Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

24 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Max Rushden has grown on me and I actually like listening to him on TalkSport, his Saturday morning show with Charlie Baker is a great three hours, then on Sunday he gets Barry Glendenning joining him and it completely kills it. Don't know if he's meant to play the straight man or what but he just comes across as an incessantly negative, dour knobhead.

I can’t stand Glendenning, stopped listening to the football weekly podcast because he was so often wrong, not even just on subjective matters either. I reckon he doesn’t even like football 

• Like 2

Completely agree. He's just an Irish Mark Lawrenson, but hasn't actually played football either. 

I remember arguing with him about Ranieri when we sacked him. Some of the stuff he came out with was pathetic.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I can’t stand Glendenning, stopped listening to the football weekly podcast because he was so often wrong, not even just on subjective matters either. I reckon he doesn’t even like football 

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

Completely agree. He's, just an Irish Mark Lawrenson, but hasn't actually played football either. 

I remember arguing with him about Ranieri, when we sacked him. Some of the stuff he came out with was pathetic.

Glendenning blocked me on Twitter after a long argument on Twitter over the Ranieri sacking. The man is a ****.

• Like 2

Glendinning is basically a Chris Sutton type who never played football. Just comes out with controversial comments in a pathetic attempt to be in the public eye rather than providing any valuable insight.

Judging by the last few posts including this one, he's achieving his goals sadly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Glendinning is basically a Chris Sutton type who never played football. Just comes out with controversial comments in a pathetic attempt to be in the public eye rather than providing any valuable insight.

Judging by the last few posts including this one, he's achieving his goals sadly!

It's not so much any controversy in what he's saying on the TalkSport show (which I can't say I've noticed all that much), more the delivery and general life-absorbing nature of it all. It's draining to listen to.

Getting stuck in an hour plus compulsory work skype calls, where nothing relevant is actually said.

In most of them its just sitting there until the manager asks about your life, by the time she gets to me I've lost patience and give short answers to get out of the call.

• Like 2

My bank recently decided that after being a loyal customer since 1979, they needed me to prove that I was who I said I was. This involved producing various documents such as a recent utilities bill. Being almost paperless now with such things, actually producing a paper trail which they'd accept as valid wasn't as straightforward as I'd expected. It was quite an irritating thing to have to deal with, and in the end, I felt like asking the bank employee to prove to ME that he was a bone fide member of the bank's staff!   

27 minutes ago, String fellow said:

My bank recently decided that after being a loyal customer since 1979, they needed me to prove that I was who I said I was. This involved producing various documents such as a recent utilities bill. Being almost paperless now with such things, actually producing a paper trail which they'd accept as valid wasn't as straightforward as I'd expected. It was quite an irritating thing to have to deal with, and in the end, I felt like asking the bank employee to prove to ME that he was a bone fide member of the bank's staff!   

Same bank for 40 years wtf?

I swap every 1/2 years. They're all practically the same but you get free money for swapping. :mellow:

18 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Same bank for 40 years wtf?

I swap every 1/2 years. They're all practically the same but you get free money for swapping. :mellow:

I am with Mr Hawke (One for the old duffers) on this one. I cannot be bothered all this swapping nonsense, so I save 5 quid, my time is more valuable too me.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am with Mr Hawke (One for the old duffers) on this one. I cannot be bothered all this swapping nonsense, so I save 5 quid, my time is more valuable too me.

Last time I switched they gave me £175 for free.  It's a bit of a chore but surely half an hour of your time is worth that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Seems crazy to me. The switching services are easy as balls these days, all direct debits auto switch, all you have to do is change whatever online payments you use to the new details, with the save card details into browsers or samsung pay doodar on phones, it takes a few minutes.

