just go on line and get another one delivered dirt cheap.

:) ..:huh:..:blink:..:|

28 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

In a decade or so there will may be no shops like this, just everything bought online as it's so much cheaper.

If you your computer breaks down; no problem, just go on line and get another one delivered dirt cheap.

:) ..:huh:..:blink:..:|

Just use one at the librar... oh.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Currys PC World by any chance?

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Of course lol

Just got a PC there a a month or so ago ...    they wanted all my details including address etc and I just said no ...     when asked why they said it was required for proof of purchase if I brought it back ...    I said what about the receipt ...    then they had to have it cus they couldn't put the sale through on the till without it ...        I was actually starting to leave when they called me back and said they may have a way round it ...    they put X's in every field.    If I wasn't in a rush, and that was exactly the laptop I wanted, and at a good price, I would have told them exactly where to shove it ...     up your XXXX mate !! 

20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just got a PC there a a month or so ago ...    they wanted all my details including address etc and I just said no ...     when asked why they said it was required for proof of purchase if I brought it back ...    I said what about the receipt ...    then they had to have it cus they couldn't put the sale through on the till without it ...        I was actually starting to leave when they called me back and said they may have a way round it ...    they put X's in every field.    If I wasn't in a rush, and that was exactly the laptop I wanted, and at a good price, I would have told them exactly where to shove it ...     up your XXXX mate !! 

Well which one is it?  I'd have thought a seasoned serial killer would be well practised at keeping their stories straight.

i went actual going out in the day leaving yer bed shopping yesterday for the first time in about 5 years and it wasn't as bad as i thought tbf. still dunno why anyone in the world wouldnt just online the shit out of everything tho. you can do it from your toilet and get it brought to your kitchen in less than 24 hours. 21st fuc king century mate. 

You know what really grinds my gears? Pescetarians!

They won't eat meat, but they'll eat seafood. Whats the point? do they think fish grow on trees?

Every Christmas eve i cook a Paella for the whole family (long standing tradition, not really sure where it started), but this year i cant put any chicken or rabbit in it as my cousin's new girlfriend is a pescetarian.

15 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

You know what really grinds my gears? Pescetarians!

They won't eat meat, but they'll eat seafood. Whats the point? do they think fish grow on trees?

Every Christmas eve i cook a Paella for the whole family (long standing tradition, not really sure where it started), but this year i cant put any chicken or rabbit in it as my cousin's new girlfriend is a pescetarian.

I know a few people who've done it for health reasons. I ate only fish for a couple of months when I lived in Sicily and felt a lot fitter than when I was eating loads of meat.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

I know a few people who've done it for health reasons. I ate only fish for a couple of months when I lived in Sicily and felt a lot fitter than when I was eating loads of meat.

Yeah I love seafood and would quite happily live on it but my son has a shellfish allergy, which is a massive ballache. Bangers and mash it is then :(

19 hours ago, bovril said:

I get that some people do it for health reasons, it's the people who become pescetarians because "it's cruel to eat animals".

What do they think fish are??

Guest seanfox778

Christmas hangovers. I don't know how people can go out multiple nights in a row, I want to go out this evening for the Christmas festivities but I could barely shower this morning and now I just want to lounge about and eat stuff. Fair play to all of you that can do drinking again on a hangover, it's one thing I've never been able to master.  

Just now, seanfox778 said:

Christmas hangovers. I don't know how people can go out multiple nights in a row, I want to go out this evening for the Christmas festivities but I could barely shower this morning and now I just want to lounge about and eat stuff. Fair play to all of you that can do drinking again on a hangover, it's one thing I've never been able to master.  

You need hair of the dog.

And cocaine

Guest seanfox778
58 minutes ago, Beliall said:

You need hair of the dog.

And cocaine

I just need to lay down with some Quality Street but there's none in the house, not sure what kind of operation my mother is running here but she needs to sort her s*** out asap.

Just now, seanfox778 said:

I just need to lay down with some Quality Street but there's none in the house, not sure what kind of operation my mother is running here but she needs to sort her s*** out asap.

There'll be no gravy on tomorrows dinner at this rate

2 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

It's a perception thing. Just don't acknowledge the hangover and refuse to feel sorry for yourself. I don't do it anymore but it's a case of kidding yourself and fronting it out. You soon actually feel better. 

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
Just now, The People's Hero said:

It's a perception thing. Just don't acknowledge the hangover and refuse to feel sorry for yourself. I don't do it anymore but it's a case of kidding yourself and fronting it out. You soon actually feel better. 

Thanks, I've managed to move from my sofa and now I'm on my friends sofa watching Home Alone 2. I'm content now and ready for a new day haha.

4 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

The key to success is Port and Brandy. ;)

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

100% this. Get your ass up out of bed, big glass of water with some paracetamol and get out and about. You gotta ride through shit or it'll get a hold of you!!