Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 26/06/2018 at 14:18, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hermes are atrocious, I've had loads of parcels just dumped outside my door without them being told to do so. The best was when they put a parcel in a ****ing full recycling bin on collection day.

DPD are the kings of the delivery game, love them guys. I've paid extra to get some stuff delivered by them over Hermes before.

Absolutely. Delivery tracking to the highest order and so many options if you're not in. 

Hermes drivers are absolute morons.

28 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Absolutely. Delivery tracking to the highest order and so many options if you're not in. 

Hermes drivers are absolute morons.

I don't think any of them are employed by Hermes are they?

I assumed all their deliveries are sub contacted to anyone with a car and a pulse...

9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I assumed all their deliveries are sub contacted to anyone with a car and a pulse...

I suppose it's possible some of them might.

Unlikely, but possible.

Customers at work who think it's ok to shout, scream and swear at me because they're not happy with the company I work for. I get that the company makes mistakes, but it really isn't my fault, I'm trying my best and I'm just there to earn a living. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Customers at work who think it's ok to shout, scream and swear at me because they're not happy with the company I work for. I get that the company makes mistakes, but it really isn't my fault, I'm trying my best and I'm just there to earn a living. 

I see this quite a bit on my commute. The unreliability of the trains is extremely annoying but it's not the fault of the station staff and some of the abuse they have to put up with is appalling. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You still had ****ing Internet when you got home, suck it up princess. 

Four-Yorkshiremen-monty-python-17725235-

I’ve been 3 weeks now without internet, my tv, my music all internet supplied and Ive bolted on mobile data to the tune of £60. Somebody save me from this hell.

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

I see this quite a bit on my commute. The unreliability of the trains is extremely annoying but it's not the fault of the station staff and some of the abuse they have to put up with is appalling. 

We all agree parking wardens are cùnts though right?

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah they are self employed and are paid about 50p/60p a parcel whilst using their own car, fuel etc...take out the overheads and they're not even getting minimum wage.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Being spammed by charities putting endless collection bags through my letter box. There is only so much bric-a-brac and old pairs shoes a person can have. And whenever I do leave something out for them, they never come to collect.

They make really handy recycling bags. I have a box in the garden for bottles/cans etc, use those charity bags to move them to the recycling wheelie bin on the front

**** them for mass-producing plastic bags and shoving them through everyone's ****ing doors, tbh. 

in fact, in this modern day of online social media and everything **** anyone mass producing leaflets, flyers, menus, etc. and posting them through people's front doors. 

****ing archaic wasteful bullshit. 

I bag up my old clothes / unwanted stuff in a re-usable bag / backpack and walk it down the local charity shop. 

if I want a takeaway I go online and look at the ****ing menu. 

nothing ****s me off more than this bullshit. 

22 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

**** them for mass-producing plastic bags and shoving them through everyone's ****ing doors, tbh. 

in fact, in this modern day of online social media and everything **** anyone mass producing leaflets, flyers, menus, etc. and posting them through people's front doors. 

****ing archaic wasteful bullshit. 

I bag up my old clothes / unwanted stuff in a re-usable bag / backpack and walk it down the local charity shop. 

if I want a takeaway I go online and look at the ****ing menu. 

nothing ****s me off more than this bullshit. 

This is your biggest grievance in the whole wide world? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wookie said:

This is your biggest grievance in the whole wide world? lol

i got a few tbf but how wasteful we are as a society is ****ing nuts.

plastic bags, plastic bottles, littering, etc. 

people are so ****ing thoughtless / selfish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I know the country is experiencing big problems with many rape cases etc, but this is just frankly very weird, alongside obviously sad, and certainly shouldn't happen in 2018.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-44673761

Most horrific stuff in that country never hits the news mate.  The stuff you hear about isn't even eye twitching.

On 29/06/2018 at 20:21, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Being spammed by charities putting endless collection bags through my letter box. There is only so much bric-a-brac and old pairs shoes a person can have. And whenever I do leave something out for them, they never come to collect.

When we moved to England back aways... we were gobsmacked by this..such a waste of time resources and all round stuff... there's a fvcking Op Shop on every corner, so ill drop my stuff there, not in your planet ruining bags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Those charity bags are usually for charities I've never heard of as well, like Helping Hand for Heroes or English Heart Foundation

I'm sure some of them are a con. But if they take my old shite away then I'm not even that bothered

Constant spam or scam callers. According to these guys, I'm nearly always in accidents and the HMRC are going to sue me for thousands. I've had quite the sh*tty year.

I get 2 or 3 a day and it's getting worse. I literally have a blocked list of hundreds of numbers.

I no longer answer calls from numbers I don't recognise... Instead decline the call and immediately Google the number. Chances are it's bollocks.

About 10-15 years ago my account was in my dad's name, and they nearly always address me as him - this tells me that my old phone provider, O2, sold this information to third parties when I left them many years ago. This really grinds my gears (not to mention breaks all sorts of data protection legislation)