With the refer a friend thing, last year I got my missus, brother and mum and dad all to switch for a tidy £500 total. Not really to be sniffed at eh. Ain't gonna change your life but there's not many jobs that would pay that for such little effort. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Just now, Innovindil said:

Seems crazy to me. The switching services are easy as balls these days, all direct debits auto switch, all you have to do is change whatever online payments you use to the new details, with the save card details into browsers or samsung pay doodar on phones, it takes a few minutes.

With the refer a friend thing, last year I got my missus, brother and mum and dad all to switch for a tidy £500 total. Not really to be sniffed at eh. Ain't gonna change your life but there's not many jobs that would pay that for such little effort. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is a fair point and something I really should take advantage of, but you severely underestimate my aptitude for laziness.

• Haha 3

All eco posts on how Earth is healing amongst the current climate and how we the humanity are the real virus etc.    I get that some people feel passionate about the environment but posting these types of posts is more likely to just piss people off when they are currently bit miserable during the current lockdown.

This also applies to vegetarianism and veganism posts that point out eating meat is the cause of several viral pandemic.   

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, The Blur said:

All eco posts on how Earth is healing amongst the current climate and how we the humanity is the real virus etc.    I get that some people feel passionate about the environment but posting these types of posts is more likely to just piss people off when they are currently bit miserable during the current lockdown.

This also applies to vegetarianism and veganism posts that point out eating meat is the cause of several viral pandemic.   

On 04/05/2020 at 23:25, leicsmac said:

Seeing more and more "sponsored" eco-fascist content on FB like "Congestion Ahead". Someone is clearly pouring a lot of money into the idea of making (almost certainly non-white) population "control" a more palatable idea.

Yep. "Humans are the real plague" is the starter version of eco-fascism.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yep. "Humans are the real plague" is the starter version of eco-fascism.

It is sad how these people are too self absorbed to see how they are hindering others from making real progress.   There are some room for shock tactics ie Netflix documentaries and the protests in high street with video clips of slaughterhouses but the aggresive blaming just do not work at all.   I honestly think going out in the local neighbourhood with a litter picker to clean up litter once a week is more effective than FB memes as it would make some others more conscious about their own behaviour and change some of their habits.   

People reporting soaps to Ofcom. I think some expect it to be a cosy comedy where all the village has a nice chat in the pub, everyone's nice to each other and nothing is bad, negative, outrageous etc.

The fact is that domestic violence, gangs, murder etc all happen in real life so naturally soaps will tackle the subject too, usually with discussions with charities relating to the scenes beforehand. They won't be put out on a whim.

Personally, I don't think soaps are for children and probably should be after the watershed, but they aren't, they reflect (or try to) real life and unfortunately grim events occur.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

People reporting soaps to Ofcom. I think some expect it to be a cosy comedy where all the village has a nice chat in the pub, everyone's nice to each other and nothing is bad, negative, outrageous etc.

The fact is that domestic violence, gangs, murder etc all happen in real life so naturally soaps will tackle the subject too, usually with discussions with charities relating to the scenes beforehand. They won't be put out on a whim.

Personally, I don't think soaps are for children and probably should be after the watershed, but they aren't, they reflect (or try to) real life and unfortunately grim events occur.

Totally agree. Soaps are a depictions of real life, turned up to 100. I read once that at one point Weatherfield and Walford had death rates 10 times the national average. They are clearly over dramatised version of every day life, if they just depicted actually real life they'd be even less watchable than they already are. Nobody wants to watch half an hour of Billy Mitchell coming home from work, cooking his dinner and binge watching Better Call Saul.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The Blur said:

All eco posts on how Earth is healing amongst the current climate and how we the humanity are the real virus etc.    I get that some people feel passionate about the environment but posting these types of posts is more likely to just piss people off when they are currently bit miserable during the current lockdown.

This fills me with uncontainable rage...... the scientists are clearly clueless because some twat with dreadlocks and an inability to wash has it all figured out...... an extension to this because his partner is a tree nibbler, Elon Musk calling his child whatever he has called it.... ****ing embarrassing.