Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

What job makes me more 'risky' for the purposes of car insurance?

The insurance companies have lots of data, they know how likely each type of job is to produce a claim. I'd imagine a Funeral Director is less likely to claim than a Wedding DJ. Factor in age, gender, education, location etc and they have a very detailed analysis of your likelihood to claim.

On 18/12/2016 at 22:57, Royston. said:

so if you switch jobs but dont let them know you could be driving around uninsured?

On 18/12/2016 at 23:10, potter3 said:

Yup

They'll still cover you third party or when you claim make you pay the difference in premium. Even changing your date of birth to make you seem older won't mean you're uninsured as the company will still cover you third party. Bit annoying for me when I come across it mind

Over planning.

I like to be organised but people who overplan for no reason, tell you the plans and go on, and on, and on, and on, and on....

In the end I turn into a nodding dog, showing the whites of my eyes....

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barky said:

When you see yourself in a clothes shop changing room mirror for the first time in months and realise how much of a fat **** you've become.

Just means you have been eating nice stuff and living the dream. Being thin is over rated anyway lol 

Edited by kingcarr21

6 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Old people and technology.

I have had to explain to my Dad how WiFi works on his phone so he can turn his data off so he isn't roaming.

Sorry, MC, but for reasons of age I'm with your Dad on this one.

With a bit of luck one day you too will reach the stage where your brain turns from a sponge into a sieve! 

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Xmas food shopping - fvck that. Angry wives, stressed husbands and out of control, hyper kids. 

No wonder me and my family got so many strange looks this morning..

I went to Tesco after work on Monday at about 7pm and it was near enough empty. Beautiful stuff, I glided up the isles. 

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I went to Tesco after work on Monday at about 7pm and it was near enough empty. Beautiful stuff, I glided up the isles. 

Smart move. In hindsight we should have gone this evening when it quieter. Massive school boy error on my part today.

1 hour ago, Barky said:

When you see yourself in a clothes shop changing room mirror for the first time in months and realise how much of a fat **** you've become.

Those mirrors magnify. that's what I tell myself anyway

unless I'm naked

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just means you have been eating nice stuff and living the dream. Being thin is over rated anyway lol 

Would love to say it's all fine foods and ale but in reality is just from sitting on my arse at work all day eating Lidl custard creams.

Pushy sales staff, just been to get a laptop which I reserved so assumed I could just pay for it and go, had some salesman telling me I had to have a protection plan on it for a monthly fee, I said I didn't want it yet he insisted it was just "something they do", another salesman overheard and luckily intervened and explained I didn't need to have it at all, absolute joke. Then to make it worse he asked me 3 times if I wanted to purchase some anti-virus software for it which I didn't. He even had the nerve to make some remarks under his breath. Wish I'd gotten his name so I could make a complaint but unfortunately was in a rush.

24 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Pushy sales staff, just been to get a laptop which I reserved so assumed I could just pay for it and go, had some salesman telling me I had to have a protection plan on it for a monthly fee, I said I didn't want it yet he insisted it was just "something they do", another salesman overheard and luckily intervened and explained I didn't need to have it at all, absolute joke. Then to make it worse he asked me 3 times if I wanted to purchase some anti-virus software for it which I didn't. He even had the nerve to make some remarks under his breath. Wish I'd gotten his name so I could make a complaint but unfortunately was in a rush.

Currys PC World by any chance?

Had similar problems with PC world staff, once they outright refused to sell me a computer without some back up service they wanted £15 more. They must be making no profit at all on the computers themselves if they'll walk away from a sale worth hundreds over a £15 back up service.