Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

To be believed.

I'm guessing he started filming once she became irate, not just because the dog was off the leash.

Especially when she starts lying to the cops as well...

Surely common sense is to just bugger off if that's the case?

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

is this really the biggest problem you see in this?

Don't think I ever suggested that to be the case? That woman is clearly deranged but why escalate the situation by filming? It's just something I don't understand, what good ever comes out of filming people in those sort of situations?

Just now, AKCJ said:

Don't think I ever suggested that to be the case? That woman is clearly deranged but why escalate the situation by filming? It's just something I don't understand, what good ever comes out of filming people in those sort of situations?

This woman has rung the police and accused an innocent (to use her words "African American") man of threatening her. This in a country where police and even the public have been far too quick to shoot and kill unarmed INNOCENT people of colour.

worrying about why something is filmed is perhaps missing the point here

• Like 4

On 23/05/2020 at 19:57, Parafox said:

Despite the advice, people shopping in supermarkets in family groups. OK if you're a single parent and you can't leave your kids alone at home, but recently I've seen families of up to 6 all together, shopping. I've also seen a family group split up in the queue and go in separately to then rejoin each other once in the store.

Oh absolutely. There is no good reason for anyone to be shopping in parties of more than one - aside from the example you mentioned. Couples happily taking up aisles to stroll side by side, teenage kids with their parents. Feels the supermarkets have really loosened up on this in the past couple of weeks, and it's not good.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Surely common sense is to just bugger off if that's the case?

Perhaps... 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

But then if cops come running along, for black people in America it's a far more scarier prospect. It wouldn't surprise me if they came all guns blazing pointed at the black man. And for what?

(yes I know it's a sweeping statement for police in USA). 

Imagine if he was shot. Or worse, killed by the police. 

He has this footage to show he was innocent and did absolutely nothing to warrant even a phone call to police. That's perhaps a sign of the times of how fearful black people are in America. They need to do this to prove their innocence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh absolutely. There is no good reason for anyone to be shopping in parties of more than one - aside from the example you mentioned. Couples happily taking up aisles to stroll side by side, teenage kids with their parents. Feels the supermarkets have really loosened up on this in the past couple of weeks, and it's not good.

Went in to Tesco yesterday and there were 2 females walking side by side, blocking an aisle whilst looking at products slowly walking by them. I'm all for the one way system which has come to be a regular sight in stores now but have a bit of self awareness of the space taken up surely?! 

Other people will be shopping and if you're gonna be blocking an aisle, it limits the space for people to walk through or beside you to avoid contact. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Went in to Tesco yesterday and there were 2 females walking side by side, blocking an aisle whilst looking at products slowly walking by them. I'm all for the one way system which has come to be a regular sight in stores now but have a bit of self awareness of the space taken up surely?! 

Other people will be shopping and if you're gonna be blocking an aisle, it limits the space for people to walk through or beside you to avoid contact. 

Same happened to me last week. Two women just using the middle of the beer aisle to have a natter. Given a Bank Holiday weekend was coming, you can imagine how fuming I was...

Sick of people “browsing” whilst shopping, to such a degree they are picking up and putting down endless items, fresh, packaged, etc.

Heads up those shopping muppets - things are not back to normal, nor will be any time soon.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I don't understand why people like him feel the need to record people that are breaking extremely minor rules/laws.

What does he gain from that? I assume he asked her politely and she kicked up a fuss about it. Surely you just move on from the situation?

What does he gain from filming and being around what is clearly a very distressed person? To post it on social media for likes and clicks? Normal people just move on and forget about it.

He is trying to protect something he cares about.  Her reaction is scary and she deserves everything she gets.

7 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

This woman has rung the police and accused an innocent (to use her words "African American") man of threatening her. This in a country where police and even the public have been far too quick to shoot and kill unarmed INNOCENT people of colour.

worrying about why something is filmed is perhaps missing the point here

I'm not missing the point. I understand and agree with everything you've said.

But the point remains that standing there and filming the situation until that clearly mental woman calls the police is only putting petrol on the fire. Why do it?

The whole supermarket shopping is a farce (in my experience)

This charade of queueing outside in varying degrees of distance (between 0.5-2m depending on the person behind you) then the whole thing goes to pot in store. People ignoring the one-way system, people stopping for a chat so you have to walk between the two (not 2m distance). The online pickers who seem to think they're invisible (hard job, not going in hard on them, but in crowded aisles it makes it so tough.)

ASDA Fosse Park is my experience of this, and it's just pointless waiting outside for 20 minutes getting all distant when it's all so cosy inside the store.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think I would prefer to have the viedo evidence that the deranged woman is lying rather than chance it when the Police came calling.

Video evidence that a dog was off the lead?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm not missing the point. I understand and agree with everything you've said.

