Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

My former university research partner (probably the best guy on the course) packing up and leaving the UK and returning to Sweden after over ten years because of job uncertainty for he and his wife due to Brexit.

I know a couple of people who have left because of the uncertainty of their status after 29/3. Pretty depressing. 

14 hours ago, bovril said:

I know a couple of people who have left because of the uncertainty of their status after 29/3. Pretty depressing. 

I find this hard to believe.  You’d have to be motivated to go home or have a better offer to leave the UK to uproot your life on a possible outcome 2+ years away.

23 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I find this hard to believe.  You’d have to be motivated to go home or have a better offer to leave the UK to uproot your life on a possible outcome 2+ years away.

Well, in my case all I have to go on is what he's said to me (in which he was settled for the most part, uncertainty was a big factor and mentioned nothing about a job in Sweden) and he's not a man normally inclined to dishonesty or hyperbole.

I understand that wasn't the implication, however.

All these constant cheap shots ar Phil the Greek ...   it’s getting very repetitive and is bang out of order ...   he’s in his 90’s ffs ! ...    cut the poor old bugger some slack ...   please !!

And don’t forget he’s a very caring man ....

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

My doctorate friend entered a EU settlement pilot scheme and had been charged the £65 to remain in the UK. This idea has now been reversed and payment possibly scrapped but imagine feeling like half the country want you to piss off back to where you came from and then being charged for the "privilege" of staying here, a country you have paid taxes and NI contributions towards for 10 years. Brexit is a national disgrace and shambles.

• Like 1

I'll tel you what grinds my gears, the fact most sandwiches in shops are either on brown, wholewheat or malted bread.

I don't want any of that, I want plain old white bread please. The only sandwiches on white bread are cheese and tomato or egg and cress FFS.

All the decent fillings aren't available in white bread anymore and it just ain't right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I'll tel you what grinds my gears, the fact most sandwiches in shops are either on brown, wholewheat or malted bread.

I don't want any of that, I want plain old white bread please. The only sandwiches on white bread are cheese and tomato or egg and cress FFS.

All the decent fillings aren't available in white bread anymore and it just ain't right.

Racist

• Haha 4

Finally muted "Madeleine" on twitter, not sure what 17 year old Ipswich fans are bringing to the table with their analysis that countless investigations by both British and Portuguese police couldn't 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Finally muted "Madeleine" on twitter, not sure what 17 year old Ipswich fans are bringing to the table with their analysis that countless investigations by both British and Portuguese police couldn't 

I find it very strange how people seem to enjoy claiming that her parents killed her. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

I find it very strange how people seem to enjoy claiming that her parents killed her. 

It's weirdly self-congratulatory, "well look at me I'm so clever and edgy enough to have worked out her parents murdered her"

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Those who refuse to join the A50 to A46 queue in the morning and cut in at the last minute,  but those that encourage them to do it by easily letting them in are far far worse!!

I bet you're livid!

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Those who refuse to join the A50 to A46 queue in the morning and cut in at the last minute,  but those that encourage them to do it by easily letting them in are far far worse!!

It gets to a point where  joining the cvnts is the only option otherwise you will always be the whitle knuckle guy getting upset every morning.  Driving has gone to shite. Nobody seems to obey rules or common sense these days. I ususlly pride myself on being a good driver and giving way etc but rarely is the favour  returned.

Wish my car had a car swat in it so it could smash those tw@tty cars.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

When you get a missed call so try ringing back, only to be told that number didn’t exist.

It makes you question your reality.

Probably a cold-caller 'spoofing' a local-looking number so you're more likely to pick up.

Wouldn't worry about it. If I get a missed call from a number I don't recognise I'll just ignore it unless I'm expecting something in particular. If its genuinely important they'll try again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

People comparing the Sala search to the McCann case ? moronic.

Hardly moronic surely !?! ...   one is the search by air and sea for an adult male professional footballer who’s light aircraft crashed into the sea ...   and the other is a search by police for a very young female who was abducted whilst on holiday ...    sound identical to me.  :blink:

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Hardly moronic surely !?! ...   one is the search by air and sea for an adult male professional footballer who’s light aircraft crashed into the sea ...   and the other is a search by police for a very young female who was abducted whilst on holiday ...    sound identical to me.  :blink:

They were questioning why they called off the search so easy when they’ve spent however many years looking for Madeleine. Completely different situations.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

When you get a missed call so try ringing back, only to be told that number didn’t exist.

It makes you question your reality.

The below is quite related.

Apparently some residents of the Syston and surrounding areas have received emails, which seem genuine, from a company called Benton's in Melton Mowbray; relating to some valuation approval of the properties they reside in produced by the company.

Someone from the company had confirmed to one of the residents, who questioned this email, that a scammer is impersonating someone from the company and that the email message is indeed fake and to ignore it.

They said the scam has been happening for a few weeks now.

Just to inform about it.