Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Guest seanfox778

This weird sugar tax, I like a Coca Cola every now and again, Coke Zero and Diet Coke taste awful. All of it is bad for you but now it’s as if the latter are being promoted as better for you because it contains no sugar, surely the alternative chemical additives are just as bad as sugar but in different ways. 

7 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

“Less is more” how does that work?

That which is less complicated is often better understood and more appreciated than what is more complicated; simplicity is preferable to complexity; brevity in communication is more effective than verbosity.

Got it now ? ...    :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

This weird sugar tax, I like a Coca Cola every now and again, Coke Zero and Diet Coke taste awful. All of it is bad for you but now it’s as if the latter are being promoted as better for you because it contains no sugar, surely the alternative chemical additives are just as bad as sugar but in different ways. 

Don’t know for sure but I’d rather drink a little bit of aspartame than literally half a can full of refined sugar 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Not sure what the point of it is, as if people are going to stop drinking Coke because it's gone up by 8 pence?

7 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

Too many fat fookers ...   and in particular too many fat fookin kids ...    basically child abuse !! ...   governmental attempt to reduce the incidence of these waddling great tubs of lard on our streets ...

Got it now ? ...   :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Don’t know for sure but I’d rather drink a little bit of aspartame than literally half a can full of refined sugar 

Hang on Rog ...  you haven't mentioned the fookin Tories ...   you going a bit soft ??! ...   :mellow:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Hang on Rog ...  you haven't mentioned the fookin Tories ...   you going a bit soft ??! ...   :mellow:

Well it’s ironic isn’t it, we on the left get accused of trying to tell people how to behave, yet here the Tories are telling us we’re all too thick to decide what we should and shouldn’t drink.

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

Well it’s ironic isn’t it, we on the left get accused of trying to tell people how to behave, yet here the Tories are telling us we’re all too thick to decide what we should and shouldn’t drink.

Good lad ! ...   normal service has been resumed ...   :)

Guest seanfox778
53 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Too many fat fookers ...   and in particular too many fat fookin kids ...    basically child abuse !! ...   governmental attempt to reduce the incidence of these waddling great tubs of lard on our streets ...

Got it now ? ...   :thumbup:

Yes lol

I just think that if they’re so concerned why don’t they ban fizzy drinks altogether, seems an easy cash grab for them. The zero sugar drinks are not good for anyone but I can imagine people thinking it’s ok to supply their kids with loads of it thinking it’s better for them. 

1 hour ago, seanfox778 said:

This weird sugar tax, I like a Coca Cola every now and again, Coke Zero and Diet Coke taste awful. All of it is bad for you but now it’s as if the latter are being promoted as better for you because it contains no sugar, surely the alternative chemical additives are just as bad as sugar but in different ways

With the exception of poly-alcohols like xylitol which can cause diarrhoea, no. 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Not sure what the point of it is, as if people are going to stop drinking Coke because it's gone up by 8 pence?

Drinks companies think so, they have significantly reduced sugar in many drinks already - the tax earnings expected are half what they would have been.

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Drinks companies think so, they have significantly reduced sugar in many drinks already - the tax earnings expected are half what they would have been.

If the drinks companies are cutting the sugar its working already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

If the drinks companies are cutting the sugar its working already.

Yeah but Lipton Ice Tea I used to have as a treat every now and then. They've cut out loads of the sugar and replaced it with steviol and now it tastes proper nasty, not even remotely nice. Will never buy it again

Lucozade now tastes like own-brand garbage since they replaced most of the glucose too. I'd rather just have paid the extra to have nice drinks

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah but Lipton Ice Tea I used to have as a treat every now and then. They've cut out loads of the sugar and replaced it with steviol and now it tastes proper nasty, not even remotely nice. Will never buy it again

Lucozade now tastes like own-brand garbage since they replaced most of the glucose too. I'd rather just have paid the extra to have nice drinks

The idea is to change people's behaviour. Now you might say I'm an adult and if I want sugar that's my business, fair enough, I have som e sympathy with that but if people are always demanding that the govt solve every problem then they have to accept it sometimes when they don't like the solution.

• Like 1