But the point remains that standing there and filming the situation until that clearly mental woman calls the police is only putting petrol on the fire. Why do it?

Because he should not have to do as you suggest. It’s fine being the bigger man/woman, but in this instance he is clearly in the right and he has no need to “reign it in”.

However, did he start filming prior to interacting with the woman? If so, why? Does she have “form” for such behaviour? If she does then perhaps you are right and may have been pertinent to avoid the lady.

Saw your statement re: filming the dog off the lead, so that answers my question. -thanks

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I don't understand why people like him feel the need to record people that are breaking extremely minor rules/laws.

What does he gain from that? I assume he asked her politely and she kicked up a fuss about it. Surely you just move on from the situation?

What does he gain from filming and being around what is clearly a very distressed person? To post it on social media for likes and clicks? Normal people just move on and forget about it.

Video clearly isn't at the start of the altercation, this dude's phone is out because she's already up to some bullshit.  Given what she went on to threaten him with (and had possibly already done so for the phone to be out in the first place, dude sounds pretty upset like she'd already said something heinous) his decision shouldn't be questioned at all here.  I get what you're trying to say and there definitely are tons of videos online where the cameraman's deliberately making matters worse, but it's a horrible take in the scenario.

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Video clearly isn't at the start of the altercation, this dude's phone is out because she's already up to some bullshit.  Given what she went on to threaten him with (and had possibly already done so for the phone to be out in the first place, dude sounds pretty upset like she'd already said something heinous) his decision shouldn't be questioned at all here.  I get what you're trying to say and there definitely are tons of videos online where the cameraman's deliberately making matters worse, but it's a horrible take in the scenario.

Neither of us really know what happened before the video.

I just don't understand the mindset of staying around someone that is clearly a danger. Get away from that person and report them, why bother continuing to put yourself at risk? 

I undestand that both people are upset and so both feel threatened but the best way to diffuse a situation like that is to move on. That way the police aren't having their time wasted by two people arguing over something as trivial as a dog being off its lead to the point where people are genuinely frighted for their safety.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Neither of us really know what happened before the video.

I just don't understand the mindset of staying around someone that is clearly a danger. Get away from that person and report them, why bother continuing to put yourself at risk? 

I undestand that both people are upset and so both feel threatened but the best way to diffuse a situation like that is to move on. That way the police aren't having their time wasted by two people arguing over something as trivial as a dog being off its lead to the point where people are genuinely frighted for their safety.

I'm with you dude. By all means tell/ask the crazy bitch to leash her dog as she should be doing. But after that just jog on. A confrontation over something so trivial baffles me. 

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I'm with you dude. By all means tell/ask the crazy bitch to leash her dog as she should be doing. But after that just jog on. A confrontation over something so trivial baffles me. 

Wasn’t the guy a twitcher? So he was being a hobbyist no? Thought that was why he was a bit pee’d off.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Wasn’t the guy a twitcher? So he was being a hobbyist no? Thought that was why he was a bit pee’d off.

I have no idea wtf any of them are doing tbf. It's more a general observation than a definitive telling off of the bloke for recording. He might have a great reason, or he might just be fishing for likes, it doesn't matter to what I think. I just don't get confrontations over something that seems so trivial, on both sides. What a complete waste of police time. 

Just now, Innovindil said:

I have no idea wtf any of them are doing tbf. It's more a general observation than a definitive telling off of the bloke for recording. He might have a great reason, or he might just be fishing for likes, it doesn't matter to what I think. I just don't get confrontations over something that seems so trivial, on both sides. What a complete waste of police time. 

Well he was bird watching, she was walking a dog, let it of the lease which was forbidden, and the rest you know :D

Digs scare if birds so he quite within his rights, but yes I get the is it worth your time argument

33 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just a thought..?? 

Is this a city thing??  Flow

I Live in the country,but in a settled area of houses,whether we go to the Local supermarkets,all quite large..600-1200sq.m, sites

or to a near Town supermarket,or DIY store..4000sq.m+, There might be the odd Thick,lazy,egoistic,dipstick,but a rarity,and not on every visit.. 

Plus Teenage girls or boys,with or without their families,seem more aware,than the Single young/older people,who tend to think,they only just want to do something quickly,then spend ages doing it (Often workers on their break or picking Material up for their firm)..Then The ones despite .massive signs saying. Entrance/exit only,totally ignoring or trying to discuss with security,the reason why they want to go against the flow..:dunno:   

These tend to be The same Type of characters,who hog  &  Park on the disabled Parking spaces....( I Pull their Widescreen wipers ..:whistle: )

These incidents are rare,on what I have seen and experienced, One exception is my last sentence,There are always selfish neanderthals,with or without the

Corvid-19 rulings