Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

When you get a missed call so try ringing back, only to be told that number didn’t exist.

It makes you question your reality.

Had that recently, weird.

Bristol number.

Edited by Tuna

23 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

People who film penalties at football games. Just noticed it in the palace game. Why on earth would you film it and not just live it and celebrate? Are they really going to be re watching that on their phone? Absolutely ****ing pathetic 

Even worse, a couple of people were filming Rashford celebrating at Tottenham a couple of weeks. In the home end.

Why would you video someone celebrating scoring against your own team?

25 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

People who film penalties at football games. Just noticed it in the palace game. Why on earth would you film it and not just live it and celebrate? Are they really going to be re watching that on their phone? Absolutely ****ing pathetic 

innit, the game is literally on the tele, if you want to you can rewatch the whole thing when u get home in high definition bro. 

11 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

innit, the game is literally on the tele, if you want to you can rewatch the whole thing when u get home in high definition bro. 

The more I think about it the more I don’t get it. What they thinking they are gonna get out of it? Show their mates who will have seen it on the tv anyway? Also weirder is people who post goals that they’ve filmed. Like have they just been filming the whole game? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The more I think about it the more I don’t get it. What they thinking they are gonna get out of it? Show their mates who will have seen it on the tv anyway? Also weirder is people who post goals that they’ve filmed. Like have they just been filming the whole game? 

I can only imagine it's to show off on social media in a kinda "I was there" type of way. The irony being you weren't really 'there' watching the match because you were staring at your bloody phone all the time.

In the old days you just bought a programme to show that you were 'there' :rolleyes:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The worst are those that film themselves as if anyone's remotely interested.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Posted it earlier in this thread. There was a cycling event going through West Bridgeford last year, and Geraint Thomas was competing. A lad I knew at school posted on Facebook, videos and photos as the cyclist rode past with him looking directly at the camera. He's not even looking at the thing he's made the effort to go and see. Ridiculous.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

When i make my way over to the kp from this side of the pond i take pics etc but normally pre game. For us lot its about memories of being at the kp seeing as we dont get to do it often. If i was a season ticket holder or went to games often why would you do all that jazz.

Photos and all that I am fine with but whipping your phone out for a pen, free kick or corner is just mad. WATCH THE THING AND EXPERIENCE IT. LIVE IT BREATHE IT CHOOSE FOOTBALL.

the people who film themselves at the footy like that melt at wolves away that did the rounds need a head wobble too. Seriously. I understand there is a market and I understand there’s money to be made from this kind of thing but really personally I do not understand one bit.

• Like 1

When a body of text uses acronyms without first referring to the full name.  Just had to google what V&A stands for because whoever wrote the BBC article about Will & Kate opening a museum in Scotland assumes we're all au fait with the term.  I'm sure it's immediately obvious to many people and I maybe could have guessed it eventually but it's lazy writing to not spell it out even once for the avoidance of doubt.

Also when are they going to change the official definition of an acronym to bring it in line with common usage?  Does anybody even know what's wrong with my use of the term up above?

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

When a body of text uses acronyms without first referring to the full name.  Just had to google what V&A stands for because whoever wrote the BBC article about Will & Kate opening a museum in Scotland assumes we're all au fait with the term.  I'm sure it's immediately obvious to many people and I maybe could have guessed it eventually but it's lazy writing to not spell it out even once for the avoidance of doubt.

Also when are they going to change the official definition of an acronym to bring it in line with common usage?  Does anybody even know what's wrong with my use of the term up above?

Is it that V&A are merely initials whereas an acronym has to be a word / pronounced as a word? Like NASAAIDS, etc....

• Like 1

On 28/01/2019 at 23:13, Tuna said:

On the subject of annoying adverts I'd like to nominate "Ooooonnnnnn the market".

Can't escape it even on the radio.

Someone’s knocking at your door, somebodies ringing yer bell.

**** off fake carol vorderman

Edited by SystonFox