Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

To be fair, he's been totally irrelevant since the Breathe song with Blu Cantrell.

Know absolutely nothing about the bloke other than his voice is horrific. But you're saying he was once relevant ??? that's mad! 

2 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Another advert from me.

Flash aaahhh

With that dog singing it( it isn’t btw,it’s fake)

Pathetic

Nah the dog is definitely singing it. You might think it’s a shit advert fair enough, but come on, don’t bring the dogs talent in to this. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Another advert from me.

Flash aaahhh

With that dog singing it( it isn’t btw,it’s fake)

Pathetic

That's painful to watch, definitely, but that one with the "I've finally found the right snack" line sung to the tune of Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of The Heart" is the worst thing I've ever heard.

It's clunky, it doesn't work and I've no recollection of what the product is.

Bonnie Tyler is sat at home going WTF is this balls

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

That's painful to watch, definitely, but that one with the "I've finally found the right snack" line sung to the tune of Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of The Heart" is the worst thing I've ever heard.

No, Bonnie Tyler is sat in some mansion not watching it going kuh ching. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

No, Bonnie Tyler is sat in some mansion not watching it going kuh ching. 

I disagree, I think she is more likely Lost In France OBSCURE BONNIE TYLER JOKE ALERT

As a Welsh person, does Bonnie Tyler have any special powers over you? My wife is from the West Midlands and therefore has to obey, by law, any direct instructions she receives from Ozzy Ozbourne

42 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I disagree, I think she is more likely Lost In France OBSCURE BONNIE TYLER JOKE ALERT

As a Welsh person, does Bonnie Tyler have any special powers over you? My wife is from the West Midlands and therefore has to obey, by law, any direct instructions she receives from Ozzy Ozbourne

Narh, I work in the hairy crooners department, Tom Jones is my line manager. 

53 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm not aware of any famous musicians from the Folkestone area. So, I should presumably be obeying Topper Headon (Dover) or members of the 1970s prog/psychedelia "Canterbury scene", like Robert Wyatt or Caravan.

I'm happy to accept Topper as my Lord and Master so long as he's still off the skag.

North/West Kent offers better pickings: Bowie, Rolling Stones, Shane MacGowan, Kate Bush, Fatboy Slim, Siouxsie...

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I wear one pair of socks per day. Sometimes two if I'm feeling frivolous. I wash about 8 pairs of socks per day. How do I continually wash 4 to 8 times the number of socks I use? I think I've broken the laws of physics. X 

you forgot to count the wank socks

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I wear one pair of socks per day. Sometimes two if I'm feeling frivolous. I wash about 8 pairs of socks per day. How do I continually wash 4 to 8 times the number of socks I use? I think I've broken the laws of physics. X 

Is this a puzzle or is it just leading to comments about your spunking into a sock frequency?

33 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Image result for bullshit meme

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'm not aware of any famous musicians from the Folkestone area. So, I should presumably be obeying Topper Headon (Dover) or members of the 1970s prog/psychedelia "Canterbury scene", like Robert Wyatt or Caravan.

I'm happy to accept Topper as my Lord and Master so long as he's still off the skag.

North/West Kent offers better pickings: Bowie, Rolling Stones, Shane MacGowan, Kate Bush, Fatboy Slim, Siouxsie...

Dartford has a good selection. 

Maidstone for me though. Barry From Eastenders and Kelly brook live nearby. Clutching !

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

You’re also washing other people’s socks. Or re washing clean socks. Who cares ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Definitely this.

There are so many adverts that result in a mad scramble for the mute button in my house.  That one is near the top of my list but the winner for me is that horrendous holiday ad where that simpering woman sings 'Ain't Nobody Loves Me Better' so soullessly and insipidly.

There also seems to be a bit of a trend for having songs sung by people who are clearly not singers.  Yes, you Gala Bingo!  Perhaps they are just trying to use ordinary people to be more relateable but it's like fingernails down a blackboard for me.

Oh and the Barclays woman on the bus.  Weird side pocket  ...grrr.

Quite like the Flash dog though.  More singing dogs, that's the answer.

Edited by murphy

20 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

You could've stopped at Robert Wyatt, Alf. That's enough for anybody, surely?

7 hours ago, murphy said:

Definitely this.

There are so many adverts that result in a mad scramble for the mute button in my house.  That one is near the top of my list but the winner for me is that horrendous holiday ad where that simpering woman sings 'Ain't Nobody Loves Me Better' so soullessly and insipidly.

There also seems to be a bit of a trend for having songs sung by people who are clearly not singers.  Yes, you Gala Bingo!  Perhaps they are just trying to use ordinary people to be more relateable but it's like fingernails down a blackboard for me.

Oh and the Barclays woman on the bus.  Weird side pocket  ...grrr.

Quite like the Flash dog though.  More singing dogs, that's the answer.

I wasn't too bothered by the TUI one until I rediscovered the original song and was reminded what a top tune it is, and as usual they've stripped away nearly everything that makes it what it is.

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Basically all adverts are shite except the Peter Kay John Smith's ones.

I think that's harsh. This campaign, for example, was criminally short-lived: