Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 06:55, SystonFox said:

Photos and all that I am fine with but whipping your phone out for a pen, free kick or corner is just mad. WATCH THE THING AND EXPERIENCE IT. LIVE IT BREATHE IT CHOOSE FOOTBALL.

the people who film themselves at the footy like that melt at wolves away that did the rounds need a head wobble too. Seriously. I understand there is a market and I understand there’s money to be made from this kind of thing but really personally I do not understand one bit.

A mate of mine was stood behind this guy and was actually in shot a few times. He said he was a knob. Apparently he does his own commentaries on games he goes to whilst filming himself.

22 hours ago, Parafox said:

A mate of mine was stood behind this guy and was actually in shot a few times. He said he was a knob. Apparently he does his own commentaries on games he goes to whilst filming himself.

What a tool, thats incredibly inconsiderate to others around him trying to enjoy the match.

20 minutes ago, Nalis said:

What a tool, thats incredibly inconsiderate to others around him trying to enjoy the match.

Bit like people at concerts filming the gig on phones instead of watching the thing. I was at a couple of decent shows in the last 12 months and the cocks in front of me holding up their ****ing phones and blocking my view. Just **** off. Either watch it with your actual EYES, or get out of the way of those that want to see the artist/band and go and stand at the back.

• Like 1

This bin-worthy entry into the seemingly never ending stream of vapid, ambiguous scent commercials.

I've been thinking this through... I mean how do the agency creatives even come up with this? Well, look no further. I've come to a solution.

5 boxes containing hundreds of cards. One card is drawn from each. 

1. A celebrity

2. A verb

3. A noun

4. A preposition

5. A location (noun)

In this case the outcome was: Johnny Depp buries jewellery in desert.

I just ran each through a random generator and came out with: Eddie Murphy examines restaurant near volcano

I think it works.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

This bin-worthy entry into the seemingly never ending stream of vapid, ambiguous scent commercials.

I've been thinking this through... I mean how do the agency creatives even come up with this? Well, look no further. I've come to a solution.

1. A celebrity

2. A verb

3. A noun

4. A preposition

5. A location (noun)

I just ran each through a random generator and came out with: Eddie Murphy examines restaurant near volcano

I think it works.

It's a mystery to me why they think an aging dodgy looking Depp is going to sell them any aftershave.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

1. A celebrity

2. A verb

3. A noun

4. A preposition

5. A location (noun)

I think it works.

I just gave it a try:

Kenneth Williams covers elephant with soup

Bill Cosby grabs actress by buttocks

The technique might need some fine-tuning if we're going to maximise perfume sales.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

This is one for the "Absolute Cvnts" thread, Wymsey. 

Also, I've just been aware of the word "Begpackers"? "Westerners who travel to poorer Asian countries begging for money and other support to sustain their trip"... Really?

I f**king hate people sometimes.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

1. A celebrity

2. A verb

3. A noun

4. A preposition

5. A location (noun)

I think it works.

Saw a brilliant bit of graffiti on a bus stop poster for this - someone had crossed out the letter V and replaced it with an S

I can't watch the ad now without saying 'Sausage' at the end :D 

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

1. A celebrity

2. A verb

3. A noun

4. A preposition

5. A location (noun)

I think it works.

Michael Vaughn attends birthday in grocers

• Haha 1

TInned Salmon. This is basically my fault. I love tinned fish and every few months I forgot what I disappointment tinned salmon is. I see a new brand or whatever and fall for it.

There is always a bone you miss, its always just somehow too greasy and the flavour is not there.

Back to tinned mackerel and tuna for me.

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

TInned Salmon. This is basically my fault. I love tinned fish and every few months I forgot what I disappointment tinned salmon is. I see a new brand or whatever and fall for it.

There is always a bone you miss, its always just somehow too greasy and the flavour is not there.

Back to tinned mackerel and tuna for me.

Try adding sherry vinegar to the tinned salmon and putting it in a cob.

2 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Try adding sherry vinegar to the tinned salmon and putting it in a cob.

I add vinegar, chilli flakes and pepper. The vinegar definitely helps.

Its the faff and the bones that bother me.

I've been known to just eat tuna from the tin so I'm probably just a lazy idiot.

First world problems, eh?

On 05/02/2019 at 19:08, RoboFox said:

1. A celebrity

2. A verb

3. A noun

4. A preposition

5. A location (noun)

I think it works.

I cant wait to get my bottle of ... "

"Incinérer"
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Why dont review shows (MOTD and the type) show the clock in the highlights package, im interested to know what time these things occur,

MOTD do don't they? Or at least they did. I'm fairly sure they still do have a prompt showing the minute at the beginning of each highlight.

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

So in an hour long build up to Spurs v Leicester we've had extended interviews with Higuain and Silva. So glad I don't pay for sky anymore, absolute joke.

I'd prefer it if they binned the first match or had it on a different channel like they did with Prem Plus around 15 years ago. Just seems like an inconvenience before the 4pm game.

3 hours ago, Langston said:

MOTD do don't they? Or at least they did. I'm fairly sure they still do have a prompt showing the minute at the beginning of each highlight.

:) yes possibly, to be honest i mentioned MOTD so people understood what i meant, we dont get it here, we get "review" which is basically a goals show and there is nothing to indicate :(

On 10/02/2019 at 13:02, Facecloth said:

So in an hour long build up to Spurs v Leicester we've had extended interviews with Higuain and Silva. So glad I don't pay for sky anymore, absolute joke.

I never watch the build up when we play the top sides anymore. In fairness, the beginning to Super Sunday is more general because they'd only have 10 mins to preview Man City v Chelsea after analysing our game.

I heard people slagging off the Liverpool v Leicester build up and I could bet that it was 90% Liverpool and 10% "Leicester are where they should be, why are they angry at the manager" etc.

Like Todge, I avoid any of the pre-match, half-time, and post-match analysis. It's never particularity insightful and frequently infuriating. I don't need anyone else to tell me what to think about the match, and teh experience is more enjoyable for it. Anything that is worthwhile can be found on social media afterwards. If I've got mates round, we pretty much perfectly time a game of Fifa during the half-time time break :thumbup:

• Like 1