Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Of course. The big thing over here in Canada is that whenever they or delivery men come into your house they put these so called fabric type socks over their shoes.  They need to keep their boots on for safety/insurance reasons which I can understand. 

The thing is those sock things look dirty as they are. I had one bloke come by who put them on when he came in then walked outside with it on and came back in! Wtf mate? lol

Charge me for the fcuker if you need to but a fresh new pair when you come inside my house thanks.

They have disposable plastic overshoes here but not many carry them.

Every slight scandal becoming gate is annoying. Cricketgate. No they are just cheating fockers that finally got caught. Nixon was a twat but it's decades ago. There's been thousands of gates enough already..... Left the toilet seat up again toilet gate. Was late home didn't call phonegate rant over. Rantgate. Off and fock

Gears grinded.

Edited by desertfox2
Ground gears
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Webbo said:

I have Alexa on my tablet. It was quite fun when I first got it but I hardly ever use it now.

I have it on my sonos one and barely ever use it. It’s crap for music as it selects the wrong source constantly and then wonders why it can’t find my playlist. It’s useful for turning the radio on, and volume control. That’s it.

2 hours ago, Wookie said:

I probably laugh at Wymsey’s posts more than anybody else’s, the majority of the time I don’t think they’re meant to be funny as he’s like a foxestalk Alan Partridge 

I love wymse. If I was to meet him I’d get him in a friendly headlock and give him

a monkey rub and I bet he would love it.

top lad @Wymeswold fox

• Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 13:14, Finnegan said:

I get making a joke account for a laugh for a few days but adopting these weird identities to troll the forum for months on end, not really sure where the fun lies personally but hey ho.  

Pretty much exactly what you did with the FRYATT12 account though wasn't it?!

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

Every slight scandal becoming gate is annoying. Cricketgate. No they are just cheating fockers that finally got caught. Nixon was a twat but it's decades ago. There's been thousands of gates enough already..... Left the toilet seat up again toilet gate. Was late home didn't call phonegate rant over. Rantgate. Off and fock

Gears grinded.

lol I can appreciate this post.

6 hours ago, Buce said:

Animals.

I insist on tradesmen taking off their shoes when they come to do work in the house, and you'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) how many have a problem with it.

We are not allowed under health and safety, steel toe caps yada yada. I always have clean overshoes though as a compromise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Gears grinded.

When I was a kid, the parents of a lad in my class ran a country pub called The Gate (true story).

One night, under cover of darkness, someone handy with a screwdriver nicked the gate of the pub.

The incident became known locally as Gategategate (that bit might not be quite so true).

57 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

When I was a kid, the parents of a lad in my class ran a country pub called The Gate (true story).

One night, under cover of darkness, someone handy with a screwdriver nicked the gate of the pub.

The incident became known locally as Gategategate (that bit might not be quite so true).

FakeNewsGate ....    Hashtag/whopper ...   gate.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'm calling BSgate.on the gategategate

Listening to a student moan that they have to "work for free" when what they mean is show up to their placement in a reduced role under supervision as part of the course that they're on...  Indeed the conversation went:

"It sucks I have to do 2 night-shifts next week (NB: By this they mean reduced-hour night shifts to make up for hours lost from the coming bank holidays), normally I'd be getting paid double for it but I have to do it for free."

"Isn't it part of your education though, so it's not really 'working for free'?"

"Well no, I have to work for 30 hours each week without getting paid."

"For what reason?  Why do you have to show up to work if you aren't getting paid?"

"It's part of my placement so I have to work for free."

/Changes subject before the stupid becomes contagious.

Such victim, many hardship, wow.

People who say "retro" when they mean "vintage" or "old"

Retro means it mimics something of the past. There's an advert for Barratt's sweets at the moment which is fvcking annoying, then at the end it says something like "all your retro favourites". None of those sweets are retro, they've been making the same shit for years.

It's just about as annoying as when people say "literally" when they mean "nearly" or "definitely didn't"