Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

This every time I see or hear them called 'Spuds'.

What GMG is that "Spuds" doesn't even sound very much like "Spurs". I've never got why people use it.

If you really had to, maybe "Sperms" or "Spurts", or something, but even this more poetically correct usage is still descending into the same pit of hell as "Florist", "Direby" and"Chaventry".

Edited by Vacamion

8 hours ago, Vacamion said:

What GMG is that "Spuds" doesn't even sound very much like "Spurs". I've never got why people use it.

If you really had to, maybe "Sperms" or "Spurts", or something, but even this more poetically correct usage is still descending into the same pit of hell as "Florist", "Direby" and"Chaventry".

Dont forget Loserpool and Manure.

If someone started calling Leicester, say LIARSter or Loserter for example , I would be feel more pity for them than anger.

8 hours ago, Vacamion said:

R and D are right next to each other on the keyboard so it probably just started as an unflattering typo that stuck. 

12 hours ago, Nalis said:

Dont forget Loserpool and Manure.

If someone started calling Leicester, say LIARSter or Loserter for example , I would be feel more pity for them than anger.

Fester is usually the one I've seen...it's very distressing.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

The new auto correct on the Amazon kindle. It's been like it for about 2 months. I just wrote "saw" and it changed to "was". Saw is a proper word ffs.

Could be great for the divorce lawyers though if saw becomes was

Imagine trying to send a message to your Mrs apologising for how you behaved in an argument 

I’m so sorry for how I behaved when we argued over dinner last night. Having had time to reflect on how we were across the table to each other I can now accept that I was an utter arsehole

becomes 

I’m so sorry for how I behaved when we argued over dinner last night. Having had time to reflect on how we were across the table to each other I can now accept that I saw an utter arsehole

Edited by Mike Oxlong

On 04/07/2018 at 23:02, Corky said:

It's tedious. The same shit regurgitated for two years.

Tbf I’ve hated them for so long, I went school with Dwayne Lineker (Gary’s nephew), everyone used to arse lick him, wear Tottenham shirts and I couldn’t stand the little twat. I’ve hated them since, I’m not bandwagoning it’s real and deep lol

But it is getting a bit tedious and it shouldn’t spill over to the national team either, that is pathetic.

I see every man and his dog is now an England fan these days - very interesting.

Thought I'd have a read back through some of the match threads for the WC qualification matches and friendlies for a laugh.

The pure hatred on there for the national team and the whole set up is plain to see, yet suddenly we've had a few wins at the WC and everybody wants to be part of it.

I wonder how long it lasts :whistle:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I see every man and his dog is now an England fan these days - very interesting.

Thought I'd have a read back through some of the match threads for the WC qualification matches and friendlies for a laugh.

The pure hatred on there for the national team and the whole set up is plain to see, yet suddenly we've had a few wins at the WC and everybody wants to be part of it.

I wonder how long it lasts :whistle:

didnt we win every qualifier? what was there to moan about?

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

didnt we win every qualifier? what was there to moan about?

Don't get me wrong mate, I had a few moans when we didn't play that great but some of the comments on their suggest people didn't ever want to be England fans again.

Some pretty nasty stuff written about Southgate, the players and the national team in general. 

Suddenly we're doing O.K. and everyone's like "Yeah, it's coming home!"

Picking and choosing when you want to be an England supporter is a bit fickle.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

If you take a trolley through self checkouts you should probably be put under house arrest ngl.

They have them in the Asda I go to now where the idea is to do that very thing.

As if doing a big shop late on a week night wasn't bad enough. After about 9.30 there are no checkout staff so you have no choice but to use them, and I can safely say it's one of the bleakest experiences you can have in normal life

41 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Don't get me wrong mate, I had a few moans when we didn't play that great but some of the comments on their suggest people didn't ever want to be England fans again.

Some pretty nasty stuff written about Southgate, the players and the national team in general. 

Suddenly we're doing O.K. and everyone's like "Yeah, it's coming home!"

Picking and choosing when you want to be an England supporter is a bit fickle.

I guess you coul call me fickle. i only watch them in tournaments. not usually much to get excited about in qualifiers. the team changes so much and the games are far apart

5 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I guess you coul call me fickle. i only watch them in tournaments. not usually much to get excited about in qualifiers. the team changes so much and the games are far apart

It’s no so much ‘part time’ England fans that grind my gears, but it’s those who’ve gone full circle from hating them with a passion to suddenly loving them almost overnight 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

It’s no so much ‘part time’ England fans that grind my gears, but it’s those who’ve gone full circle from hating them with a passion to suddenly loving them almost overnight 

You shouldn't be surprised Izzy, you're a 'life veteran'. It's 2018, unless there's a reason to clamp yourself to something (ie vicarious success), people lose interest quickly these days.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

You shouldn't be surprised Izzy, you're a 'life veteran'. It's 2018, unless there's a reason to clamp yourself to something (ie vicarious success), people lose interest quickly these days.

:dunno: Twas ever thus, IMO.