Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I dont mind dogs as pets but would never have one. I dislike fur all over the house and how lots of dog owners dont pick up poo. Heck even when i see a dog crap on my lawn and the owner picks it up i dont want to ever let my kids play on it or cut the effer lol. I even feel like telling the dog owner to fck off and let the dog shiz on their own lawn. I have issues lol.

I know all sorts of  creatures  (raccoons, rabbits  etc) shiz on lawns but you dont normally see one on a leash squating over your lawn and dropping logs.

Seeing as every other person has a dog these days could we just send those irresponsible dog owners to south korea dressed as a dog? :)

35 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I dont mind dogs as pets but would never have one. I dislike fur all over the house and how lots of dog owners dont pick up poo. Heck even when i see a dog crap on my lawn and the owner picks it up i dont want to ever let my kids play on it or cut the effer lol. I even feel like telling the dog owner to fck off and let the dog shiz on their own lawn. I have issues lol.

Nothing wrong with that, I've got a dog and you get a bit of warning before they drop a log. I'd never let it shit on someone else's property, and if I saw someone letting their dog shit on my drive I'd have a word even if they did pick it up

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

I know all sorts of  creatures  (raccoons, rabbits  etc) shiz on lawns but you dont normally see one on a leash squating over your lawn and dropping logs.

Seeing as every other person has a dog these days could we just send those irresponsible dog owners to south korea dressed as a dog? :)

Wtf are dogs doing shitting on your lawn? That is wrong. 

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Wtf are dogs doing shitting on your lawn? That is wrong. 

Half the time the dog is walking the owner and so starts sniffing the grass and decides "ohh lovely grass lets have a shiz on it". Instead of getting the dog to do it on the walkway/sidewalk i suppose they figure its better on the grass. 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That skoda advert with Paloma Faith in. Christ her voice goes through me

Don't understand why she's popular, ****ing annoying to hear and look at. It seems to be more of an advert for Paloma Faith than Skoda as well, bizarre

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Her singing voice is annoying, but still a million times less annoying the her talking voice. She just sounds incredibly thick.

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Don't understand why she's popular, ****ing annoying to hear and look at. It seems to be more of an advert for Paloma Faith than Skoda as well, bizarre

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Her singing voice is annoying, but still a million times less annoying the her talking voice. She just sounds incredibly thick.

Haven't seen the advert in question, but she's always been my 'weird crush'. Her voice would ultimately drive me insane and we'd both end up in bits so it's probably for the best that we never meet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest MattP

The desire to see everyone suffer from a mental health problem even when it probably isn't one.

I've just watched a segment on Victoria Derbyshire that covered the subject quite well, until we got onto young people, one of whom started to talk about the stress of their exams and the worry it was putting them under, that is surely not a now classified as having mental health problems? That's just a normal worry that most people have growing up at some point.

If we carry on like this I think the people with genuine mental health problems might end up being overlooked.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/citizen-times/obituary.aspx?n=timothy-benjamin-whitmire&pid=188605142&

Friend of a family friend.

What grinds my gears about this is the religious imagery used in this obit and in the comments when that same imagery and belief is (in my opinion, given what I know about what happened) almost directly responsible for that obit having to be written in the first place. A little more understanding from his folks and he might still be here.

Edited by leicsmac

5 hours ago, MattP said:

The desire to see everyone suffer from a mental health problem even when it probably isn't one.

I've just watched a segment on Victoria Derbyshire that covered the subject quite well, until we got onto young people, one of whom started to talk about the stress of their exams and the worry it was putting them under, that is surely not a now classified as having mental health problems? That's just a normal worry that most people have growing up at some point.

If we carry on like this I think the people with genuine mental health problems might end up being overlooked.

Your last paragraph completely sums up how I feel.

Somewhat related - I know someone who worked for a well known female lifestyle/fashion magazine who was approached by a celeb's publicist advising that the celeb was suffering from depression which the mag duly reported. Turned out to be complete BS created to excuse some bad behaviour by the celeb (was never told who it was unfortunately, would love to have known).  Their behaviour was, at best, ignorant and, at worst, sick.

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Your last paragraph completely sums up how I feel.

Somewhat related - I know someone who worked for a well known female lifestyle/fashion magazine who was approached by a celeb's publicist advising that the celeb was suffering from depression which the mag duly reported. Turned out to be complete BS created to excuse some bad behaviour by the celeb (was never told who it was unfortunately, would love to have known).  Their behaviour was, at best, ignorant and, at worst, sick.

It's certainly become very fashionable for a lot of the rich and famous - and vital for people like Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey so they get send to the Betty Ford clinic rather than prison.

There was a weird stage a few years ago when all the celebs kept fighting for pages in the rags claiming they had Malaria as well.