Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Constant spam or scam callers. According to these guys, I'm nearly always in accidents and the HMRC are going to sue me for thousands. I've had quite the sh*tty year.

I get 2 or 3 a day and it's getting worse. I literally have a blocked list of hundreds of numbers.

I no longer answer calls from numbers I don't recognise... Instead decline the call and immediately Google the number. Chances are it's bollocks.

About 10-15 years ago my account was in my dad's name, and they nearly always address me as him - this tells me that my old phone provider, O2, sold this information to third parties when I left them many years ago. This really grinds my gears (not to mention breaks all sorts of data protection legislation)

I don't get quite as many as you, but I get a few every week, usually from 'Microsoft' who have magically detected a virus on my PC, or ironically people calling me to sign up to a 'free' service to stop nuisance calls (though they strangely seem to want my credit card details for this 'free' service). They seem unaware that the TPS already exists.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The insane amount of adverts before a live itv stream starts on their website. 

There's adverts in your programme, why do you force a mandatory 3 minute ad break just to kick off ffs? 

The amount of adverts that are forced on your eyes on almost every live streaming or video service is absolutely infuriating. Watching some videos on YouTube the adverts are longer than the video!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The insane amount of adverts before a live itv stream starts on their website. 

There's adverts in your programme, why do you force a mandatory 3 minute ad break just to kick off ffs? 

ITV Hub is just garbage full stop. The BBC has many faults but their iPlayer shits all over their rivals' efforts in terms of quality, functionality and overall viewer experience.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

ITV Hub is just garbage full stop. The BBC has many faults but their iPlayer shits all over their rivals' efforts in terms of quality, functionality and overall viewer experience.

I find All 4 to be better than iPlayer, not least of which because it has a far, far greater amount of programmes available. It annoys me a touch that I have paid a licence fee for the BBC to create their programmes, but I can't access the vast majority of them.

1 minute ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

I find All 4 to be better than iPlayer, not least of which because it has a far, far greater amount of programmes available. It annoys me a touch that I have paid a licence fee for the BBC to create their programmes, but I can't access the vast majority of them.

All 4 is good. Like dipping into the Peep Show back catalogue. But it doesn't allow me to watch live like iPlayer can, at least not on chromecast which is what I watch it on.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

All 4 is good. Like dipping into the Peep Show back catalogue. But it doesn't allow me to watch live like iPlayer can, at least not on chromecast which is what I watch it on.

I've been watching 'Lipstick on your Collar' again, having discovered it's on there. From 1993!

All they need to do now is add all the episodes of Sticky Moments and Eurotrash and I'll be a very happy man

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Commentators saying a player was "too honest" or "should've gone down". Because yeah what we need in football is more cheating. 

Literally the exact same commentators complaining about diving. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Posters here with self-aggrandizing names. I'm sure you can work out the culprits. 

Had to Google the meaning of that mate I'll be honest :D

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Is that somehow my fault? :)

No, I'm just a thick twat :)

Your range of vocabulary is mightily impressive I must say :thumbup:

34 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Posters here with self-aggrandizing names. I'm sure you can work out the culprits. 

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It doesn't make me clever, it means both my parents are linguists.

Were they American, too? :whistle:

• Like 1

People who sign off their e-mail with just the word 'Best'

Best what?

Best wishes? Best regards? Best of luck? Best foot forward?

It's lazy and common and doesn't make you look cool so stop it now.

17 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

People who sign off their e-mail with just the word 'Best'

Best what?

Best wishes? Best regards? Best of luck? Best foot forward?

It's lazy and common and doesn't make you look cool so stop it now.

580024910.thumb.jpg.bd27e05ea6361884f76ce23409b6be7c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1