Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Not being able to tell the difference between feeling sick and feeling starving

I got suspected food poisoning on Friday and spent all Friday night and Saturday vomitting and squirting gallons of bog water. I've had 3 slices of toast today and an orange (kept them down so far) and now my stomach is going mental. Don't know whether to try eating again

24 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I got suspected food poisoning on Friday and spent all Friday night and Saturday vomitting and squirting gallons of bog water. I've had 3 slices of toast today and an orange (kept them down so far) and now my stomach is going mental. Don't know whether to try eating again

Speaking as someone who is regularly badly hungover I'd say you are definitely hungry. Salty oven chips are in order. 

Edited by bovril

23 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

if it is food poisoning, bananas, rice, applesauce and toast is what you should eat until you get to some kind of normality in your digestive system. you need to clean your insides out of all the bad toxins and bacteria from whatever the bad food was. Lots of water as well. 

Since when did black friday become anything other than a one day thing?

Seen so many adverts for extended black friday deals, one even said 10 days. It's bad enough it exists, we don't need 10 days of this consumerist bullshit.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Since when did black friday become anything other than a one day thing?

Seen so many adverts for extended black friday deals, one even said 10 days. It's bad enough it exists, we don't need 10 days of this consumerist bullshit.

i think i heard on the radio that black friday will no longer be a one day thing in the uk and it will be increased to 2 weeks.

Nickelodeon. (kids tv in general)

What has happened to good shows. Back in the day it was all about teens getting into mischief (Kenan and Kel, Sister Sister, Sabrina the teenage witch etc.) All good shows especially Kenan and Kel.

Now, oh my word there is some utter dross. My daughter is 10 so has now gone from Disney Channel (Don't get me started on that pile of shite, every show is about singing and dancing) to Nickelodeon. You have never seen such awful acting. There is a program called The Thundermans. It's embarrassing to see such dross.

Cartoons now as well aren't what they used to be. Bring back Hey Arnold, Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo. I would much rather sit and watch my sons 'Baby TV' channel than my daughters TV shows. I've shown my daughter clips of Kenan and Kel and she has laughed her head off. I feel sorry for the tosh that kids have to watch.

God i sound like an old man lol 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Interview nerves.

Got one on Tuesday but have worry at back of mind over how I'll come across and whether they like me.

Perfectly natural that you're nervous mate. But that's a good sign as it proves you care and that you want the job. You can't really control if they like you or not so just be your natural, authentic self and if they don't like you then it's not to be. People can try too hard to be something they're not in interviews and it just comes across as incongruent. So relax, enjoy the conversation and be the best version of you. Good luck :thumbup:

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Nickelodeon. (kids tv in general)

What has happened to good shows. Back in the day it was all about teens getting into mischief (Kenan and Kel, Sister Sister, Sabrina the teenage witch etc.) All good shows especially Kenan and Kel.

Now, oh my word there is some utter dross. My daughter is 10 so has now gone from Disney Channel (Don't get me started on that pile of shite, every show is about singing and dancing) to Nickelodeon. You have never seen such awful acting. There is a program called The Thundermans. It's embarrassing to see such dross.

Cartoons now as well aren't what they used to be. Bring back Hey Arnold, Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo. I would much rather sit and watch my sons 'Baby TV' channel than my daughters TV shows. I've shown my daughter clips of Kenan and Kel and she has laughed her head off. I feel sorry for the tosh that kids have to watch.

God i sound like an old man lol 

Kenan and Kel, Sister Sister and Sabrina were all bullshit! Hey Arnold was dogshit, Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo were ok. I think you only remember them fondly because you were a kid when you watched them and kids just like any TV shows. That's why it was really exciting when a science teacher would wheel out the massive TV at school even if you were about to watch a programme about bunsen burners

I bet you were a fan of this catshit too

39 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Kenan and Kel, Sister Sister and Sabrina were all bullshit! Hey Arnold was dogshit, Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo were ok. I think you only remember them fondly because you were a kid when you watched them and kids just like any TV shows. That's why it was really exciting when a science teacher would wheel out the massive TV at school even if you were about to watch a programme about bunsen burners

I bet you were a fan of this catshit too

Don't even know what that is.

My daughter has even said the stuff i used to watch is better. I just send her to her room to watch it lol 

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

People on Autotrader. 

Trying to sell my "girlfriends" Mini Cooper S priced it very reasonable on Autotrader and 3 times the same person has messaged me. 

First of all they offered me £1500 lower than what it's up for then they went £1350 lower now just had one for £1200 less than what I want. 

• Like 1